(Close Window)
Topic: Rings-N-Things Passing the Weights
Here's a new version of Passing the Weights (Chink a Chink) produced by Rings-N-Things.

https://www.rnt2.com/passing-the-weights-set-chink-a-chink.html

And here's Pop Haydn talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9jD3EDD8Lc
My set is on its way. Iíve been waiting for a good deal on a Chink-A-Chink set. When I received the notification from RNT2, I ordered a set immediately.

Mark
Also tempted by this. I've always loved the effect, but have never been inclined to purchase the props that simply offered odd-shaped objects that moved around. For me, the Jim Riser set was the only version that made sense, but was difficult to find and out of my budget. This set offers the same logical story line for an affordable price.

Win!
Now THIS is a very worthwhile offering, especially because it is being produced by RNT2!

Not only does Donnie do such great work with what he produces, he is a fantastic guy as well!

They look beautiful huh?

And a Pop Haydn endorsement is a bonus great thing!

Best release news I have heard in quite some time!

Can you tell how enthusiastic I am about this latest RNT2 release?

Now please repeat after me. WOW!!! :thumbsup:

And oh, you better hurry and buy your set before they sell out and I assure you that they will indeed sell out!
For the people that have it, how easy is to p*** the s****, I do like the props and I like the routine and Haydn script but I am worried I will be not able to move the weights around.

pablo
The palming action used for the brass weights and shells is very easy to learn and easy to do.
It is a very handsome set. I am sure you will be happy with them. They can be classic palmed, but I recommend the thumb/middle finger pinch as used in my video. It is very easy.
Thank you Nicholas and Pop, I will get it then.
My set is out for delivery today! :dancing:

Mark
Appreciate the heads up on this... have ordered a set as well. Have the Anverdi set with the locking shell and a set Jay Sankey put out years ago that looked like early black checkers. But the brass weight sets have the right look and feel and as Pop has so wonderfully demonstrated open up a variety of interesting storylines!
These are gorgeous! The included box is gorgeous too! First class all the way!

Pop, I just purchased your video tutorial. Downloading it now!

Edit: Pop, I just got a network connection too slow warning from Safari. Not on my end, I'm currently getting 550 Mbps down via SpeedTest. I'll keep trying.

Mark
Thanks for the update Mark... looks like they are sold out for now on the Rings-N-Things site.
Received my "Passing the Weights" set today. Very nice and the professionally produced instruction booklet was a nice surprise!
[quote]On Oct 22, 2021, J M Talbot wrote:
Thanks for the update Mark... looks like they are sold out for now on the Rings-N-Things site. [/quote]

Sold out almost immediately. Waiting for the second run....
[quote]On Oct 21, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
These are gorgeous! The included box is gorgeous too! First class all the way!

Pop, I just purchased your video tutorial. Downloading it now!

Edit: Pop, I just got a network connection too slow warning from Safari. Not on my end, I'm currently getting 550 Mbps down via SpeedTest. I'll keep trying.

Mark [/quote]

Did you get everything working?
Pop,

Yes, the download was sluggish but I got it all. Thanks for asking.

FYI, The Ring 76 Board members are voting on which entertainer to book for our Holiday banquet. You got my vote. I hope it works out because Iíd love to see you perform in person.

Mark
It is back in stock, I just bought one
[quote]On Nov 10, 2021, pabloinus wrote:
It is back in stock, I just bought one [/quote]

Me too! Have Pop's video which is terrific. Can't wait to get started on this routine.
I'm loving my RNT2-set! It works like a charm. I also highly recommend Pop's instructional video!

I'm breeding on a story.

Since people don't know what the objects are, I will probably tell them that I also don't know what they are.

Is there something inside them? Ashes maybe? This already gives some food for discussion.

Maybe I found them somewhere (or they were given to me by a mysterious old man or etc.) and while I was playing with them, they appeared to have some very odd magical properties.

Great balls of fire!
Got mine on the way. Knowing the quality of everything else I have ever got from RNT2, I am sure the quality is top notch. I have a "cheap set" (made of aluminum I believe) called "Secret Journey" which I bought Pop's video for already but I can't wait to start using these much more classy props.
I ordered a set. Expect it any day now.
Got mine today, expectations exceeded. These are great.
Got my set. Exquisite!,Superbly manufactured. My congratulations to Donnie and his team at Rings Ďn Things.

Sean
I agree with what others have said. This is a beautifully made set and the kind of high quality that rnt2 is known for. Also, Pop Hayden offers a good reason for their use in his video.
Sterling Silver for the richies :)

https://www.rnt2.com/passing-the-weights-set-sterling-silver.html
Looks really nice. Now this is on my to buy list for this month. :)
Beautiful set. Iíve also seen that Francois Danis has some pretty nice sets (in wood).

http://www.danis-magic.com/thechinkasmystery.html
[quote]On Jan 15, 2022, CDenys wrote:
Beautiful set. Iíve also seen that Francois Danis has some pretty nice sets (in wood).

http://www.danis-magic.com/thechinkasmystery.html [/quote]

Many wood versions are nice to look at but never as deceptive as the Passing The Weights version and not nearly as sturdy. Also, not nearly as easy to handle and perform. Further, the wood versions look like magic props and Passing The Weights look like what they use in the industry to weigh metals.
I just ordered a brass set from RnT and it should be here next week.

To start doing my homework, I've also downloaded Pop's instructional video and I will be studying Pop's tips and his sage words of advice on performance.

Looks like a WORKER and a WINNER to me, for sure!
[quote]On May 15, 2022, Rainboguy wrote:
I just ordered a brass set from RnT and it should be here next week.

To start doing my homework, I've also downloaded Pop's instructional video and I will be studying Pop's tips and his sage words of advice on performance.

Looks like a WORKER and a WINNER to me, for sure! [/quote]

I can assure you that it is indeed a worker and winner. I categorize this set as a long overdue and required release for guys like us who are so fond of the props and routine. In addition, the quality is fantastic!!

Enjoy your beautiful new set of Passing The Weights. Boy are you in for a treat!