(Close Window)
Topic: INSIDER by Marck Oberon ("To the point, natural and 100% sure fire.." -Colin McLeod)
"If you want to read minds reliably, you need this. It's very rare that I'm left kicking myself thinking, "I wish I'd thought of that." But as soon as Marc shared the workings of this device, I immediately realized he's solved decades of problems with a classic method. He's re-engineered this principle to ensure it's more deceptive and invisible than ever before. If you want a reliable method for learning information in the real world - close up or on stage, then you've found it. My main piece of advice?... Get two."
- Colin McLeod

https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=69063

* 5 peek techniques to cover EVERY SITUATION
* Peek & re-peek without suspicion
* Innocent looking gimmick, hides in plain sight and is built to last.
* Resets instantly
* Works in ALL lighting conditions.

Ready to use immediately, no arts and crafts.

Includes 90 minutes of video instructions; explaining 8 Insider routines, mentalism psychology and performance subtleties.
It reminds me of Looch's Retina, but I guess the method is different with this.
Similar to Pac Stack by Paul Carnazzo?
Luke Dancy said he is going to have Marc on his stream tomorrow and Marc was thinking about showing how Insider works... We'll see what he decides to do.
Marc is a very innovative thinker. This will definitely be worth a peek in more ways than one.
NeilS... couldn't agree more!

I had the pleasure of seeing a very early version of Insider and it's come so far over the years. As with anything Marc does there's a lot of thought gone into the methodology and presentation and is definitely worthy of the high praise from other mentalists and they have all in their own way contributed to it's final form.

The instructional download is high quality too with a lot of additional thoughts and routines compared with so many products that are thought up and to put to market and forgotten... you can tell this has come from a worker who has put time into it.

Also the trailer is pretty nice too - https://oberonmagic.shop/

In terms of an actual product it is as good as the trailer makes out, the peek is so subtle yet so obvious and with so many ways of peeking the information you can get multiple peeks to get multiple bits of information.

Needless to say I really like this utility, well built, well thought through. 10/10!

Straight into my close-up act when events return these next couple of months.

Think it's available now from Marc's shop too.
Looking forward to reviews of this one. Marc Oberon's creativity and attention to detail is second to none.
[quote]On Mar 22, 2021, PaulGee wrote:
Luke Dancy said he is going to have Marc on his stream tomorrow . . .. [/quote]

Where can this stream be viewed?

Thanks!
Jerry
[quote]On Mar 22, 2021, jerdunn wrote:

Thanks!
Jerry [/quote]

Luke streams on the Murphy's Magic YouTube channel Tuesday evenings, here is the link https://youtube.com/user/murphysmagic
[quote]On Mar 22, 2021, jerdunn wrote:

Thanks!
Jerry [/quote]

Luke streams on the Murphy's Magic YouTube channel Tuesday evenings, here is the link https://youtube.com/user/murphysmagic [/quote]

Then he usually posts a link here the next day, doesnít he?
No Batteries, no Bluetooth, no WiFi? How about humbleness and restraint?
How about respect for people who bought some of these more expensive tools?

The aggressive quote by McLeod ďF#!$ this battery powered B%ď was removed as it seems.
Interesting because Colin McLeod was a testimonial for a few of these products (Delaure, Labco, ProMystic) over the years.

I like Mr. Oberon and the actual technique might be really worth a look. The advertisement is terrible this time.
I hope that future users of this product will not only tell people straight what they have written like seen in this trailer.
Is that him getting the peek at 1.47 in the video? If so that looks very clean. I'm thinking a flap or something on the bottom card, or a light like thought transmitter?
Can't be a light, remember what Colin said, No Batteries....
As a peek junkie I had to take the plunge. Itís Mr Oberon, canít go wrong....
[quote]On Mar 23, 2021, roblane wrote:
As a peek junkie I had to take the plunge. Itís Mr Oberon, canít go wrong.... [/quote]

Does it already ship from Marc Oberon directly?
[quote]On Mar 23, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
No Batteries, no Bluetooth, no WiFi? How about humbleness and restraint?
How about respect for people who bought some of these more expensive tools?

The aggressive quote by McLeod ďF#!$ this battery powered B%ď was removed as it seems.
Interesting because Colin McLeod was a testimonial for a few of these products (Delaure, Labco, ProMystic) over the years.

I like Mr. Oberon and the actual technique might be really worth a look. The advertisement is terrible this time.
I hope that future users of this product will not only tell people straight what they have written like seen in this trailer. [/quote]
Couldn't agree more. The advertising of products has become desperate recently. I'll give them the best edit of the doubt and put it down to Covid.
[quote]On Mar 23, 2021, ArtIn wrote:
As a peek junkie I had to take the plunge. Itís Mr Oberon, canít go wrong.... [/quote]

Does it already ship from Marc Oberon directly? [/quote]

Yes it seems so ArtIn,

I ordered last night directly from Marc's website https://oberonmagic.shop/

Slightly lower price than some UK Dealers, with free shipping.

Paul McCaig.
Who ever would have thought there would be such a thing as a peek junkie, and never in a million years would I have ever dreamed that I would become one.
But alas, it is true.
My name is videoman and I am a peekaholic.

The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

I have allowed my wife to confiscate all my credit cards, but dang if I donít have a secret crib sheet with all the numbers.
Iím a lost cause. This is a cry for help.

How many peeks does one human need?
Itís out of my control. This is an addiction.
Itís okay to have one vice, right?

Iím honest and try to help when I can, I donít smoke, rarely drink, and I donít fool around. Acquiring another peek wonít hurt anyone, right?
Yes, it was removed because I never said/offered that as a quote.

Let's be clear. Craig Filicetti and Soren from Labco are two of the nicest people on the planet. Their work is impeccable and I cannot rate it highly enough.

... Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of **** out there. Some who only copy the greats and their work is massively inferior as a result. But that's a conversation for another time.

What Marc has created here takes a classic idea and fixes the biggest problem with it. If you're looking for a low tech method, this is nothing short of brilliant.
[quote]On Mar 24, 2021, Colin wrote:
Yes, it was removed because I never said/offered that as a quote.

Let's be clear. Craig Filicetti and Soren from Labco are two of the nicest people on the planet. Their work is impeccable and I cannot rate it highly enough.

... Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of **** out there. Some who only copy the greats and their work is massively inferior as a result. But that's a conversation for another time.

What Marc has created here takes a classic idea and fixes the biggest problem with it. If you're looking for a low tech method, this is nothing short of brilliant. [/quote]

Thank you for clarification.
Looks like the stream will be today with Marc, here is the link, it looks like it's in about 30 minutes from now.

https://youtu.be/i0Gl8mf9LpU
I watched most of Marc Oberon's live stream through Murphy's and this is indeed a very ingenious devious. However, it's main value is for occasions (namely on stage) when you wish to reveal MULTIPLE pieces of information written on a small index card. Without exposing the method it's like Looch's Hollow meets the Blink Wallet. The big advantage being that you can peek the information multiple times without the spectator seeing anything suspicious. I should also mention that this would be very difficult to make on your own; IMO the asking price is fair.

If you want to reveal a name, date, or otherwise single piece of information then you probably don't need this. I'm sure that you already own something suitable like a peek wallet or similar device. But, if your goal is to reveal 'multiple' pieces of info (from one spectator) without electronics, then this would serve as an excellent low-tech option.

Another detail worth mentioning is that this uses consumables because the card is different than a standard index card found in the USA, but Marc said that they'll be priced very inexpensively. Alternatively, you could use a business card, but IMO it doesn't make sense to insert a business card into a stack of index cards.

Overall, this is a worthwhile entry into the world of peek devices and I personally intend to buy one.
As a heads up I've made the chat with Marc set to unlisted so 'public eyes' don't see it. I wanted to share the link with you here as this is a magician's only place. I'll be editing out the 'secret stuff' and re-posting the video as public over the weekend. Enjoy!

[youtube]i0Gl8mf9LpU[/youtube]
Does it already ship from Marc Oberon directly? [/quote]
I also ordered it directly from Marc.
No Preorder here. I wonder if he ships it earlier... Hmm? :hmm:
[quote]On Mar 24, 2021, Luke Dancy wrote:
As a heads up I've made the chat with Marc set to unlisted so 'public eyes' don't see it. I wanted to share the link with you here as this is a magician's only place. I'll be editing out the 'secret stuff' and re-posting the video as public over the weekend. Enjoy!

[/quote]

What a brilliant magic creator Marc is! Thank you for this interview.

[youtube]i0Gl8mf9LpU[/youtube] [/quote]

This is so cool! What an ingenious device! My order is in.

Thanks very much for the great video chat with Marc. Really enjoyed it!

[/quote]
Thank you for sharing. By doing that, I became interested in other products made by Marc I was not aware of.
What a great device.

Love the transparency from Mark on what you get.
Where does one purchase this right now?
Do I need it? DoI need it? No.
Do I want it? Do I want it? Yes.
Should I buy it? Should I buy it? Hmm 🤔
This definitely has the advantage over other methods using this general idea with a stack of index cards.
Jared.
Thank you for your comments -- helpful and valuable!

[quote]On Mar 24, 2021, Jared wrote:
I watched most of Marc Oberon's live stream through Murphy's and this is indeed a very ingenious devious. However, it's main value is for occasions (namely on stage) when you wish to reveal MULTIPLE pieces of information written on a small index card. Without exposing the method it's like Looch's Hollow meets the Blink Wallet. The big advantage being that you can peek the information multiple times without the spectator seeing anything suspicious. I should also mention that this would be very difficult to make on your own; IMO the asking price is fair.

If you want to reveal a name, date, or otherwise single piece of information then you probably don't need this. I'm sure that you already own something suitable like a peek wallet or similar device. But, if your goal is to reveal 'multiple' pieces of info (from one spectator) without electronics, then this would serve as an excellent low-tech option.

Another detail worth mentioning is that this uses consumables because the card is different than a standard index card found in the USA, but Marc said that they'll be priced very inexpensively. Alternatively, you could use a business card, but IMO it doesn't make sense to insert a business card into a stack of index cards.

Overall, this is a worthwhile entry into the world of peek devices and I personally intend to buy one. [/quote]
Glad you enjoyed the chat!

[quote]On Mar 24, 2021, Stunninger wrote:

[youtube]i0Gl8mf9LpU[/youtube] [/quote]

This is so cool! What an ingenious device! My order is in.

Thanks very much for the great video chat with Marc. Really enjoyed it!

. [/quote]
Marvellous indeed :punkrocker:
[quote]On Mar 25, 2021, Nat wrote:
Jared.
Thank you for your comments -- helpful and valuable!

Any time Nat! :)
You can pick this up from your favorite magic shop
Most of them are stocking this one..

[quote]On Mar 25, 2021, Illucifer wrote:
Where does one purchase this right now? [/quote]
I thoroughly enjoyed that. Great video . Thanks!
Thank you for your openness about the product, much appreciated!
Those who know my work, know that I love peeks, close up and stage.

I have been lucky to see this being developed and I have had my hands on the prototypes, I have seen this get stronger and stronger until it has become, 'Insider'.

This is incredibly organic in appearance and method.

Joel.
So obviously we can get cheap refills of that kind/size of index card, but what about simply cutting our own?

For that matter, if I had a stack banded together like that, I might have some facing each direction, so the blank side on back for example for drawing dupes.

Do I have this right? We can get cheap 3x5's and make our own no problem?
[quote]On Mar 26, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
So obviously we can get cheap refills of that kind/size of index card, but what about simply cutting our own?

For that matter, if I had a stack banded together like that, I might have some facing each direction, so the blank side on back for example for drawing dupes.

Do I have this right? We can get cheap 3x5's and make our own no problem? [/quote]

Yes, no problem!
[quote]On Mar 26, 2021, Drtriage wrote:
[quote]On Mar 26, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:

Do I have this right? We can get cheap 3x5's and make our own no problem? [/quote]

Yes, no problem! [/quote]

You could certainly cut your own but the lines may not line up or be as dark as the supplied cards. This may not be an issue to you, especially if you always keep enough of the original cards mixed in amongst those you cut yourself, but something to be aware of.
Okay, yeah. I ask because I make notes constantly and an always carrying a stack around. Just without the rubber band. So this is so organic for me.

Here's the wad in my pocket right now. 😆
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wq7kU373btrxfkKX8
If you wanted to avoid buying refills or cutting your own I believe Marc mentions using a borrowed business card which I think would be totally workable if you framed it as having a connection to them by being a personal item of theirs.

Hand them an index card from your stack and then ďon second thoughtĒ ask if they have a business card and if they do use that. Granted, it would be better to use your own biz card and leave it with them, but as Jared pointed out and I agree, that may seem odd as to why you have a stack of index cards.

If I were a full time pro Iíd consider having business cards designed and printed to hide the gaffus and commission Marc to make it up for me using my cards.

In any event I think this is a great release. Marc ticked a lot of boxes with this especially by being able to have multiple pieces of information written on the card and being able to re-peek or even stare as needed, while continually nonchalantly showing both sides of the stack. That is HUGE to me.
[quote]On Mar 26, 2021, videoman wrote:
If you wanted to avoid buying refills or cutting your own I believe Marc mentions using a borrowed business card which I think would be totally workable if you framed it as having a connection to them by being a personal item of theirs.

Hand them an index card from your stack and then ďon second thoughtĒ ask if they have a business card and if they do use that. Granted, it would be better to use your own biz card and leave it with them, but as Jared pointed out and I agree, that may seem odd as to why you have a stack of index cards.

If I were a full time pro Iíd consider having business cards designed and printed to hide the gaffus and commission Marc to make it up for me using my cards.

In any event I think this is a great release. Marc ticked a lot of boxes with this especially by being able to have multiple pieces of information written on the card and being able to re-peek or even stare as needed, while continually nonchalantly showing both sides of the stack. That is HUGE to me. [/quote]

I used to carry something like [url=https://www.levenger.com/men-s-22937/pocket-briefcases-22944/cordova-shirt-pocket-briefcase-13364.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=GoogleFeed&utm_content=All&utm_campaign=GoogleFeed&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjPaCBhDkARIsAISZN7Q4wIuz10iCZ-oRwPnMzOHJugR6b4uFt8K5DfwQkbkF89R5JILm-bMaAqmqEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds]this[/url] daily. IF the index cards fit, you could pop a few out and work from there. Just a thought. Plus it would keep card edges from getting messed up
Just bought it and I think it is just great!
I hope Marc will ship soon. Canít wait
Looking forward to INSIDER shipping! To see the details of how (and how well) this works before making the decision to buy, is a very refreshing experience. I wasn't too familiar with Marc Oberon prior to this release, and am now very interested in his other work.
I am huge fan of Marc Oberon, his way of thinking and his excellent products ( I own and use many of them ). Being a peek devices addict, picking up Insider was a no brainer for me. I Look forward to playing with it and hopefully taking it out to gigs again rather sooner than laters.
I agree with stunninger above. I have bought this on the basis of seeing the gimmick on Luke Dancyís session.I like the honesty. It reminds of Propdog in England and how open they are with their products.
I met Marc at FISM in Beijing many moons ago and he made us Brits proud, as his performance was amazing, but what a lovely fellow too.
Looking forward to playing with this until us magi are unleashed again onto the public, and we can use this at gigs.
Glad we could help!

[quote]On Mar 27, 2021, Khuluma wrote:
I agree with stunninger above. I have bought this on the basis of seeing the gimmick on Luke Dancyís session.I like the honesty. It reminds of Propdog in England and how open they are with their products.
I met Marc at FISM in Beijing many moons ago and he made us Brits proud, as his performance was amazing, but what a lovely fellow too.
Looking forward to playing with this until us magi are unleashed again onto the public, and we can use this at gigs. [/quote]
The moment I seen how this works I made my preorder purchase. Excited.
Preordered INSIDER last week. I've been looking for an alternative to my peek wallet, and this seems perfect. I really appreciated Luke's conversation with Marc. Thanks to both of you!
Luke, Marc, or anyone: do you know when "refills" will be available?
Hey guys.

