(Close Window)
Topic: Counting My Blessings
My Mom works with kids with special needs. She travels around to different schools and gives ideas to teachers who aren't sure how to help some of their students.

One day, I was off school and Mom still had to work, so I went to work with her. I took my cards and ropes. The kids in the class were my age. I showed them a few things. They were so excited and wanted me to show them how to do a card trick so they could show their parents.
I showed them something that I thought was a real simple card trick. I was surprised that it was so difficult for them to learn. The teacher was really nice and let me spend a lot of time with each one of them until they got the trick down really good.

I guess I just never realized how much these kids have to struggle with just every day things. Mom always tels me her job makes her count her blessings everyday. Now, I understand what she means.

I always go to work with Mom now when I can. It makes me feel good to bring happiness to other kids, especially kids who have to struggle so much with life.

Dakota Rose
Dakota, yo have just learned a valuable lesson on the human condition. Many adults haven't even learned as much as you have. Keep these experiences in mind when dealing with all people. it will give you a more satisfying and fulfilling life. Kudos to ya!