(Close Window)
Topic: White paint on "aged" bizarre props
Perhaps this has been discussed elsewhere - but am I the only one who completely hates the weird white spray-painted stuff that creators put on "aged" products?

So many really cool pieces look ridiculous because of it - Does anyone here know how I might remove it from my props?

A great example is my Inquisitor box. I love the thing. It looks really great - except for the completely useless white spray-painted stuff on it. This does not help with making it look old - it just makes it look fake - Anytime I have shown these props to someone they always point it out and say it looks like a cheap prop you would get at a Halloween store

If anyone knows a way I could remove it (sandpaper maybe?) - I would appreciate the help - I think without it, the props would like a million times better
Would be tough without sanding and refinishing. If itís the speckles that are like the ones on my Hobbs box, you may get some of the larger ones off with a razor blade. Iíve been tempted to sand mine down and then redo it but never got around to it.
Thanks for the tip - I might try the razorblade idea.
Use oven cleaner to take the paint off.