I sat down with Marc and did a mini interview. He talks about the effect and why itís better than anything else on the market.

I then review the product. I talk about the pros and cons. I also perform two routines with it AND share an idea that you can use it for that is totally different than any other peek device you have ever seen.

If you own the insider you will want to see my handling. And if you are unsure then hopefully my honest review will help you decide.

Hereís the link. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/nGw1QzoVTy8
I perform a few of Marcís creations. Heís a brilliant thinker but in addition to that he is such a warm and likable person that he would no doubt be a successful entertainer if all his repertoire consisted of was the French drop and pulling coins from behind peopleís ears.

Add phenomenal magic to go along with his charm and humor and itís no wonder heís been a highly sought after performer for years.

Already pre-ordered this. Couldnít resist the temptation of such a clever and extremely useful tool. If you want to obtain several pieces of information rather than just one then Insider is what you need.

But PSó-itís great for getting just one too!
[quote]On Mar 28, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Hey guys.

I sat down with Marc and did a mini interview. He talks about the effect and why itís better than anything else on the market.

I then review the product. I talk about the pros and cons. I also perform two routines with it AND share an idea that you can use it for that is totally different than any other peek device you have ever seen.

If you own the insider you will want to see my handling. And if you are unsure then hopefully my honest review will help you decide.

Hereís the link. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/nGw1QzoVTy8 [/quote]

Great interview! Love the long form style that goes a little deep into the specific reasons why Marc challenged himself to create INSIDER, and the problems he was striving to solve. Love your honest review, too!
Fantastic interview and very helpful review. And your handling is great. Thank you, Craig. I am very glad I purchased this. I hope it ships today!
[quote]On Mar 29, 2021, Marc Edgar wrote:
Fantastic interview and very helpful review. And your handling is great. Thank you, Craig. I am very glad I purchased this. I hope it ships today! [/quote]

Mine shipped first thing this morning so likely that all pre-orders went out too.
Yup...I believe Alaķazam shipped today..
Like others here, I purchased this after seeing the method in Luke's interview of Marc. I mention this to encourage other creators to do the same.
[quote]On Mar 29, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Like others here, I purchased this after seeing the method in Luke's interview of Marc. I mention this to encourage other creators to do the same. [/quote]

I completely agree rosario.
I have long said that as long as the videos can be kept away from viewing by the general public and the item cannot be easily or inexpensively made by users, then show us what we are getting and you will very often greatly increase your sales.

There have been many items that I put off buying for quite a long time, but when I finally did purchase it and saw how cleverly and beautifully made it was it made me wish I had bought it much sooner. This has also been the case many times where I finally see an item first hand that belongs to a friend, but which is now no longer available and I wish Iíd known how cool it was and I would have definitely bought it immediately.

Marc Oberon is a smart guy and knows that many of his items are extremely clever and not easily replicated so he has enough sense to ignore commonly held beliefs and show people exactly what they are getting. Iím sure his sales improved because of it.
[quote]On Mar 29, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Like others here, I purchased this after seeing the method in Luke's interview of Marc. I mention this to encourage other creators to do the same. [/quote]

Yep!!!!
Agree!
I wasn't going to order. Not that I thought it was bad or anything. I just didn't feel as if I needed yet another peek device.
But this!!!!!!!!!! Is Freaking AWESOME!!!

Bought it. This is too freaking cool!!!!!
And will be very much in my pocket always!!!!!!

Agree with you 100%

Mike
Just received my shipping notice from Penguin! Can't wait!
Yes looks great but I think personally underlooked is better by Arthur . No refills , no gimmicks no noise issues and fully examinable too . Donít get me this wrong this is genius but that doesnít make it better , just some people prefer gadgets imho (me too at times) . It doesnít mean I wonít buy it as I buy everything good and this is so so good and another great option Gaz 😊 ps to Bill I have never had a problem with anyone ever telling me the method before purchasing an effect if I ask . Sometimes rarely I donít ask or know the method because I like the surprise and as money isnít an issue for me at all the magic drawer really doesnít bother me . However I always find out the method if I want to as serious purchasers like us over the last 40 years always get told as we will pretty much will always buy it anyway and are not time wasters so we get told 😊
I appreciate the transparency that Luke and Marc have shown. Hope that type of marketing catches fire and becomes a common practice. I also received an email that states my purchase is on its way. Super stoked about this and itís not even technology.
Just for the record I am 100% buying this but Freddie Wilkinson and then Luca Volpe for Marcís other effect being announced by Luke Dancy like Luke hadnít even heard of them . That really made me chuckle and also the fact that Colin canít even spell Marc (see the title of this thread) , you would expect things like that not to happen imho on an effect of this magnitude Gaz 😂😂 ps brilliant transparent interview from Marc I agree just like on Richard Pinners new effect , this will create quite rightly more deserved sales 😊
Received mine today and it is awesome! Looks so innocent, well made and for me just makes sense. Lots of props often look a bit suspicious, this doesnít, itís a stack of index cards. So happy I purchased this. Thinking of getting a spare.
Message: Posted by: UnbiasedMagicReviews (Mar 29, 2021 06:24PM)
I left a comment on the video remarking how horrible Outstanding looked. The 'Way Out' gimmick looks bad on video and even worse in real life. I know because I own that gimmick. It's funny how fast Murphy's magic removed my comment.
[quote]On Mar 30, 2021, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
I left a comment on the video remarking how horrible Outstanding looked. The 'Way Out' gimmick looks bad on video and even worse in real life. I know because I own that gimmick. It's funny how fast Murphy's magic removed my comment. [/quote]

Well thatís wrong , but Penguin also do that too . Marc is easily one of the best magicians I have ever seen perform live he is a true master of this art but I agree that these folded paper gimmicks that when even a genius creator like Marc appears to be under pressure and looking for a step in the paper to open it correctly is a worry . Plus the envelope looked nothing like a normal envelope imho . This effect though in this thread looks brilliant so like I say Iím in Gaz 😊
[quote]On Mar 29, 2021, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:
I left a comment on the video remarking how horrible Outstanding looked. The 'Way Out' gimmick looks bad on video and even worse in real life. I know because I own that gimmick. It's funny how fast Murphy's magic removed my comment. [/quote]

I donít know Unbiased, youíre sounding kind of biased. 😃

I think Way Out looks good in real life and on video.
A few people said the same thing about the Incarnation cards but mine looked really good.
Marc makes them all himself so maybe I just keep getting lucky and getting one of the better ones.

But I agree with your basic complaint. They should leave all reviews up whether theyíre good or bad, and especially if theyíre bad.
The INSIDER launch was done in such a classy way. Thoroughly impressed. Mine shipped today as well, and very excited for it to arrive :)
I ordered directly from Marc Oberon and it seems that it hasnít been shipped yet. :pout:
[quote]On Mar 29, 2021, Marc Edgar wrote:
Just received my shipping notice from Penguin! Can't wait! [/quote]

I'm still waiting for word from Penguin, but glad to hear that they are now shipping.
Message: Posted by: UnbiasedMagicReviews (Mar 29, 2021 10:16PM)
[quote]On Mar 29, 2021, videoman wrote:
[quote]On Mar 29, 2021, UnbiasedMagicReviews wrote:

I donít know Unbiased, youíre sounding kind of biased. 😃

I think Way Out looks good in real life and on video.
A few people said the same thing about the Incarnation cards but mine looked really good.
Marc makes them all himself so maybe I just keep getting lucky and getting one of the better ones.

But I agree with your basic complaint. They should leave all reviews up whether theyíre good or bad, and especially if theyíre bad. [/quote]

I actually like Marc Oberon's effects in general. For years my favorite named card in wallet effect was his Bang On. That was his best product ever.

Way Out unfortunately does not look good. Not up close or on camera. I've tried it both ways.
It gets my recommendation as well, very simple, very well hidden and easy to execute. Does exactly what it promises.

