(Close Window)
Topic: Paper Clips
Hi all,
Does anyone know any un-gimmicked tricks involving paper clips? I have an abundance of them in the office and know they must be good for something other than clipping paper (or making into tiny bows and arrows with elastic bands!)
Cheers in advance.

Also, Which DVDs are better - Dan Harlen's or Ammar's? I've read only great things about both of them, but can only really afford one at the moment.
It's not ungimmicked, but Dreamweaver is one of the best out there :D
Harry Lorayne's "The Magic Book" has an effect with two paperclips, a rubberband, and a dollar bill called "Sgt. Elastec and the Clip Artists." I was just looking at it again last night, and thinking that I need to learn it. It's actually a self-working puzzle, but Harry says it looks like a trick to spectators after you've shown them a few other effects.
There is one on the jay sankey dvds. it takes a little set up but it is a one time thing. the effect is some paper clips are dumped onto the table. 4 paper clips are placed into your hand and they link together.
[quote]
On 2004-07-29 08:50, mattisdx wrote:
It's not ungimmicked, but Dreamweaver is one of the best out there :D
[/quote]

I don't think you can use paperclips in "Dreamweaver". You use safety pins.
Yes Dreamweaver uses safety pins.

Have you checked Jay Sankeys paperclipped? Not sure if it requires a gimmicked one though.
There is a routine in the Michael Weber LIFESAVERS book using olives that can be done with paper clips. The clip version also appears in the Bill Herz SECRETS OF AN ASTONISHING EXECUTIVE.

How about taking five or six clips, singly, and having them link--You figure out the method (dead easy).

I have done a matrix type trick with the large butterfly clips.

Keep thinking.

Regards,

Paul Green
Hey, Paul,

Sounds like you may be describing Bob McAllister's effect where the paper clips link in mid-air...a beautiful effect that really plays.
[quote]
On 2004-07-30 09:37, Pekka wrote:
Yes Dreamweaver uses safety pins.

Have you checked Jay Sankeys paperclipped? Not sure if it requires a gimmicked one though.
[/quote]

No gimmicks in "paperclipped"
Paperclipped is a great routine. I love it when the spectatorsc card is found in a egg. The reaction is amazing.
Yea paperclipped does rock ! :crazydude: