(Close Window)
Topic: Cheap Strait Jacket
What would be the cheapest strait jacket I could get, and where could I get it?

Brian
Message: Posted by: Dr_Stephen_Midnight (Aug 24, 2004 12:31PM)
The least expensive option I could think of would be a standard Human Restraint Co. jacket (no crotch strap) ordered directly from Human Restraint Co.

Steve
You could try http://www.erestraint.com they have poseys complete with front and side loops advertised on ebay for about $130.00 starting bid. Never purchased from them though.

I have bought stuff from humane restraint and the service is great. Plus they generally sort out any special requests you may have.

Talking of great service. The cannons at http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com are up there with the best of them. Not the cheapest, but do have a great selection of escape bits and bobs.

Talking of the cannons, has anyone heard from Ian recently? It's not been the same without him hanging around the Café.

Roslyn
If I were you Brian I'd wait and buy a very good quality straight jacket which may cost more but will last a lot longer and be more durable to perform with in the future

Tom
What price ranges am I looking at?

Brian
Price Ranges for a Cheap Jacket like $50.00 and UP. but why buy a CHEAP one get one that is Decently Made. be sure the Canvas/Leather is a good heavy Quality. Don,
Actually, in Party City, I saw a Hannibal Lecter combination kit (straitjacket and mask) for about $35. I did look at the straitjacket, and it's not even made of lightweight canvas...just a thin cotton blend material. Of course, it is only meant to be a costume and not an escape/restraint device.

Margarette
Margaerette... believe it or not, I actually saw this guy billing himself as "The Master Self-Liberator" rolling around in one of those halloween costume jackets like he was Houdini himself. The saddest thing is that the audience fell for it.
Just goes to show it's not what you do I guess.

Roslyn
Brian, like most things Strait Jackets aren't one size fits all. A regulation jacket will be sized to fit. Gimmicked jackets will also vary. You'll just have to shop around for the one that fits your needs and budget.
Cheapest ive seen is $200
Years ago I had an audience member break the straps on an Abbott jacket (brand new) he was putting me in.

Needless to say, QUALITY is the key here....
JFYI- Humane restraint jackets can be purchased for under $130 for regulation, under $150 for 'magical' and under $200 for 'magical lined with leather.' plus shipping.