If you want to go with large Index cards Insider is a great method.
If you want to go with business cards - then Underlooked by Arthur gives you exactly the same benefits.

Both effects gives you exactly the same possibilities and stealth - although the method is different.

BTW - thanks for sharing the Insider method via Luke Dancy. Great and honest way to promote a product.
What do owners think about durability of the ďhingesĒ?
Anyone else ordered on oberon magic and hasnít received a shipping confirmation yet?
[quote]On Mar 30, 2021, dvno wrote:
Anyone else ordered on oberon magic and hasnít received a shipping confirmation yet? [/quote]
Me to!
I put an order a week ago, last wednesday, the 24th, and have not heard anything.
(I got an order confirmation, though.)

I think he's got the coivid vaccination.
Hope you are well Marc, and did not got any complications! :hmm:
Hi all,

I hope youíre all well.

Insider was a pre-release and I can confirm on Marcís behalf that all orders have been shipped on time.
If youíre in the UK they will arrive anytime soon.

Anybody outside of the UK should expect delivery next week, most likely towards the middle or the end of the week.

Also, great news, refills are now available at : https://oberonmagic.shop

If anybody would like to chat with Marc regarding the insider feel free to email him marcoberon1@googlemail.com

Best wishes,

Joel
Thanks so much, Joel. Do you know if the major USA dealers (Penguin, Vanishing Inc., etc.) will be carrying the refills?

INSIDER is supposed to arrive on Saturday. Can't wait!
[quote]On Mar 29, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Just for the record I am 100% buying this but Freddie Wilkinson and then Luca Volpe for Marcís other effect being announced by Luke Dancy like Luke hadnít even heard of them . That really made me chuckle and also the fact that Colin canít even spell Marc (see the title of this thread) , you would expect things like that not to happen imho on an effect of this magnitude Gaz 😂😂 ps brilliant transparent interview from Marc I agree just like on Richard Pinners new effect , this will create quite rightly more deserved sales 😊 [/quote]

I thought Luke mentioned that Luca and Marc were friends.
And I doubt Colin had anything to do with creating this thread or the misspelling of Marc's name.
No he didnít Bill he only mentioned Freddie after Marc told him he knew him . Luke had never even heard of Freddie allegedly based on the interview . Watch it again , he then said with have a Luca from Derby . I recorded it Bill and just watched it again , regards Gaz 😊
Also Colin didnít write this either Bill , McLeod ďF#!$ this battery powered B%ď . So I am pretty sure he would of known too that the thread was misspelled , that made up quote by someone was very quickly and quite rightly removed Gaz 😊
[quote]On Mar 30, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Also Colin didnít write this either Bill , McLeod ďF#!$ this battery powered B%ď . So I am pretty sure he would of known too that the thread was misspelled , that made up quote by someone was very quickly and quite rightly removed Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you are saying here Gaz. Colin had nothing to do with the misspelling.
But ultimately I donít care one way or another. Itís a non-issue to me. Iím not going to go back and watch the whole video.

Have to admit that I have never heard of Freddie Wilkinson either. Maybe itís a UK thing.
What about Luca Volpe is that a UK thing too Bill ? Gaz 😊
[quote]On Mar 30, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
What about Luca Volpe is that a UK thing too Bill ? Gaz 😊 [/quote]

I believe Luca is Italian. 😃

But TBH, Iíve only heard of Luca through his marketed items here on the Cafť. If Freddie has marketed anything it hasnít made it onto my radar.
To be fair these arenít exactly household names, at least outside of their home countries, so if Luke wasnít aware of them I donít find that to be a big deal. If you do then thatís fine. I can understand why it would give you a chuckle.

The bit about Colin misspelling Marc's name still makes no sense but so be it.

I hate to derail this thread. This great effect deserves the attention.
No what is funny Bill is that when Luke apparently picks 2 random guys online and they are well known by lots , one by Marc ie Freddie who is pretty much Marcs best mate and the next one is Luca Volpe who doesnít even name Derby as his word ( he actually lives there , and says
that ) itís funny trust me Gaz 😊
WTAF is everyone talking about? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Anyway
Back to whatís far more important.

Will refills be available in the US?

Canít wait to get this!!!

Thx

Mike.
Hi Mike,

I can confirm refills will be available in the US in the next couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Joel
[quote]On Mar 30, 2021, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi Mike,

Best wishes,

Joel [/quote]

Sweet!!!!!! Thank you for the quick reply!

So many ideas in my head for this!!!
Hi Mike,

Best wishes,

Joel [/quote]

Thanks so much, Joel! I think I'll hold off until these are available in the US.
Hi Mike,

Best wishes,

Joel [/quote]

Great news! Thank you for letting us know :)

I received mine today. I like it. However, the gimmick I received seems to be made with some minor cosmetic issues. It doesnít really take away how cool it is. But being someone that notices these little things, it kind of bothers me a little. I already performed it with success though. I just donít feel like this will last me as long as I was hoping based on one of the cosmetic issues. Unless these were designed to have these specific cosmetic differences, Iíll list the two that stick out the most to me with the gimmick I received.

1. The gimmick does not line up like the rest of the cards provided. As if the cards used were glued and cut a bit shorter than the card stock that came with the gimmick. Think Sev. Deck.

2. This goes with the first one. In one of the seems/henges, the top layer of card has this overlap which creates this crimp effect in the gimmick causing it to not sit flush. Even with rubber-band. Well unless I manually force it. If someone were burning your hands, it may get noticed. Think long/short card.

Ok now for the good news. I really like this. Very clever and methodical. I can see how well this will play out during performances and yes, for some it will replace tech peeks. At least some of them IMO. If I had any complaints outside of the cosmetic issues I mentioned, it would be the depth of the gimmick. And thatís really not a complaint. More of a preference.

So on my initial reaction, Iím slightly disappointed with the cosmetic issues (unless these were intentional) but Iím excited to have this in hand and know that itís something that will get used. A ton of people who bought this will have a blast with this.
[quote]On Mar 31, 2021, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
I received mine today. I like it. However, the gimmick I received seems to be made with some minor cosmetic issues. It doesnít really take away how cool it is. But being someone that notices these little things, it kind of bothers me a little. I already performed it with success though. I just donít feel like this will last me as long as I was hoping based on one of the cosmetic issues. Unless these were designed to have these specific cosmetic differences, Iíll list the two that stick out the most to me with the gimmick I received.

1. The gimmick does not line up like the rest of the cards provided. As if the cards used were glued and cut a bit shorter than the card stock that came with the gimmick. Think Sev. Deck.

2. This goes with the first one. In one of the seems/henges, the top layer of card has this overlap which creates this crimp effect in the gimmick causing it to not sit flush. Even with rubber-band. Well unless I manually force it. If someone were burning your hands, it may get noticed. Think long/short card.

Ok now for the good news. I really like this. Very clever and methodical. I can see how well this will play out during performances and yes, for some it will replace tech peeks. At least some of them IMO. If I had any complaints outside of the cosmetic issues I mentioned, it would be the depth of the gimmick. And thatís really not a complaint. More of a preference.

So on my initial reaction, Iím slightly disappointed with the cosmetic issues (unless these were intentional) but Iím excited to have this in hand and know that itís something that will get used. A ton of people who bought this will have a blast with this. [/quote]

Thanks so much for this review. I have to say: this is disappointing to hear, especially considering the price of the product. Obviously, I'm very curious to know if this is a flaw in the design, or if you just have a defective gimmick. From what you say above, it seems as though the issue is more than cosmetic. Does it also affect the handling?

Mine arrives on Saturday. I'll post my thoughts over the weekend or early next week.

Thanks again.
Also, Craig Petty gave INSIDER a score of 100%, and his reviews are always honest. The more I think about it, the more I suspect that you may have a defective gimmick. But perhaps this is just wishful thinking. As I said, I'll weigh in as soon as I can.

So on my initial reaction, Iím slightly disappointed with the cosmetic issues (unless these were intentional) but Iím excited to have this in hand and know that itís something that will get used. A ton of people who bought this will have a blast with this. [/quote]

Could this be a "front jeans pocket" thing? Or too bulky in your opinion?
Definitely too bulky for a front pocket IMO. Unless you have big pockets like slacks or something close to that which will allow you to have loos items. Iím not confident in jeans though..

