(Close Window)
Topic: Website update for "The System"!
The Bucks have updated their website. It looks like we're closer to getting our hands on the DVD. For Phantom, the Bucks have a link to the Superhandz website right at the top of the page, and they credit moves where credit is due in the descriptions of whats on this dvd. Can't wait!
It is my god given rite to reply...
It's cool Dan and Dave and Superhandz are finally seemingly getting along. It's been long overdue.

But it won't change the fact that many people still don't like the Buck Twins or never ending sybils.

I think the sybil variation fanatics will love this DVD. And XCMers or flourihsers will not. I mean who really needs more sybils? There are at leats 5 DVDs or video projects on the market dedicated to these already. Now another one? All of these devoted to sybil cuts/2 handed pivot cuts? Sure, there are some ace productions and ameture short films and so forth but really, they are mostly dedicated to sybils/2 handed pivotcuts.

I'd rather invest my money in Jerry's new DVD which looks awesome by the way from the new promo trailer! It's shipping on the 15th.
Or anything with XCM that is not just sybils and 2 handed pivot cut variations.

Here are the other DVDs that look much the same: pasteboard animations, Tudor Show off 1, Tudor Show off 2, Generation X, and Keones Xtreme Cuts, and now.......... duh duh duh! The system. Congratulations to the Buck Twins for adding another sybil video to the market.

Phantom
I'm really glad there's a truce between them.

I'm glad Dan and Dave recognize Superhandz as a good enough place to be featured a the top of their main page with a nice big picture, and that there is no more Player Hater's forum on the Handlordz forum.

I really didn't like how many posts were about hating each other. We should be focusing on furthering ourselves and the art of card manipulation, whichever variety floats your boat.

This truce is great news.
[quote]
On 2004-09-06 14:19, rkzad wrote:
This truce is great news.
[/quote]
It is! That was one of my points for this post.

[quote]
On 2004-09-06 14:15, phantomace wrote:
Congratulations to the Buck Twins for adding another sybil video to the market.

Phantom

[/quote]
So we also then must congratulate De'vo for releasing another cut DVD? I guess you won't Phantom. Since we all know you hate all these cut dvds being released. I'm glad all these dvds are released because we get to see these awsome performers. I just hate the fact that its taking me a step closer to the poorhouse because I have to buy them. Lol!

P.S. Can't we all just get along!!
Hey I'm new here and even I can see that phantom means sybils,not the one handed cut of them all, the cobra cut, which is not a sybil.

I will be getting the system as well, and I'll be giving fair reviews on both when the time comes.

Matte
Lol, Thanks Matte. Thank god the Cobra cut is not a sybil!LOL

At least someone had to break the cut trend of sybil. Might as well be the world's hardest one handed cut by De'vo. Now there is a move that stands out from the plethera of look alike sybil moves.

Phantom
[quote]
On 2004-09-06 13:21, in flames wrote:
The Bucks have updated their website. It looks like we're closer to getting our hands on the DVD. For Phantom, the Bucks have a link to the Superhandz website right at the top of the page, and they credit moves where credit is due in the descriptions of whats on this dvd. Can't wait!
[/quote]

where is the link?

In flames

nevermind my computer is a little slow
http://www.dananddave.com

Can't wait for the System. It's going to be awesome. And yes, I agree that it's great that the Bucks and Handlordz have peace now. Jerry's companion DVDs, De'vo's Cobra DVDs and the other upcoming dvds by De'vo will definitely kick ass as well, I'm sure everyone knows that.
These guys are clowns. I watched the trailer and it was annoying.
[quote]
On 2004-09-07 04:29, MagicChris wrote:
[/quote]

What, how does their trailer make them "annoying"? Watch Spring Jam or something and see the skill they have before calling them clowns.
[quote]
On 2004-09-07 04:29, MagicChris wrote:
[/quote]

lol! I think he was talking about the goofy stuff like that guy clucking at the end. More than half of the trailer had nothing to do with card moves. But I guess that's the same as the DVD. From what I hear, most of it is dedicated to their ameture short films.

Phantom
[quote]
On 2004-09-07 08:47, phantomace wrote:
From what I hear, most of it is dedicated to their ameture short films.
[/quote]

Shows how much you know...
EXACTLY!

Phantom
The Buck's are jokes!!
[quote]
On 2004-09-07 23:25, MagicChris wrote:
The Buck's are jokes!!
[/quote]

They're jokes while you don't have a tenth of the skill they have... oh well. To each his own. If you wish to judge them by their films and not by their skill, that's your call.
Ah, here we go again with the never ending battle. To each his own, I say...
Haha...To a certain extent the teaser was annoying, but the cut at the end was very impressive.(Let's not start on whether any of the cuts were sped up or not).

MagicChris, PLEASE do check out Springjam. You won't regret it. I really dislike the way the flourish/XCM threads usually digress. Also, Phantom, if I'm not wrong the DVD has 18 different cuts, the films are just a bonus.

Huron
I don't know how many times its written, but ill write it again.

Dan and Dave are not Flourishers, and they havent called themselves flourishers either. They are magicians doing fancy cuts to add a sparkle to the magic they perform. I don't think magic would be as fun to watch performed if people was doing the Heaven Display, Cobra cut, Cradle to Grave combo or such interpolated into the magic.

The thing about that flourishes ruins magic is bs from what I understand now, you just have to do a reason to do everything to still make them look at it as card magic. But I cant find reasons to add the CTG combo or such in a magic routine, so that's why I just wrote that.

So for the last time, Dan and Dave don't try to be Flourishers or "Extreme Card Manipulators" as people over at HandLordz calls it, they try to be magicians.
Its 2 different arts.

So now lets get back to topic about the DVD.
[quote]
On 2004-09-09 12:53, Harwin wrote:
I don't know how many times its written, but ill write it again....

snippped for brevity
[/quote]

I second that. People need to hush up and quit bashing left and right when most likely they can't do the material in the first place. I'm not going to mention any names but anyone who reads these threads knows who I'm talking about.
The bucks and De' have always gotten along fine,its the people from the forums and stuff.
Watch one of the Bucks promos. ANNYONE!
then watch Jerrys Promo... which one contains most Card Moves...
If I buy a XCM DVD it's for the Moves.. not the special effects that make the same looking moves look different or better.
What I want is Cold Hard XCM. Nothing more nothing less. comedy and kickass editing and theaching methods are also a great pluss. that's why I always buy from Handlordz Store and never the DanDave Store thingy.
Burns, is it about Quality or Quantity?

Quality..

I know Jerrys stuff is good, but a lot of the stuff in that demo does not belong to Jerry.
I also know that Dan and Dave does a lot of Variations (But hey, its hard to make a sybil look TOTALLY new as its not a sybil if it doesn't contain those motions.)

ALso, I buy a DVD to enjoy the DVD, and being able o do the same stuff myself. As said before, Dan and Dave don't use speed up filters to make it look better.. Special effects.. What about you when you perform the cobra cut, do you do a BOOOM sond with your mouth as you close it as De´vo usually does? (Not that way, Devo uses special effects :P)

Dan and Daves DVD will contain comedy, also nice editing. The material looks good too. Sure a lot of it has been published before, but also a lot of it havent. Lets say you bought De´vos CTG from Ellusionist, then you don't get the bonuses in the CTG forum at HL. Then its not too many moves.
Its around 10 moves then, and 18 moves in Dan and Daves DVD, and also easter eggs.

But its not about Quantity, its about Quality, and me and people I have shown likes the material by Dan and Dave, and then I'm happy and theres nothing to complain about.

THE END.
[quote]
On 2004-09-12 15:05, Harwin wrote:
...(But hey, its hard to make a sybil look TOTALLY new as its not a sybil if it doesn't contain those motions.)...
[/quote]

Then why not but the sybil down and work on something new? I am not a Handlordz attach dog but, I repect Devo and crew a lot more. Tudor and The Buck's work all seem to be stuck in, what they did last time. They have so much skill and creative chops, I just don't understand why they don't use it.

