(Close Window)
Topic: Source for thin metal sheet that magnets will stick on?
I'm making my own version of What's next. For reference I will talk about what's next but this is a variation.

I need help finding the metal for the domino. I have the magnetic dots.

I could go with either the solid metal as in What's Next? or I could go with the cardboard domino with some kind of metal sheet inside as in the less expensive Royal Magic verion.

If you know the name of the Royal Magic Cardboard version let me know because I might end up buying one of those and tear it apart to get the metal sheet.

Any help appreciated.
It's called Royal Magic Dubious Domino

Tom
The big hardware stores sell a flat galvanized sheeting for making duct work for your heating and cooling. Cover both sides with contact paper or whiteboard adhesive vinyl and you are all set. It can be cut with tin snips.
Thank you both!
They also make dry-erase boards that are magnetic. They look professional and come in a variety of sizes.
Cookie sheets also work.
At home stores and hardware stores, the item you are looking for is called "flashing". I have to admit that the cookie sheets is intriguing for all sorts of things.

Depending on how strong you need that magnet to be ... trimming a pizza delivery fridge magnet may do what you need. And you can find for free many places. Are soup cans still magnetic?
Yes! The tops of soup cans are and I've used them before. Pretty sure they are actually steel as they stick to a magnet no prob. Great creative discussion here!

-Shaun Jay
Custom 3D Designed Gimmicks
https://utilitygaffs.com
Hobby sheet tin or steel can be purchased at Hardware stores and Home improvement stores. Hobby shops most likely will not have the very large sheet metal, they usually sell only 15 inches long by about 5 inches wide.

Home improvement stores and Hardware stores will most likely be able to cut to the size you need.

IF you want a large sheet then you can get them at hardware stores and Home improvement stores.

Yes they come in different thicknesses.
I went to Lowe's and found they have small sheets of metal. I chose the thinnest sheet and checked with a magnet tp make sure it attracted. I also bought a pair of metal snips.

My project cam out great. Thanks for your help everyone.