(Close Window)
Topic: Where's Cag?
Cag hasn't posted here since January 5th?

If you're out there Cag ... give us a sign!
Far as I can tell, he's still alive.

Hope he's out still out there and can pop in soon.

Jason
Maybe he finally went to a real Gambling Spot (instead of just talking about them) and got caught.

TheGamblingman007
Here he is:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/yerike
Cag not only gave me his permission to post who I think he is but he also insisted that I do so. That is who I think he is
Does he insist we all do so?

Jason
I do not know but he once said:

“Should we all just post on our Facebook pages instead?

(Personally, I dislike Facebook although it can have some minor benefits at times. However, keep in mind Facebook (and social media in general), psychologically impinges negatively upon society and most importantly on the younger generation...including addiction, social isolation, narcissism and depression. At least, that is according to many psychologists and the founders and hierarchy of Facebook itself. Plus, any contrary view can be squelched by being "disliked" or "uninvited" or some other such nonsense.)”
Did my comments get deleted? wtf......
Any update on this one...?
Far as I can tell, comments do get deleted.
[quote]On Jun 19, 2021, tommy wrote:
Far as I can tell, comments do get deleted. [/quote]

for no reason at all
I think there might have been a reason. However, without the latest edition of the Newspeak Dictionary, I do not have sufficient knowledge to verify it.
Anything come of this? Tommy? Bones?
[quote]On Jul 30, 2021, 5ggg wrote:
Anything come of this? Tommy? Bones? [/quote]
The most solid news is Jason's note above that the word on the street is that Cag is still out and about.

I hope Cag is doing OK and on a break (temporary or permanent) from the internet forum scene.
OK, thanks. Will ask him/check arnolds group etc
I know Cag's real name (and have for almost a decade). I've searched for obituaries here in Las Vegas/Boulder City under his real name and nothing comes up. It's possible he passed away and no obituary was written/published. When I wrote "As far as I can tell, he's still alive," I meant only that I could not find an obit or death notice online.

I certainly hope he's still around. He makes this place interesting for sure.

Jason
Thanks for clarifying Jason.
Folks often become medically incapacitated long before passing away?

Best to just consider Cag on a break from the internet perhaps!
Alas poor Yerike, Allan Ackerman, the top Las Vegas hustler, knew him well.
Unless I'm mistaken, Ken Yerike is not Cagliostro. And I don't think I'm mistaken. At least one person that occasionally posts on this board has met him in person and he stated that the picture I showed him certainly appeared to be Cag.

Jason
Thanks for the update Jason, I hope he is well
But then again, Mr. Yerike is Facebook friends with the likes of Sal Piacente, Jovica Blanusa, and Mickey Silver.

We might have a mystery.
I thought his identity was revealed here a looong time ago?? didn't he write a book??
Bush also had a habit of naming things Deborah after his wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCBEjfDkLXg
[quote]On Aug 7, 2021, iamslow wrote:
I thought his identity was revealed here a looong time ago?? didn't he write a book?? [/quote]

He wrote a book called [i]Blackjack Your Way to Riches[/i] and published it under the pseudonym Richard Canfield.

But Canfield isn't his real name and it was understood to be a pseudonym basically at the time it was published.

Jason
[quote]On Aug 8, 2021, JasonEngland wrote:
[quote]On Aug 7, 2021, iamslow wrote:
I thought his identity was revealed here a looong time ago?? didn't he write a book?? [/quote]

He wrote a book called [i]Blackjack Your Way to Riches[/i] and published it under the pseudonym Richard Canfield.

But Canfield isn't his real name and it was understood to be a pseudonym basically at the time it was published.

Jason [/quote]

I remember that part, but I could swear I read it here where his real name was mentioned?? first name starts with J?
:kermit:
[quote]On Aug 7, 2021, tommy wrote:
Bush also had a habit of naming things Deborah after his wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCBEjfDkLXg [/quote]

His wifes name isn't deborah though :kermit: :snail:
Try telling Amazon that:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackjack-Your-Riches-Deborah-Felder/dp/0818404981
Pretty sure Mr. Yerike's wife's name is Deborah.
[quote]On Aug 9, 2021, iamslow wrote:
I remember that part, but I could swear I read it here where his real name was mentioned?? first name starts with J?
[/quote]

Here in the Gambling Spot, over a decade ago, there was a poster who referenced Cag directly as "John" (implying that he knew him previously).
Or middle name. Nudge, nudge. :)

Do you remember the very perceptive Yellow Kid?
Ken Yerike is not Cag, but Cag's real name actually is Kenneth. That's merely a coincidence - I have no idea why Tommy thinks Yerike is Cag. The real Cag is a decade older than Yerike. His picture appeared in the Griffin books, which I have access to. I showed the picture to the only person I know that's met him in person recently (within the past decade) and he said (I'm paraphrasing), "Yes, that looks like him."

