(Close Window)
Topic: From The Outside Looking In
What a wonderful website. I've only been here a few days and I've been both informed and entertained.

I come to magic from an unusal angle. A severe disability limits my movements and makes all but the simplist moves and forces all but impossible. Conjuring seemed out of the question. However, a degree in Psychology and a skeptical interest in the paranormal led me to conclude (as Penn and Teller have observed) that if people are using pychic energy to bend forks or to make copies of pictures hidden in envelopes then they are doing it the hard way. So an interest in mentalism has developed via CSICOP, James Randi and even Kreskin.

Although I rarely perform I love to learn routines as much as for the way they teach you to 'think outside the box' as for their entertainment value.

My thanks to Ian Rowland (whose book on cold reading is an absolute must read for anyone with an interest in mentalism - the impilications and applications of the principles involved are limitless) for pointing me to this site from his own at http://www.ian-rowland.com/ .

I'd be particularly interested in chatting with anyone who has had experiences or conflicts with psychics or so called pychic phenomena.

Many thanks. :dance:
An official welcome, Dylan :wavey:

It is great to have you here. Especially hearing about your perseverence over adversity.

There is a load of opportunity to be magical with little more than just your mind. Great you have seized that!!

I am looking forward to your insight and unique perspective :babyface:

So once again, Welcome! :dancing:

Tom Cutts
:wavey: Hi Dylan

Welcome to the "Magic Cafe"

Mya :cuteangel:
Hi Dylan!

Itís so nice to have you!

I know youíll love it here as everybody here loves the art!

Iím looking forward to your posts, and donít think youíll have any problem finding people interested in,"physics or psychic phenomena"...

Have fun Dylan, and again WELCOME!!!!!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Welcome to the CAFE !!!!!

:) :dance: :dancing: :yippee: :bigdance: :wavey: :smoke:
I'm glad you found us, Welcome to our magic family Dylan! :dancing:
Welcome to the Cafe, we are glad to have you with us.

:banana: :dancing: :banana:
Welcome. Look foward to hearing from you. I am sure that you will be visiting the mentalists' table. We are the corner table near the window under the sign that says "A Penny For Your Thoughts." If you have trouble finding us, just ask Ian. But, I think you sensed that.
Welcome to The Cafe, Dylan! I know you'll love it here!!!

Bengi :wavey:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the warm welcome.

Now I'm off for a coffee. :snail: