(Close Window)
Topic: Molecule Cut
Someone told that there was a cool cut called the Molecule Cut. He didn't tell me anything about it (except that it looked nice). Can someone tell me about it?

Ryan
You can view the cut here:
http://www.dananddave.com/watch.html

Further information is available on the same site:
http://www.dananddave.com
It's pretty cool.
It's a triple cut by the Bucks that is used very flashy. Right now I believe there are 3 Molecule cuts. Molecule 1 was taught in Pasteboard Animations, the Bucks first ever home video, and is the first cut seen in their Spring Jam video at their site. (check it out by the way, it is INSANE) The Molecule 2 is a simplified version that is taught in Nursery RHymes 1 By the Bucks and in Hit the Road with Paul wilson and Lee Asher (and on a lesser note Nate Kranzo). It can be used as a four card production or a one card production. (the Molecule 2 Production, the one card production is THE best 1 card production I've seen)

The Molecule 3 is going to be taught in their upcoming DVD, the Dan and Dave System, and is the cut which Dan/Dave buck does in the middle of the SPring Jam video with a packet spinning in one hand.
I better look at the simplified versoin first!!!

Thanks
WOW -

That's some fast fingers!
Yeah, it's pretty slick
I have the hit the road dvd and have never been able to get the cut. I am getting the extreme cuts dvd soon. I would also recommend it o anyone who wants to learn really cool, and much easier, cuts.
I think that was taught in the October 2003 issue of Genii. Its really cool.
I learnt the molecule cut 1 in "pasteboard animations" : the explanation was not very good, but I liked the "flipping packet thing" so much that I worked it for 1 month (no kidding) before beeing able to do it ;)

Aside from that, I think that the molecule 1 is EASIER than the molecule 2 (which uses the TG murphy deck flip).
I'm having lots of problems with the Molecule 1. I can't do the first phase whereby you do an entire rotation for the top packet before doing the spinning move off your thumb. So yeah, I find the Molecule 2 easier.

The Molecule 3 is awesome though. Never bothered practicing it though.
Where did you learn it?
I hate it, it's a "magicians" cut as its produces cards, so why is it in this in this section. It's not an XCM...

You should put this in your "magic" sections...
You are wrong grumpyowl : the "molecule 1" cut does not produce any card.

It's a variation of the "quick triple quit" from the encyclopedia (page 238).
[quote]
On 2004-08-02 12:17, GrumpyOwl wrote:
I hate it, it's a "magicians" cut as its produces cards, so why is it in this in this section. It's not an XCM...
[/quote]

Wrong... that would be the "Hot Shot Cut". So I guess you hate that eh?
LOL The Molecule cut is used for producing selected cards like the aces or whatever for "magicians"...

The Hotshot Cut can be used for both yes, but with XCM its an aerial move that can be used also for blind aerials where the face of the card doesn't matter...

[quote]
On 2004-08-02 12:28, sc_wizard29 wrote:
It's a variation of the "quick triple quit" from the encyclopedia (page 238).
[/quote]

Really! A variation by the bucks? Who would have thought it...
[quote]
On 2004-08-02 12:37, GrumpyOwl wrote:
LOL The Molecule cut is used for producing selected cards like the aces or whatever for "magicians"...

The Hotshot Cut can be used for both yes, but with XCM its an arial move that can be used also for blind arials where the face of the card doesn't matter...
[/quote]

The molecule 1 doesn't produce any cards, the molecule 2 has a 1 and 4 card production.
Lol,

OK, before this gets nasty.

Grumpy doesn't like it.

either do I. I'm tired of all the same cuts and their variations.

But some people do like it and never get sick of all these 2 handed cuts that look the same. Don't know how they do it.lol

The fastest 2 handed cuts and still the original is Tudor, however I think BONE is faster and better than them all. When CC gets back up, go check out Bones videos! If you like the bucks, you will love the Bone.lol

Phantom
[quote]
On 2004-08-02 12:46, phantomace wrote:
Lol,

OK, before this gets nasty.

Grumpy doesn't like it.

either do I. I'm tired of all the same cuts and their variations.

But some people do like it and never get sick of all these 2 handed cuts that look the same. Don't know how they do it.lol

The fastest 2 handed cuts and still the original is Tudor, however I think BONE is faster and better than them all. When CC gets back up, go check out Bones videos! If you like the bucks, you will love the Bone.lol

Phantom
[/quote]

No one is debating the fact you guys don't like it, he said the molecule 1 is used to produce cards when its not.
[quote]
On 2004-08-02 12:37, GrumpyOwl wrote:
[/quote]

Dude, you're on the MAGIC Café, if you don't like magicians then leave.
Yeah we should all respect other people's opinions.
> But some people do like it and never get sick of
> all these 2 handed cuts that look the same. Don't
> know how they do it.lol

When you do it for laypeople the first time, thay don't think that "it looks the same" (the same than what ???)

