(Close Window)
Topic: Otis magic sun and moon
Hello all,

I just ordered the Otis magic sun and moon coin set. I had a nice Lassen set back in the day, unfortunately my upstairs neighbor must have thought it was his as I was working and I no longer have it... (or that apartment) Worcester MA gotta love it.

Anyway I love the effect and didnít want to wait for lassen months and months... so while on the waiting list.. I purchased the Otis magic set.

Does anyone have any reviews on the set... I know itís replica coins, not real silver. However I just worry about the fit and finish.

If anyone has any experience with the set please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Shawn
Otis? Otis is what lassen goes by...Iím confused... and anything replica will not feel sound and usually like the same as silver.
My mistake... itís made by Oliver Magic.

https://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/product_info.php?products_id=66984

The price is really cheap, Iím just going to play around with it while I wait on my custom work being made.

Shawn
Hi Shawn. Check out page 4 of this thread:-

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=296788&forum=202&start=60

Sean Goodman posted about this set and included some great visual magic. The beauty is that all three coins can nest in the shell which makes so many more things possible. Sounds like a great value set!!!!!

Check out a routine called 'samoya'.

BW

Steve
Thanks Steve I appreciate it...
The set is excellent value for money for sure. Just be aware that the copper shell does chip after use but hey ho, itís still good value!
Yes, I have it, and while it is likely not as rugged, I am very happy. Shell fit and finish is already very good, but adding foil to the shells (as I do with every maker but Lassen, haha) makes the fit perfect.

If you get their Hopping Half set, it is the same as the Sun Moon set but adds an additional copper and additional silver shell.

With Amazon, if you don't like it, returning it is an easy option.
Todd just died.
Had a heart attack on Saturday, passed on Sunday. RIP.