(Close Window)
Topic: Light bulb question
Is there a "best" brand of light bulb for eating? :devilish:
You can eat any light bulb no best brand glass is glass.
I guess I was wondering if any bulb's glass was thinner than another's. Thanx for the answer.

I am "using" the method described in Swami/Mantra. Is there anything better (I assume that there is), and can anyone help? This is something that I REALLY want to learn, and learn CORRECTLY. Sadly, I live in Idaho, and I can't seem to find anyone out here who knows how to do this. :devilish:
[quote]
On 2004-07-30 10:39, TAIT wrote:
You can eat any light bulb no best brand glass is glass.
[/quote]

Tait

This advice is wrong, and could be very dangerous. You CANNOT eat just any lightbulb, apart from the danger posed by the glass itself, some have coatings that are highly toxic, and which will poison you.

Please be careful with your advice mate :)

David Straitjacket
The Master is Todd Robbins...maybe he can weigh in on the safety issue which IS all important.
Good call David.
A few days ago I accidentally stepped on one, and after that, I am not so keen on putting on in my mouth.

Brian
I've held back on commenting, because glass eating one of the few skills I don't teach. It's just too dangerous. With most sideshow skills, there are techniques that are employed to minimize the risk involved. When it comes to glass eating, there is no way to take it down to a safe level. When you swallow the glass, you will be playing Russian Roulette for the next two days. And eating a banana does NOTHING to make it safer.

By the way, most of the old timers didnít swallow the glass. They would chew it up and spit it out into an opaque cup when they took a drink of water.

In regard to swallowing the glass, what I learn from a number of sources was information that increases the odds of doing it without harm. But the odds are still against me, regardless of what I do.

Itís a choice Iíve made and I refuse to encourage others to make the same choice.
I am reluctant to do glass eating, it dosen't give me as much of a thrill as the fire manipulation acts, or the human blockhead, yet, it is highly dangerous, so I do it every week, and I usually only do it on request...