As for the gimmick itself and after further inspection Iím under the impression that itís definitely a defective gimmick I received. Iíll be returning mine for a replacement. The effect is absolutely worth it. I just unfortunately believe I received a bad unit. My review was intended to be positive and informative on my experience. I also agree with Craig. This is a must have.
Lonnie, yours definitely sounds defective. Obviously it bothers you so why would it be intentional? Canít imagine why things not lining up would be done intentionally.

Marc said he was making 400 of these. Itís hard to crank out 400 of anything by hand and have each one be perfect, I donít care how much of a perfectionist you are.
And I guarantee you that Murphyís didnít tell him to not rush and to take all the time he needs.

What do you mean when you say depth of the gimmick?
If youíre referring to the thickness then canít you cut out additional cards to add to it?
[quote]On Mar 31, 2021, videoman wrote:
Lonnie, yours definitely sounds defective. Obviously it bothers you so why would it be intentional? Canít imagine why things not lining up would be done intentionally.

Marc said he was making 400 of these. Itís hard to crank out 400 of anything by hand and have each one be perfect, I donít care how much of a perfectionist you are.
And I guarantee you that Murphyís didnít tell him to not rush and to take all the time he needs.

What do you mean when you say depth of the gimmick?
If youíre referring to the thickness then canít you cut out additional cards to add to it? [/quote]

Well we can agree that the gimmick I got is defective and that it bothered me.
But As for my comment on possibly being intentional, I guess I need to elaborate a little better. What I meant by intentional was ďas part of the design of the gimmick ď to maybe match the cards below when not aligned. ( no rubberband ) So if that area of the gimmick was intentionally designed like that, it would make sense. We are talking big ďifĒ now.

Plus,
I would also know how hard and time consuming it is to make 400 copyís of any gimmick. As Iíve shipped close to that amount to Saturn of a different gimmick I made.
So I definitely did not assume he was rushed by anyone. As Iíve said multiple times. I like this. A lot. I plan on using it. A lot.
Sorry. I forgot to answer the depth question. Yes. I guess I could cut and add more.
Hi,

The gimmick being smaller than the stack is an essential part of the design.

When Marc initially made the prototype with the gimmick flush to the stack the problem was that it buckled up two or three millimetres.
This was solved by making the gimmick shorter.

They are all like this and each has been tested by Marc personally.

Also regarding wether this will fit in jeans pockets.
The gimmick is just 4 millimetres thick so you can carry a stack with 10 cards and the whole thing is just 8 mm thick.
Perfectly comfortable even in tight fitting jeans.

Please address any concerns to Marc directly.

marcoberon1@googlemail.com

Best wishes,

Joel

Definitely too bulky for a front pocket IMO. Unless you have big pockets like slacks or something close to that which will allow you to have loos items. Iím not confident in jeans though..

As for the gimmick itself and after further inspection Iím under the impression that itís definitely a defective gimmick I received. Iíll be returning mine for a replacement. The effect is absolutely worth it. I just unfortunately believe I received a bad unit. My review was intended to be positive and informative on my experience. I also agree with Craig. This is a must have. [/quote]
Eh Joel, thanks for the clear up on the design of the gimmick. Would you recommend gluing additional pieces of card stock to the plastic gimmick to deepen the peek pocket?
So clean, so neat!
My concern too is how long it may last with tearing...
Insider prototypes have been in the possession of mentalist friends of Marcís for testing .

In the last year several problems were identified and solved.
Tearing was never a problem.

Best wishes,

Joel
Chances are that the glue will give before it tears.
Received mine and I would call it absolute perfection.
My hands are probably too small to do the one handed method but I had anticipated that anyway. Not like itís the first time Iíve run into that.

So was the final verdict with your set Lonnie that they are perfectly normal?

Now Iím confused because when you said the gimmick didnít line up I thought you were talking about the printed lines you can see on the sides of the cards and gimmick. That those didnít match up. But I guess you were referring to the difference in width. Iím pretty much a perfectionist and I never would have noticed that if you hadnít commented on it. I have zero worries of anyone noticing or caring about that. AFA your second issue, Iím not sure what you are referring to there either. Mine do seem perfectly joined with no overlap, no crimp.

Itís a fabulous prop. I think Marc hit a home run with this one and Iím so glad he shared it with the rest of us.

Iím not worried about refills. For me, that is a lifetime supply of cards included. Probably two lifetimes. Somebody mentioned waiting to order this until refills are available (which they now are BTW) but who performs a piece like this 30 times a week? (well, other than Gumbini I guess 😃.)

Kudos to Marc Oberon for creating and manufacturing these.

[quote]On Apr 1, 2021, videoman wrote:
Received mine and I would call it absolute perfection.
My hands are probably too small to do the one handed method but I had anticipated that anyway. Not like itís the first time Iíve run into that.

So was the final verdict with your set Lonnie that they are perfectly normal?

Now Iím confused because when you said the gimmick didnít line up I thought you were talking about the printed lines you can see on the sides of the cards and gimmick. That those didnít match up. But I guess you were referring to the difference in width. Iím pretty much a perfectionist and I never would have noticed that if you hadnít commented on it. I have zero worries of anyone noticing or caring about that. AFA your second issue, Iím not sure what you are referring to there either. Mine do seem perfectly joined with no overlap, no crimp.

Itís a fabulous prop. I think Marc hit a home run with this one and Iím so glad he shared it with the rest of us.

Iím not worried about refills. For me, that is a lifetime supply of cards included. Probably two lifetimes. Somebody mentioned waiting to order this until refills are available (which they now are BTW) but who performs a piece like this 30 times a week? (well, other than Gumbini I guess 😃.)

Kudos to Marc Oberon for creating and manufacturing these.

So on my initial reaction, Iím slightly disappointed with the cosmetic issues (unless these were intentional) but Iím excited to have this in hand and know that itís something that will get used. A ton of people who bought this will have a blast with this. [/quote] [/quote]

Hey, this is great news. I already knew that you were not going to be disappointed when you received yours. Iíll try and send you a couple of images of what I have going on. I definitely have a defective one after speaking with a penguin rep.
Congrats on getting yours as itís suppose to be. Like you, I think Mark absolutely knocked this one out of the park and I would recommend this to anyone.
I ordered two, and they both arrived today. They are perfect! Definitely one of the coolest peek devices Iíve ever seen. Looks completely normal and innocent on both sides, as it should.

Well done, Marc!

Been playing with this for a few hours. Am I the only one who cannot get the hinge to properly 'pivot' one handed? Pushing with the thumb doesn't work unless I grip the two ends with my thumb and four finger respectably, and start the 'hinging' - otherwise, my thumb is just pushing against the hinge. Any tips would be appreciated.
Hi,

Two things to try.
First loosen the tightness of each hinge by gently pulling apart the panels a couple of millimetres at a time.
Do this with both hinges in 5 or 6 equidistant points along the line.

Secondly email Marc marcoberon1@googlemail.com

Best wishes,

Joel

[quote]On Apr 1, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Been playing with this for a few hours. Am I the only one who cannot get the hinge to properly 'pivot' one handed? Pushing with the thumb doesn't work unless I grip the two ends with my thumb and four finger respectably, and start the 'hinging' - otherwise, my thumb is just pushing against the hinge. Any tips would be appreciated. [/quote]
I reached out to Mark and heís a stand up guy. At this time Heís got my vote for possibly TOTY with this one. Still a lot of year left.
Insider arrived just an hour ago, but I can already tell that it is absolutely brilliant! So clever! I already feel relatively comfortable with the gimmick. I'm looking forward to digging into the tutorial/masterclass over the weekend. I use my peek wallets and impression pads quite a bit; it's nice to have another option.

