(Close Window)
Topic: New favorite line from a book
My next e-book project is PT Selbit's Magician's Handbook. While going through the text I came across this line:

[quote]
In the first place, two midgets must be procured; this will not present much difficulty to an enterprising magician.
[/quote]

This is now my new favorite line from a magic book. Up until now, it's been T.A. Waters instructions in Mind, Myth, and Magic to have special demon-like prostetics made for a monkey.

This is why I love being a magician. Even doctors don't get to think like this :)
Doctors Think that I think might be Funny if Done Right. although if you just get done visiting a Surgeon you might be Laughing all the way Home. why because he kept you in Stiches. Don,
Is it still legal to procure midgets for an unnatural act?
Not unless it envolves and unlaiden swallow :D
English or African swallow?

Posted: Aug 2, 2004 4:15pm
Back on topic, my latest favorite line is from the opening of the first chapter in Derren Brown's Absolute Magic.

"And with these words, the magic fell stillborn from the womb."

Not a book for the general populace, but definitely a great theory book.
One of my favorites, from "Later Magic": To prepare it for use, the head of the unfortunate infant is crushed flat, and the drapery folded, zig-zag fashion, upon it.
Harry Leat published a routine that said something like the following...

"Go to a veteran's home and find a gentleman with a missing right arm and left leg..."

I forget the trick, but...
"Suppose I want a mutton chop or a footbath. All I have to do is pass my hand lightly over a billiard ball and I get what I require, which in this case is an egg."

Patter from "Our Magic"
[quote]
On 2004-08-04 13:45, Pete Biro wrote:

..."Go to a veteran's home and find a gentleman with a missing right arm and left leg..."

[/quote]

I love it. :lol:
Daschiell Hammett once wrote, "I don't mind idiotic notions, as long as you keep them to yourself."

Kregg