(Close Window)
Topic: Suggestions for a good silk routines
I would apprecitate any suggestions for a good silk routine that may fit a dove act that is could be performed well to music. thank you
Ah, so many choices so little time. Here's a short routine that may or may not fit you but maybe give you some ideas. Assuming you are wearing tails.

Walk on stage and produce a silk in each hand. Tie them together and place them in a large glass. Remove the flower from your lapel and turn it into a silk.

Vanish the silk, remove the tied silks showing the vanished one in between. (standard 20th century silks)

Gather the silks and produce your dove. Set the silks aside, stroke the dove several times and toss it to the ceiling changing it to a silk. (standard tail toss)

Produce a candle from the silk and do a few manipulations with it (vanish, reappear etc)On the last vanish, produce a dove bare handed.

The act could go on and on but basically what I'm saying is that you want each effect to lead into the next so it looks like a routine and not just someone doing one trick after another.
Thank you for your suggestions I appreciate them
I like that Dave!
Matt
I agree that each effect shouldflow into the next when perfprming to music don't forget the music can help you time your steals and productions and build to the climax of the routine.
Whats the best manipulative way to vanish a silk?
[quote]
On 2004-08-19 11:52, magic_matt wrote:
What's the best manipulative way to vanish a silk?
[/quote]

Completely!

Bob
Ha Ha, mini lol.
Really though in a manipulation act what would you use? a pull?

Bob on your site, its funny you have a banner with UK magicians on it! David Penn is not to far from me.
Matt
Hi guys,

Recently I bought Duan Laflin's hank ball manipulation DVD. It's a superb silk magic teaching DVD. It teaches many wonderful routines using a hank ball, and gives detailed instructions on using a hank ball(moves, techniques,etc). The 20th century silk routine really blows me away. No sewing, can be done close up, and completely examinable at the end.....wow.

So pick up this DVD & a hank ball today.
I echo Magician81...Duane has already improved silk magic education with his prior videos and the DVD series he has begun takes the subject to new heights. Kenno.