(Close Window)
Topic: Where do you learn how to drive blindfolded?
Any sources or videos on how to learn how to drive blindfolded?
Abbott's has a good blindfold. When I got mine three years ago it was $35.00.

Don
"Blind Foil" on Kuffs' DVD, Mind Stunts, is a good one to use for this type of a stunt. Just know that unless you are on a closed course, with the proper permits, you will most likely be pulled over and fined. :devilish:
Yes, Blind Foil works well. It's the routine that requires the sorting.

Do as I did. See as many blindfold drives as you can, pinch the best bits, type up some spiel sheets and develope your own twenty min spot.

My climax is to have the local dignitary or star of the outside show attend as a passenger for a lap or two. Don't do as I did a couple of years ago and reverse into the Imps Motor Cycle display team waiting to go on next after me. They were not amused.
Check out pages 129-158 and page 386 of Corinda's "13 Steps To Mentalism" He offers great advice for this type of effect.
Check out my website for blindfoil in use.
Message: Posted by: Mysterion The Mind reader (Aug 19, 2004 09:44PM)
I use z-ray googles, but Corinda's thirteen steps to mentalism has a variety of blindfolds you can use. I always get a laugh from pressing coins into pizza dough over you're eyes. Maybe some ancient coins with a magically third sight quality???????
There is an effect that is driving a car while sleeping in a David Acer video.

It's I think in Open Travellers or Roadkillers.
Look at my site: http://www.JamesSong.com

My designer is taking it down in the fall to put up some stuff we did in the desert, but it's the real thing, done in medium traffic - on highway one in California (by Laguna Beach) - in the middle of the day at a top speed of 60mph. Greg Arce took the photos.

We also drove in Beverly Hills (heavy traffic, both vehicular and pedestrian) and in LA in general - all blindfolded. No one pulled us over - and ALOT of people saw us doing it.

No special blindfold necessary. I used a method detailed in Corinda's which was very, very convincing. Total cost: $3 (plus car rental with collision coverage, of course).

Before anyone gets any funny ideas, you should all know I'm a very good driver, who learned how to drive from taxi drivers - in NYC. I've raced cars in excess of 110mph - on highways during the day - and can drive as well as any pro. No one, at any time, was in any danger (except maybe Greg, who boldly leaned out of the car several times to get better shots).
[quote]
On 2004-08-30 01:17, dynamiteassasin wrote:
There is an effect that is driving a car while sleeping in a David Acer video.

It's I think in Open Travellers or Roadkillers.
[/quote]

Road Killers
Contact Jim Passe'. He's done it.
Which is the best blindfold you guys would suggest for an indoor theaterical act with interactive drawings by the audience on a blackboard ?
Coins,tape,bandages with bag over the top.
I guess you could always do it for real?