Congratulations, Marc, on a phenomenal release!
Also, I think Phill Smith's HUMINT is a perfect routine to use with Insider: https://miscellaneousmiracles.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/humint.
[quote]On Apr 2, 2021, Marc Edgar wrote:
Also, I think Phill Smith's HUMINT is a perfect routine to use with Insider: https://miscellaneousmiracles.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/humint. [/quote]

I love Phill's routine. And the coin is beautiful. Hmm... Running out of excuses to get this.
[quote]On Apr 2, 2021, Nathan Alexander wrote:
[quote]On Apr 2, 2021, Marc Edgar wrote:
Also, I think Phill Smith's HUMINT is a perfect routine to use with Insider: https://miscellaneousmiracles.co.uk/collections/frontpage/products/humint. [/quote]

I love Phill's routine. And the coin is beautiful. Hmm... Running out of excuses to get this. [/quote]

It might be time to take the plunge! :)
I do not need another peek method or device but after all these excellent comments my resistance is beginning to get worn down.

A bit like wallets, maybe just one more won't hurt.

Neil
Quite interested in this, but can anyone explain why one would need refills of index cards, which are the most common item to find anywhere on Earth. Are the cards supplied made of special paper? And if so, why? Or if not then why wouldn't standard index cards be fine to make refills?
Well at least you lasted longer than me Neil!!
[quote]On Apr 3, 2021, westo wrote:
Well at least you lasted longer than me Neil!! [/quote]

Iím on the brink. Perhaps I will regard this as my Easter Egg. Will be less fattening too :-)
[quote]On Apr 3, 2021, johndamen wrote:
Quite interested in this, but can anyone explain why one would need refills of index cards, which are the most common item to find anywhere on Earth. Are the cards supplied made of special paper? And if so, why? Or if not then why wouldn't standard index cards be fine to make refills? [/quote]
The index cards are of a specific size. Commonly found index cards would have to be cut down individually and the lines would be different than the lines on the cards that come with insider.
[quote]On Apr 3, 2021, NeilS wrote:
[quote]On Apr 3, 2021, westo wrote:
Well at least you lasted longer than me Neil!! [/quote]

Iím on the brink. Perhaps I will regard this as my Easter Egg. Will be less fattening too :-) [/quote]

Neil, I certainly didnít need another peek method or device either, but Iím really glad I bought INSIDER. Itís one of the cleverest, cleanest peek devices Iíve ever seen. Nothing looks out of the ordinary, and the re-peeking capability is so useful.

Of course I could be wrong, but I suspect youíll love it!

I received mine yesterday and I absolutely love it! In fact, I already ordered a second. It works as good as advertised and as I said in my previous post, it's ideal for routines when you need to obtain multiple pieces of information. To date, almost all marketed peek utility devices focused on obtaining a single piece of information done with a quick peek. Here you can go back as needed (naturally) while taking your time until you get all of the written information. Looch's Blink is probably the closest to this, but it was predominantly limited to a single piece of info (name, word, number etc.). I'm going go out on a limb by saying this will win 'Trick of the Year' for 2021...It's a true breakthrough utility item!
Do you really have to use the index cards as itís a chore keep buying refills whatever their price ? Do you think the stripes are deliberately made unconventional to get further sales on refills ? Or is simply due to the design that it couldnít possibly be made using a more standard line gap size . Best wishes Gaz 😊
I think any half decent printer could scan and print these easily....so I don't see that problem.
Gaz,

The index card design is an integral part of the method and also allows for a wider space, which subtlety encourages the spectator to print larger which will give us an easier peek. If traditional index cards were used then this wouldn't work nearly as well. Marc made the correct choice with his design even if it means having to spend little extra money to buy replacement consumables as needed. BTW- you could also make your own using blank cards and a ruler, but personally I'm just going to buy them provided they are priced fairly.
Thanks guys I thought it was probably more because of the design which does makes sense . Itís nice that you can buy refills and also if ever refills arenít available you can print on blanks . I presume the index cards are a standard size ? Gaz 😊
90mm x 60mm I believe....
Thank you Westo , Gaz 😊
[quote]On Apr 2, 2021, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi,

Two things to try.
First loosen the tightness of each hinge by gently pulling apart the panels a couple of millimetres at a time.
Do this with both hinges in 5 or 6 equidistant points along the line.

Secondly email Marc marcoberon1@googlemail.com

Best wishes,

Joel[/quote]

Thanks, Joel. I'll give the 'pulling thing' a try.
After an hour or two 'stretching' the hinges, it now works well. Thanks again, Joel!
Looks great. Without knowing exactly how it works it reminds me of Retina by Looch.
How solid are the hinges? Can they tear or break over time?
With 2 hours of stretching done and still ok they look like they will last a very long time Gaz 😊
Forgive my ignorance as I do not have this yet - I will do soon! - but how do you carry the cards around? Do they come in, say, a clear plastic box, would a suitable sized card holder be ok or just carried banded up in a pocket? If the latter there is the risk they could get marked and dirty?

Just wondered and this could well be addressed in the instructions.

Thanks

Neil
Hi Neil....if you have something that can hold 90mm x 60mm cards you could use that if nothing comes with it.
I see they're using a loose elastic band to make it seem more impossible to peek..so I'd imagine they'll be no carrying box.
[quote]On Apr 5, 2021, NeilS wrote:
Forgive my ignorance as I do not have this yet - I will do soon! - but how do you carry the cards around? Do they come in, say, a clear plastic box, would a suitable sized card holder be ok or just carried banded up in a pocket? If the latter there is the risk they could get marked and dirty?

Just wondered and this could well be addressed in the instructions.

Thanks

Neil [/quote]

Hi Neil,
Personally, I don't feel that the Insider as an 'everyday carry' device. To me, it will be best utilized for parlor/stage shows and/or informal performing situations at home or a friend's house etc. Remember that what makes this device unique is that you can gain access to multiple pieces of information. If I am out and about, it would seem more natural to be using a peek wallet such as Blink. Others may disagree, but this is how I plan on using mine.
[quote]On Apr 5, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
With 2 hours of stretching done and still ok they look like they will last a very long time Gaz 😊 [/quote]

Thank you Gaz!
Well itís basically poker card size approximately and I would want to use it for close up in the knowledge that the non restriction of where they write is a huge plus in itself.
I donít necessarily want loads of information just a completely unrestricted viewing area.
This seems to tick those boxes, but whenever someone mentions itís better for stage/ parlour it always has me worried of how convincing the gimmick looks close up and say left on the table right in front of spectators etc.
Hopefully that will look great too and Iím interested to see where you take the index card from in the first place ie is it on the bottom or top card of the gimmick or do you bring it in to play separately?
Is the shortened card that makes things work obvious if seen close up?
Hopefully someone will chime in as Marc is without doubt one of the best performers I have ever seen live at a convention but his peek with Luke didnít look the smoothest
(I know he was poorly).
The thing is him performing poorly is like me performing at my very very best so that was a slight concern when watching that.
I love the idea of it though, seems a genius method and not one I have seen the likes of before. Good magic to all Gaz 😊 ps I am trying to better punctuate my posts etc after recent criticism which was highly deserved
My gimmick looks imperceptible close up. No one would ever suspect it is anything more than simply a stack of cards.

You could take the card they use from the top, bottom or middle.
Iím kind of fond of of very nonchalantly offering them a selection from the middle while spreading the cards a bit held out in the classic pick a card formation, and then having them replace it ďback into the middleĒ.
Thanks for the info Bill, it sounds brilliant if you can handle it that close up and freely Gaz 😊
Same here...my gimmick looks perfect. There's no way that a spectator would notice anything suspect...It genuinely looks like a stack of small index cards and can even be placed in the spectator's hands. The only reason I mentioned using mine mostly for stage/parlor work is because I have more natural-looking options for an 'everyday carry' peek device. Personally, I wouldn't walk around carrying a stack of index cards stuffed into my pocket while doing daily activities. But if I were working a strolling gig I wouldn't hesitate to use the Insider since I wear a jacket while performing.
[quote]On Apr 5, 2021, Jared wrote:
Same here...my gimmick looks perfect. There's no way that a spectator would notice anything suspect...It genuinely looks like a stack of small index cards and can even be placed in the spectator's hands. The only reason I mentioned using mine mostly for stage/parlor work is because I have more natural-looking options for an 'everyday carry' peek device. Personally, I wouldn't walk around carrying a stack of index cards stuffed into my pocket while doing daily activities. But if I were working a strolling gig I wouldn't hesitate to use the Insider since I wear a jacket while performing. [/quote]

Think this could be great for a Q&A type act.

