(Close Window)
Topic: Black Tiger uses
What do you use black tiger cards for ? I was thinking about getting a pack just because they are different, but I'd like to see some real life uses when they are better than normal cards.
If you are wondering what to do with your old and tired tiger decks then stop now!!! and listen to this fantastic project.

Get your deck of tired tigers and a hole punch
Punch 4 holes in each card, at the 2 short ends.
Use eight cards per strand and thread some string through the holes looping once to secure the card in place. Do this until you have eight cards in a vertical line. Make six of these strands.

Now thread a string through the top cards in the strands, and you are done.

You are now the proud owner of a Black Tiger magicians cape 8o.

(Joke post warning!)
Partizan stole my cape idea!
If you do a search you will find several ideas among the many threads already here.
I like the cape idea! I haven't really come up with any uses for these yet, but whenever I pull them out for friends everybody freaks. Cool looking cards.
Yeah, tehy look really cool. I was thinking about doing nemesis with a red deck turning into a tiger one.
Mercury card fold...

I've found that cards from brand new Tiger decks expecially fold very nicely.

Have to use White-Out though to sign the card.
Message: Posted by: Mauricio Jaramillo (Jul 7, 2004 07:23PM)
Color Fusion
[quote]
On 2004-07-07 15:50, Jive-Turkey wrote:
Mercury card fold...

[/quote]

It hurts my heart to hear you talk of folding tigers....cry. As for writing on, Sharpie Brand Markers have metallic colors (gold and silver) which write on anything.
Yeah. The silver looks especially cool on the Black Tigers.

If you're willing to sign a BT then you might as well fold it as well since you're probably gonna give it away anyway. I always give away my signed cards.

I made a BT Invisible deck. That one fools some magicians because they think it couldn't be a trick deck it's a Black tiger.

The backs mark real easy with a regular sharpie. if you wanted to mark them.

I use the regular face Black back card with a regular deck and do a Chicago opener.

plus I heard that they make a great top hat to go with your cape.
[quote]
On 2004-07-07 22:21, Jordini wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-07-07 15:50, Jive-Turkey wrote:
Mercury card fold...

[/quote]

It hurts my heart to hear you talk of folding tigers....cry. As for writing on, Sharpie Brand Markers have metallic colors (gold and silver) which write on anything.
[/quote]

Jordini - We're a little crazy here in Chicago but not that crazy. Kidding...

Nice bowler by the way!
Thanx! There's a great hat shop by my house. Unfortunately I have seen some people at my school (who really DON'T know how to wear hats) who have identical bowlers to mine, which makes me upset, so I went and bought a purple one in Philly. Still looking for an outfit to go with it....
Sorry, just reminded you can't do nemesis with black tigers. Chicago opener would be sweet tough.
Colour changes seem to be the most obvious choice here. aside from this, try your normal routine with a tiger deck. some look better, some don't. I'm tryin to think of something other than a colour change that would be cool.
I used a Tiger Deck for the first time and the guys reaction after the trick was "those aren't real cards, are they?"
Try this! Have a reg bike card in the center of your BT and remove its matching mate. Put the BT deck in your left sleeve. Bring out a reg bike deck and f##c# the matching card , and have the spec shuffle it and re place it in the card box. Take the reg bikes and do a T#p## switch . The first effect is the transformation of the box. Hand it out to the spec and ask him to take out the cards and spread it. In the middle is a face down card with a reg bike design. Turn it over to reveal the selection.

I have been performing this effect since the 1st ed came out. Its part of my rep. I do another switch later on to change the reg bike selection to a BT, but that's a diff story.

Hope you like it.

Rannie
Are there any other effects that you guys are performing specifically with the black tigers?
[quote]
On 2004-07-07 11:46, blitzchampion wrote:
What do you use black tiger cards for ?
[/quote]

To look like I spent way too much money on a deck of cards.

I only have one deck and that's because it was given to me. But, they do look pretty cool. I took the 3 of clubs gimmick to use it for Red Hot Mama, then in the end the entire card turns black (well a photo negative as in my patter).
Hey Jordini, I got the perfect outfit to go with your hat. First, take 12 decks of old black tigers. Now, make the appropiate buisness suit, pants, and shirt. Tada!

