(Close Window)
Topic: Funny reply when someone wants to examine the cards
Please suggest a funny reply when someone wants to examine the gaffed cards after the trick. Thanks.
"hey look, a distraction"
No, they're trick cards.
Ok but I have got a rash so don’t blame me after...
Smile and say "of course, you can". Then put them in your pocket and do your next effect.
Sometimes you can plan ahead. For example, for Cheek to Cheek I took away the selected card aspect and just Faro shuffle face up and face down but I have 4 Aces with Red Backs in with a supposed blue deck, so after putting in the whammy I show all cards face down except the 4 aces, which turn out to have red backs. I take them out and pocket the deck (out of sight out of mind) and do Twisting the Aces. No one asks for the deck...if they do come out with a regular deck.
Nice ‘planning ahead’, Gregg! A good opener.
[quote]On Apr 23, 2021, the Sponge wrote:
No, they're trick cards. [/quote]

PERFECT!!!
The fun has already occurred. What's wrong with admitting they're trick cards, while putting them away.
What are they gonna do? Take back their reaction?
"!@#$ Off!" ?
[quote]On May 18, 2021, Nikodemus wrote:
"!@#$ Off!" ? [/quote]

Ah man, don't go there. . .
Here is what I do. I don't know why, it works every time. For example, today a pretty girl asked if she could see the cards. I said, "oh no, see, I can use your own cards, no problem. It's not the cards. I actually can read your mind w anything you can think of.. .. let me show you some other time."

It really helps that you can do a similar effect with regular cards and do something much more grand that you explain. they just accept it. All of magic is a fib, even a French drop. Somehow if you calmly do as above, or something similar, with conviction, as if you are EAGER to show them in the future , they just accept it. hehe. And I will do that in the future especially to this babe. hehe.