> The fastest 2 handed cuts and still the original is > Tudor, however I think BONE is faster and better
> than them all.

yeah, I totally agree : I think Bone is one of the most incredible flourisher I've ever seen. He's so fast and so smooth...

Bone, do you read this ? You ROCK !!!! :)
Anybody know where I can see bones latest video? I keep hearing about it, but I have not seen it yet.
If you mean his black deck video then just email him or instant message him.
The Molecule 1 is the very first cut performed in Spring Jam, and it does look every pretty, with a packet spin and a single finger spin. It doesn't produce any cards.. it's just a flashy false cut. The intersting thing about the Molecule is that it uses a whole new pivot point, allowing for moves that you could never do from a "Z" grip. I would liken this change of grips to Jimmy Hendrix's revolutionary use of the thumb in guitar playing.

There are two "spinoffs" of the Molecule, which were blatantly called Molecule 2 and 3. The Molecule 2 can either be used as one or four card production, and the Molecule 3 opens from Molecule, then breaks into some fancy double work, as well as a revolution 2. Visual madness, in other words. All 3 Molecules will be taught on their upcoming DVD, the Dan and Dave System.

Aight. That's all I have to say for now. Bye.

-Kev
Moderator on the Danaddave forum
I am working on Molecule 2 (from Paul & Lee's Hit The Road), but was wondering if anyone could give any tips on the deck flip down. I've been flipping the deck several times a day and man the nail on my index finger hurts. It presses up (from the bottom) & I hesitate releasing the deck (causing continuous pressure on my finger). :( Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Me
Fyi

molecule 1 and 2 is also in buck twins' system dvd. I am not sure bt molecule 3 being in it cos I have yet to find it in the dvd..maybe I am looking wrongly or I missed it

cheerios
[quote]
On 2005-01-14 04:05, ClouDsss wrote:
Fyi

molecule 1 and 2 is also in buck twins' system dvd. I am not sure bt molecule 3 being in it cos I have yet to find it in the dvd..maybe I am looking wrongly or I missed it

cheerios
[/quote]

The Molecule 3 is in the same section as the Molecule 1 and 2.

C.
[quote]
On 2004-08-02 22:22, MnemonicaRedux wrote:
The Molecule 1 is the very first cut performed in Spring Jam, and it does look every pretty, with a packet spin and a single finger spin.
[/quote]

Could anyone help me in identifying a cut? If you scroll to the exact middle of the Spring Jam video (http://www.dananddave.com/trailers/spring_jam.html), what is the next cut performed with blue cards called? (It's two cuts after the werm, I believe). I don't have system yet but plan on getting it in the near future.

By the way kevin, I love your site, been going through your tutorials; they are excellent.
[quote]
On 2005-01-15 14:47, kxxcheng wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-08-02 22:22, MnemonicaRedux wrote:
The Molecule 1 is the very first cut performed in Spring Jam, and it does look every pretty, with a packet spin and a single finger spin.
[/quote]

Could anyone help me in identifying a cut? If you scroll to the exact middle of the Spring Jam video (http://www.dananddave.com/trailers/spring_jam.html), what is the next cut performed with blue cards called? (It's two cuts after the werm, I believe). I don't have system yet but plan on getting it in the near future.

By the way kevin, I love your site, been going through your tutorials; they are excellent.
[/quote]

Hey Karen.

That cut is the Crabshack, it goes into the Molecule 3.

If you got the dan and dave system, crabshack will soon be taught
on the system vault, so if you like the cut, learn it. :)
All right, thanks. That and TCTCSA are my favourite, at least from watching their trailers over and over again.

I'd love to get system but within the last few weeks I ordered/got bible, ctg, and a whole bunch of cards, so it may be a while before I can convince my parents to let me buy something else. It is my money, but they like me to be frugal I suppose.
Hey, thanks for the reference, Karen. And yeah, props to Jonas for pointing our crabshack before I had the chance to. And yeah, the bible and CTG will keep you busy, so I reccomend you work on those first, and when you have more money and time, get down wit da system! But remember to do daily finger stretches 18 times a day, or you're gonna get some REAL bad cramps from doing the madonnas and 327's :D

-Kev
[quote]...the bible and CTG...[/quote]

What is the bible & CTG?

Thanks,
:)
Lol.

The "Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes" aka 'the bible' by Jerry C.
http://www.flourishman.com

CTG is "Cradle to Grave" by De'vo.
http://www.xtremehandz.com/catalog/item/1177533/671669.htm

Antz
Oh, Cradle To Grave...CTG...duh. You would think that I would have know both of those items. :) CTG does rock & so does Jerry's book (I can't even do 1/4 of the flourishes).

:D
I like this flourish very much, it's really impressive if you do it perfectly.
Bad bad cramps doing the 327...lol..bad bad..