.....I think I killed it. That's sad.
Gosh, I would think that any of the bizarre performers believe BTs are a gift from heaven. Me, I like BLTs better. :)
I don't really see the point of the black tiger decks. I don't walk around with a portable UV light, which I could produce from my sleeve, but that would be a hassle. so what makes these so appealing? to me they seem like pokemon trading cards, sure they'll be famous for a few months maybe even 1 or 2 years, but than everybody will realize that they've been screwed over again buying useless products
I think they are cool and all but if you do a really great effect with these cards, your spectators will probably think that they are trick in some way. I rather use the popular blue or red back bicycles.
I can see that you could do a nice deck color change, red to black, now that would look sweet :D
I have the first editions and I use it only for special occasions like parties and close-up card magic shows. I never use it for my strolling magic. They're too precious to be overused. hehehehee.. "my precious"... :)
[quote]
On 2004-07-30 00:26, dynamiteassasin wrote:
They're too precious to be overused.
[/quote]

For the price their set at I'm not suprised.
They are up there, heck, they're only black, same as red and blue, but now it's a novelty :crazydude:
Actually if you work the night clubs always use tiger decks not blue or red because the tigers are made for night club work because when put under u.v light the look better than any blue or red deck could possibly look and if you can get the tigers with red spots and work with them in a club its much better then a normal deck.

thats the diference
Black Tigers for a flaming flourish routine would be cool! :)
Get the red-pipped cards. They look cooler I think. By the way, make yourself an invisible deck using Black Tigers. This really looks great in performance.
I used my red pipped ones for Gemini Twins but that's it
They also are quite useful for leveling a chair or table. Insert an appropriate number under the shorter leg to get rid of that annoying wobble. :rolleyes:
I use black tigers all the time unless I'm going to destroy a card. I've actually gotten quite a few gigs in no small part to the black tigers. Sure my original effects are great, but I find that a potential client remembers the unusual cards, and the unusual effects done with them. I don't think they are a rip off at all, but irl I'm a bit of a goth so I suppose they go with my outfit. Can't exactly be wearing a fishnet shirt and black trench coat and whip out a deck of pink cards with purple polk-a-dots. The finish on the red pip ones is actually different, I don't know what they did but they fan better longer, either that or my natural skin oil has changed formulas......
[quote]
On 2004-07-07 15:50, Mike Walton wrote:
Mercury card fold...

[/quote]
Use a Silver sharpie marker.
Yes, but hopefully layman won't say your using a trick deck. Better let them examine it first.
Card Warp looks especially good with these, and if you take it a step further, Hyper Warp by Wesley James looks even better.

I'll have to admit, Oil and Water effects aren't that impressive.

I've had a few people say that an Ambitious looks a little neater with these, especially during the colour change phases.

David.
I like doing magic with pretty things, and I find the BTs to be more aesthetically pleasing than regular Bikes or Tallys.
Snap change from red to black, that's cool. You could have someone select a card and then take I and snap change it to black.
I think the black tigers are very nice with one exception. Because they do not have a white boder, color changing deck routines are a dead giveaway. Hopefully they will make some that have white borders and then tricks like Paul Harris' Color Stunner will be a real Stunner, uh no pun intended.
Message: Posted by: art the magic guy! (Dec 17, 2004 07:44PM)
In my mentalism walkaround effects I use the blakc tiger deck.

on the black tiger deck there is always a card that is printed with a BT back and a regular bicycle face (white) I talk a bit about ESP and offer to demonstrate a small experiement with an unusual deck that " was given to me by a friend from far far away". I ask them to stop me at any card as I freely deal them one by one. when they say stop I ask them to take the cards that I dealt and they keep them. I deal the next card into their hand.
I then mention to them that what's sp special about this cards is that they are printed differently...I deal a few off my deck face up and tehy can see the difference between regular decks, I ask them to see the cards I just dealt before and they can isnpec them themselves. then I add " you know, you stopped me at that particular card. it was your free choice. I should mention now that out of all this cards there is only one spcial card, one defective card... turn it over... and you see that you chose that card."

you can play around with patter lines, but this effect has very strong reactions from my audiences. it's my most requested impromptu effect :)