Best

Steve
I agree with Jared on his reasoning about it being better suited for parlor or stage. And as already mentioned, a strong point of this is getting several pieces of information and being able to take multiple peeks. Perhaps writing numbers on the card and having 3 or more specs write down their info next to each number, thus involving several people.

As for an EDC, why carry a stack of index cards when you can use your wallet which you will be carrying anyway?
If done impromptu youíre typically going to be doing something fairly quick and not a full blown routine lasting several minutes.

Itís just a matter of using the right tool for the job, even if another tool could work.
Well stated, videoman. My edc is a SAW, and I can't see that ever being replaced for most situations absent the need for multiple peeks.
Thanks Jared for confirming, I was purely talking about from a close up gig stand point. Not just casual down the pub sort of stuff which I agree there are other options that offer other utilities like to carry your money or packet effects etc. I love the devious method of this though Gaz 😊
Gaz, you're going to love the Insider...It's REALLY good! Heck, I already ordered a second :)
[quote]On Apr 4, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
After an hour or two 'stretching' the hinges, it now works well. Thanks again, Joel! [/quote]

I had the same problem as you rosario, Iím glad you asked about it because that stretchy method really worked!
So glad to have pulled the trigger on this one ! I use a longer type of rubberband ( Joe Rindfleisch ) that I can pull around twice the package so I have more time to do what needs to be done.
I'm falling off the wagon hard.
Ordered.

And Looch has an updated version of Blink coming out in brown leather...

Lord help me I'm kinda hating you enablers at the moment :)
[quote]On Apr 7, 2021, 252life wrote:
I'm falling off the wagon hard.
Ordered.

And Looch has an updated version of Blink coming out in brown leather...

Lord help me I'm kinda hating you enablers at the moment :) [/quote]

My thoughts exactly - again aware about Blink 2 being released any day now.
Blink 2 might make for a good edc which can also allow for multiple peeks. It is a very nice improvement over the original.
Hopefully it will be available in black as well as brown.

Not sure it will beat out my Alias wallet though. The peek on that is so imperceptible and it immediately goes into the specs hands. But the price you pay for that is it is a very quick peek, can be hard to see in darkish environments, and is really best for drawing dupes.

Love Insider though. The more it gets broken in the more I love it.
The same effects can be done with business cards (good for close-up or strolling) - and without a gimmick. It looks the same to the spectator, and you just need to do a p**s. This product's gimmick is great I'm sure, but the audience doesn't know or care about the gimmick. I don't like being a downer on this, because magicians really like it - but I just don't see the need for a gimmick.
Iíve been playing with this for a few days now and really like it. As far as buying replacement index cards from Marc vs making your own...Iíd recommend just buying the refills.
This is something I will absolutely be using professionally. It wonít be any kind of an edc but I can see it becoming a go to device. It meets one of my biggest criteria thankfully, itís fun :) Iíve never been a big fan of Marcs releases so I was a little hesitant initially. But I am very pleased with this purchase and absolutely recommend it.
[quote]On Apr 10, 2021, dduane wrote:
The same effects can be done with business cards (good for close-up or strolling) - and without a gimmick. It looks the same to the spectator, and you just need to do a p**s. This product's gimmick is great I'm sure, but the audience doesn't know or care about the gimmick. I don't like being a downer on this, because magicians really like it - but I just don't see the need for a gimmick. [/quote]

One of the advantages of Insider is that you can peek the information again (or multiple times) with no moves / suspicious activity! - great if the handwriting isn't too good or there are multiples pieces of information on the card. It is ultra-clean.
Well. that sounds good! Also, it is better for parlor than mine, which is mostly for close-up.
Thanks.
[quote]On Apr 1, 2021, rosariorose9 wrote:
Been playing with this for a few hours. Am I the only one who cannot get the hinge to properly 'pivot' one handed? Pushing with the thumb doesn't work unless I grip the two ends with my thumb and four finger respectably, and start the 'hinging' - otherwise, my thumb is just pushing against the hinge. Any tips would be appreciated. [/quote]

I ran into this same issue. I could not activate the gimmick with my thumb pulling up one handed from the bottom middle of the card. I have large hands and spent over an hour trying to activate the gimmick one handed with my thumb pulling up from the middle of the gimmick card. So glad to hear with a bit of "stretching" it ended up working out for you-- I will try the same on mine. I can activate it with my thumb on the corner-- but not starting from the bottom middle as Marc does in the first minute of his tutorial. I'm sure I will figure it out and I'll try stretching my gimmick out a bit. Great device-- I just ordered a second actually!!!
[quote]On Apr 12, 2021, Drtriage wrote:

One of the advantages of Insider is that you can peek the information again (or multiple times) with no moves / suspicious activity! - great if the handwriting isn't too good or there are multiples pieces of information on the card. It is ultra-clean. [/quote]

You can do that with dduane's suggested handling as well. You can't show the bottom of the packet but they don't think the card is on the bottom anyway.
True but you have to keep turning the pack over where as with the insider it just appears to remain consistent in the spectators eyes, Gaz 😊
[quote]On Apr 14, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
True but you have to keep turning the pack over where as with the insider it just appears to remain consistent in the spectators eyes, Gaz 😊 [/quote]

You would hold the packet pretty much the same way as Insider. It's the same handling (apart minor differences in inserting the card), you just can't hold the packet with your palm upwards once the drawing is in peek position. You keep it to your side or towards yourself. Basically keeping the packet in "wrist kill" grip after wrapping it with the rubber band (which means you can peek whenever you want, as many times as you want without flipping anything over).

If you really wanted to, after wrapping the packet and pretending to capture their thoughts, if you needed more time to peek you could pull out the top card of the packet, place it on the face and write your impressions as you peek for as long as you want.

I'm not suggesting doing this gimmickless is better. I was just pointing out that dduane had a valid point that you could do basically the exact same thing without the gimmick and it would look virtually the same to laymen. The gimmick does make it look cleaner and you can "worry" a bit less about your handling.
Ok I thought Duane was saying insert a card face down into business cards, hold a break then do a half p.s. Then just pick up the stack and look at the bottom card. Or half p.s. it 2nd from bottom and remove your own card to write down their thought and then get the full peek. There are tons of alternative methods but this is a revolutionary new method from what I see and hear. You can just hollow out a quarter of a deck of blank cards and put 2 full cards on the bottom for cover and the remainder on top. Spread casually showing blanks, turnover take 1 card off the bottom and let the spectator write down anything they like (this reaffirms a blank deck). Return the card sliding into your gimmick and rubber band the deck turning it over to reinforce all blanks. Start to pretend to read their minds and just say I think I am getting something as you remove the single card with the band still on (appearing as an after thought ) get your full peek and put the deck in your pocket. Then write down what their word etc , I have made stuff and ideas like this up myself for years but the difference here itís a mechanical gimmick that saves all that fathing around apparently. We all know that from a spectators point of view they all achieve the same objective. The advantage of this is the new method and the various lines of information as index cards naturally makes sense for this. A friend of mine showed me his the other day and it looked great and he never had this stretching malarkey needed that others have had to endure. Best wishes Gaz 😊
Patrick we must have been writing at the same time looking at our last posts Gaz 😊
Ordered this direct from Marc and I am looking forward to this based on a lot of high recommendations Gaz 😊
Still waiting for mine to arrive. Since the UK isnít a part of the EU anymore the shipping is a little bit a pain in the a..
[quote]On Apr 6, 2021, leosx1 wrote:
So glad to have pulled the trigger on this one ! I use a longer type of rubberband ( Joe Rindfleisch ) that I can pull around twice the package so I have more time to do what needs to be done. [/quote]

Another post saying how great this is. Plenty of practice first alone, then in front of the mirror, helps enormously.

The idea of using a double-wrap band to increase the peek time sounds like a winner if there's more than one piece of info on the card, thanks!
The size of band makes no difference as you can open and close it with the band on anyway. If you insert the card as you turn the pad over you open the gimmick in that wrist kill action so you are looking and have got all the info before the rubber band has even touched the stack. It couldnít be any easier imo Gaz 😊
Just received my replacement gimmick and Iím super stoked about it. Looks way better and I have ď0Ē complaints. I ultimately ended up with more stock cards. Thatís a come up in my book. Which makes me a satisfied customer
Glad to hear you got it sorted to your satisfaction Lonnie.
Actually received mine today and itís brilliant and even exceeds the fantastic expectations I had. It works perfectly from the get go, itís beautifully made and also made to last.
Itís so diabolically clever in method and a breeze to use.
I ordered 2 refill packs but Marc kindly sent me 4 refill packs and I honestly couldnít be happier. I have stack loads of peeks but this is a method like no other, I 100% guarantee if you buy it you will use it and I couldnít possibly see anyone being disappointed. Itís really first class and I couldnít recommended it any higher I love it Gaz 😊
[quote]On Apr 17, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Actually received mine today and itís brilliant and even exceeds the fantastic expectations I had. It works perfectly from the get go, itís beautifully made and also made to last.
I ordered 2 refill packs but Marc kindly sent me 4 refill packs and I honestly couldnít be happier. I have stack loads of peeks but this is a method like no other, I 100% guarantee if you buy it you will use it and I couldnít possibly see anyone being disappointed. Itís really first class and I couldnít recommended it any higher I love it Gaz 😊 [/quote]

So if I am understanding you correctly Gaz, you like it then? :)
Just a tad Bill, how can you tell Gaz :bigdance:
Why do you hate it Gaz?!

Jk! I love it also especially since I donít own any type of p&&k devices already..cough.... Oy vey
Mine just arrived. Ingenious! What an amazing, elegant p**k solution.
[quote]On Apr 18, 2021, 252life wrote:
Why do you hate it Gaz?!

Jk! I love it also especially since I donít own any type of p&&k devices already..cough.... Oy vey [/quote]

I love it, Gaz 😊
[quote]On Apr 17, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I ordered 2 refill packs but Marc kindly sent me 4 refill packs and I honestly couldnít be happier. I have stack loads of peeks but this is a method like no other, I 100% guarantee if you buy it you will use it and I couldnít possibly see anyone being disappointed. Itís really first class and I couldnít recommended it any higher I love it Gaz 😊 [/quote]
Also ordered based on this, that's two in two days Gaz :D
Ben they are both excellent and give you great options. Enjoy my friend Gaz 😊
Just to re-iterate what everyone else has been saying now I've had a few days to play with it: this truly is superb. It's not often a method comes along that's both satisfyingly clever AND a real worker...but this is it. Marc has knocked it out of the park with this one. It just makes sense AND is 100% deceiving. I've tested on friends and family today, including my wife, who usually refuses to be fooled (to the point of ripping any 'props' out of my hand so she can figure everything out. She delights in trampling on my hopes and dreams ;) ). She didn't bother with this, because it seems so innocuous. What could be dodgy about a stack of boring index cards?

I've experimented with adding a few gimmicked index cards of my own to the top of the stack. I've found that way you can allow people to place their index card back in the stack pretty much wherever they want without necessarily handling it yourself (ensuring it's the right way up, of course). Also been thinking about Max Maven's Ghostwriter 2 whether this method could be applied to a stack of business cards too. Might have a play around with that tomoz...

Btw: Marc's customer service has also been ace. He's really helpful and quick to offer help and support should you need it. Couldn't be happier with this purchase. I will use it and LOTS! Money very well spent which sadly isn't always true.
I received mine today, it works wonderfully. I was very surprised at the size of it for some reason when I opened the box. Much smaller than I thought, but glad that it is--it fits in the hands perfectly.
Received mine last week and I absolutely love it. Very practical and very deceptive.

Mark :dancing:
Totally agree with the above and Mark Chandaue kindly shared me a wonderful handling he has come up with. Itís pure genius Gaz 😊
[quote]On May 8, 2021, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Received mine last week and I absolutely love it. Very practical and very deceptive.

Mark :dancing: [/quote]

Agree Mark! I just got mine yesterday and absolutely LOVE it! Definitely one of my most favorite peek methods. Not to mention probably one of the most organic and natural as well!
Whilst this is clearly a cleverly made gimmick, it would not be used by top mentalists such as myself.
Asking a spectator to write down their thoughts and then hand them back to you is very 1970s. You under estimate modern audiences if you think you're fooling them by doing this.
If I do ask them to write down their thoughts (mostly I don't), I leave it in their hands - I never touch it. Yes the techniques to achieve this are advanced but whoever said convincing mentalism was easy?
Yeah right Blaylock, funniest post I have heard for a long time Gaz 😂😂
Also, Marc Oberon is clearly not a top performing mentalist! :D
Glad you enjoyed it Gaz, but I fail to see what's so funny.
[quote]On Jul 6, 2021, Blaylock wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it Gaz, but I fail to see what's so funny. [/quote]

Well you are not much of a mentalist then thatís all I can say lol Gaz 😂😂 ps your audience of the modern era maybe you should ask them
@Gaz One doesn't need to be a mentalist to guess that an idiot would come up with that old line.
You're obviously not interested in a serious discussion so I will leave you to your audiences who I'm sure are enthralled by your razor sharp wit and Ali Bongo magic.

@GoldenEye - when I first saw this effect I wasn't sure exactly how it was done but it had to be a peek (why else have the thoughts written down) and it was obvious that the stack of cards were gimmicked in some way (it doesn't matter how cleverly).
It would be obvious to an intelligent layman too.
Therefore it is not convincing mentalism. I wouldn't touch it. Just my opinion. All the best. I am Blaylock.
4.0 on post likes to us and zero to you.
Reminds me of the England/ Ukraine game at the weekend, except I think we will be 5.0 and counting on this one lol Gaz 😂😂
@Gaz One doesn't need to be a mentalist to guess that an idiot would come up with that old line.
You're obviously not interested in a serious discussion so I will leave you to your audiences who I'm sure are enthralled by your razor sharp wit and Ali Bongo magic.

@GoldenEye - when I first saw this effect I wasn't sure exactly how it was done but it had to be a peek (why else have the thoughts written down) and it was obvious that the stack of cards were gimmicked in some way (it doesn't matter how cleverly).
It would be obvious to an intelligent layman too.
Therefore it is not convincing mentalism. I wouldn't touch it. Just my opinion. All the best. I am Blaylock. [/quote]

Hmmm I guess I'd say that Insider is not to be used in any type of performance. The only time I use it is when I am interacting with 3 or 4 spectators at the same time in a parlour type of environment. Which enables me to do a switch in the end and get them to retrieve their card themselves and keep it as a souvenir (I have only performed this about half a dozen times so far and I always try to have people that know each other, if from the same household or relatives even better - and I sign the card at the back in the end before letting them have it). Anyway my point is I wouldn't use it on a one on one situation, there are better methods imho.

The whole thing is to convince them that what you're using is totally normal and I hope I can achieve that with any method I use. But saying that "this wouldn't be used by top mentalist like [yourself]" is at best provogative and arrogant, and at worst provogative, arrogant and wrong (or the other way round ;) ). In any case I'm sure people here would love to know more about you and your performances since you're so good - that's what this forum you just joined is for, right? Maybe a link of you performing at FISM? Here is the link showing part of Marc's performance when he arrived first ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug-GKrhodgM
Whilst this is clearly a cleverly made gimmick, it would not be used by top mentalists such as myself.
[/quote]

So humble.....
More like delusional
New review this week on a wonderful peek device!

[youtube]j4u7iI8giO4[/youtube]
Merci Alex!
I understand the part about loving the gimmick so much but then again there seem to be other more simple ways to do a peek. But you can't get rid of the gimmick because it's a thing of beauty!