(Close Window)
Topic: Question about a dancing cane
About five to eight years ago there was a dancing cane/walking stick advertised. I believe it may have been made out of paper mâché. it was advertized as very light and had a wood grain kind of walking stick rather than cane look. Does anyone remember who the manufacturer was and if they are still available? Many, many thanks.
Message: Posted by: Mark Boody Illusionist (May 16, 2021 07:00AM)
John

I believe this is what you are looking for.
http://www.wack-o-magic.com/dancingcane.html

Best of luck

Mark
Mark,

You are the best - and have illustrated the motto of "magicians helping magicians." That is exactly the product I was recalling - and it has been ordered as I write. Thank you so much for taking the time to post the answer to my question.

Sincerely,

John
Message: Posted by: Mark Boody Illusionist (May 21, 2021 07:47AM)
John

If you could give some feedback on the cane when you receive it, that would be great.
Glad I could help.

All the best

Mark
Mark,

Since you requested a "review" here one is - the cane is "as advertised" - handsome, with a natural wood grain "look" and lightweight. It has more of a rustic yet still elegant "walking stick" look with a golden knob on the top. It is at once both an "update" yet "retro" - both rustic and elegant. I am playing "Prospero" in Shakespeare's "Tempest" and it is perfect for that magical character. Hope this helps. Thanks again to Mark for the ministry in locating it.

John
Thank you for the kind words John!! I try to make the best dancing cane on the market... and right now it's the only version sold that doesn't look like a "prom stick."

I just made a new batch of these (yours was one)... and the canes are better than they ever have been, and because of a change in my supplier, the mailing tubes are twice as heavy... (also more money to mail.... that part didn't make me happy.)