Keep in mind, that person was CONFIRMING what I already knew via other means.

Tommy, give it up. It ain't Yerike.

Jason
[quote]On Aug 9, 2021, Mr. Bones wrote:
[/quote]

Here in the Gambling Spot, over a decade ago, there was a poster who referenced Cag directly as "John" (implying that he knew him previously). [/quote]

Was that the guy that had supposedly bought something from Cag and wasn't happy with the purchase? If that's the case, then that guy is the reason I know Cag's real name. I cross-referenced that name with a guy that had ordered the Steve Forte GPS series. The address came back to a guy who's in the Griffin books, was the right age, and worked as a craps floorman back in the 1970s (all things Cag has claimed).

I started thinking, this might be the guy...

When I showed his picture to the guy that's met him, he said (I'm paraphrasing) "Yes, that's him."

Jason

PS: Basically I think Cag used a friend/relative to buy the GPS series so that he wouldn't have to give me his real name/address. I never would've put it together unless that other Café poster hadn't had a problem with Cag and mentioned the name he was dealing with him under.
[quote]On Oct 3, 2012, yellowkid wrote:
Lol, your wasting your time talking to goofballs tommy
Caglistro has NEVER hustled in his life, all his posts give him away as a complete fake
in fact he prolly spent most of his life putting hustlrs in the bin
he got the lames in thi s forum hooked pretty fast though, lol! [/quote]

Did you know that Ken Yerike was a gaming investigator for the Griffin detective agency?
And who is Cag..? I read posts on here and I saw his name a lot but still don't get who he is lol.... is he a one of the true masters that I've never heard?
I mean, you've got his name on this board, you can read all the things he posted here, what are you asking us to do for you exactly? For all your interest I'd hope you can actually work up the motivation to just go through his posting history and read what he wrote.
I did and just not sure he is a magician or just enthusiast or etc. Just one thing I know is he is probably not a professional card chaet
"When I was a very young man (in the early 60s)" -Cag

"I probably should not tip this but I used the pad roll very profitably as a youngster in the very late 60s when I was in the Marine Corps." -Cag

"I went into the Marine Corps shortly thereafter so as not to be drafted in the Army, and while stationed at the Marine Corps Air Station, El Toro at Santa Ana, CA, I used to travel to Gardena and sneak into the card rooms there (I was not 21 yet)." -Cag

"After being discharged from the Marine Corps at 21 years of age, I moved to Las Vegas and got involved with gambling." -Cag

Etcetera

For the hard of thinking, Cag was born circa 1947.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX41eJgH1cI&t=104s
I just confirmed by calling the phone number associated with the name for Cag that I had. The lady that answered the phone confirmed that he passed away about 5 months ago. She wouldn't tell me anything about him other than "He knew a lot about gambling and magic."

RIP "Cagliostro."

Jason
We surely had big fights together but we respected each other and this place would never have been the way it was without him.

It was a lot of fun anyway.

RIP old man.

AMcD
Thanks for letting us know Jason.
Like Arnold, I had more than a few confrontational back and forths with Cag, but they were always informative, and I always appreciated the fact that Cag really did know of what he spoke.
He had a unique style to be sure, but deep down, the fact that he never left the Café, and always returned to this particular forum speaks volumes as to just how much he enjoyed his exchanges with folks here.

Tony45, Doc Jon, Cagliostro ... RIP old friends.
RIP Cag
Sorry to hear this news. RIP Cag.
RIP Cag. His absence will certainly be felt by many.
[quote]On Aug 9, 2021, JasonEngland wrote:
[quote]On Aug 9, 2021, Mr. Bones wrote:
[/quote]

Here in the Gambling Spot, over a decade ago, there was a poster who referenced Cag directly as "John" (implying that he knew him previously). [/quote]

Was that the guy that had supposedly bought something from Cag and wasn't happy with the purchase? If that's the case, then that guy is the reason I know Cag's real name. I cross-referenced that name with a guy that had ordered the Steve Forte GPS series. The address came back to a guy who's in the Griffin books, was the right age, and worked as a craps floorman back in the 1970s (all things Cag has claimed).

I started thinking, this might be the guy...

When I showed his picture to the guy that's met him, he said (I'm paraphrasing) "Yes, that's him."

Jason

PS: Basically I think Cag used a friend/relative to buy the GPS series so that he wouldn't have to give me his real name/address. I never would've put it together unless that other Café poster hadn't had a problem with Cag and mentioned the name he was dealing with him under. [/quote]

Do you mean for the DVDs of GPS? He order them from you? I don't get why he knew it was you so he wouldnt give you the address? And did he ever talk w SF?
If Cag is dead then our condolences to the Yerike family.

Kenneth Yerike (1947-) Henderson resident:

“I happen to live in Las Vegas, NV (actually Henderson).” -Cag
RIP, Cag.
R.I.P Sir...