Lee
[quote]
On 2004-09-12 15:53, Schaden wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-09-12 15:05, Harwin wrote:
...(But hey, its hard to make a sybil look TOTALLY new as its not a sybil if it doesn't contain those motions.)...
[/quote]

Then why not but the sybil down and work on something new? I am not a Handlordz attach dog but, I repect Devo and crew a lot more. Tudor and The Buck's work all seem to be stuck in, what they did last time. They have so much skill and creative chops, I just don't understand why they don't use it.

Lee
[/quote]

I agree with Lee, why don't they user their creative minds then and put down their sybil moves? Also Harwin, having 10 original moves is better than having 18 variation moves of one sybil/move, that is if you were to compare from the CTG dvd and the buck material, as you did in the previous post.

Venomal
Yeah, I can agree to that Venomal, but De´vo has excperienced more as he has don't XCM for MANY years.
The bucks have only been active with it like 3-5 years I heard. But I agree, but I still like the material.

Again, the cuts are more aimed at magicians, doing a heaven display in an Ambitious card routine would confuse a bit. :P
[quote]
On 2004-09-12 16:35, Harwin wrote:
Yeah, I can agree to that Venomal, but De´vo has excperienced more as he has don't XCM for MANY years.
The bucks have only been active with it like 3-5 years I heard. But I agree, but I still like the material.

Again, the cuts are more aimed at magicians, doing a heaven display in an Ambitious card routine would confuse a bit. :P
[/quote]

lol Maybe if it magiccally appeared on top :P

In my opinion, if the creativity of such as the bucks and brian tudor are present, they should come up with original concepts, instead of coming up with "one more packet in between the fingers", then saying it's original.

Venomal
> if the creativity of such as the bucks and
> brian tudor are present, they should come
> up with original concepts, instead of
> coming up with "one more packet in between
> the fingers", then saying it's original.

As Harwin said, the age difference between the buck twins/Brian Tudor and De'vo/Jerry is very important...

If you've been "flourishing" for 5 years, you can't possibly have created as much original material than someone who's been flourishing for 30 years.

It's like comparing a musician who's been playing for 30 years and a musician who's been playing for 5 years and saying : "the first one has written more original songs than the second one"... doesn't make much sense don't you think ?
Harwin, I bought my CTG DVD from Ellusionist and I have access to the special forum with all of the bonuses. I loved CTG, I just reieved an E-mail confirmation From Xtremehandz saying that Jerry's Companion DVD to the Bible has been shipped to me and I'm on the Handlordz Forum everyday checking up on the progress of De and his Cobra Cut Project. Do I like the Buck's? The answer, yea kinda. I'm not really into the whole magic thing anymore which is why I'm glad there is no magic on their new DVD, it's all just cuts. While none of their material shows the pure imagination of De'vo or the pure fury of Jerry (Jerry is just sick with the card skills), there is no doubt in my mind the those kids do have skills with the cuts and I will be getting a copy of the system the first week it comes out so ya'll can look for an honest review from me when it is finally released. I'm thinkin' I'm gonna like it though, I've already seen all the moves just as long as they are taught well you probably won't hear very many bad things from me.
Hey guys, do remember to join the forum for some goodies! Hehe... I'm an admin there, no no worries.

All this talk about "sybil variations.." Bargh. Stereotype, stereotype, stereotype. In fact, out of the 2 dozen flourishes included in the DVD, only about 3 of them have anything to do with sybils at all!

I would more liken the system to "Packet Madness" NO ONE, and I can say this indefinitely, NO ONE can do this stuff like these guys. 360 Railslide, 00.327.0000 and all... some of the craziest stuff that just goes so fast and smooth, it's unbeleivable. And they're not just simple variations, either.. the brothers have worked hard on this one, and it will sure be a pleasure to watch.

Besides being probably the best cross artists on the planet, the twins are amazing film makers as well! All the editing and filming in the DVD is just breathtaking, to say the least.

I'm glad that Grumpy, Phantomace, and the rest of you guys who have these pre-perceived misconceptions are not getting the DVD, because it's just not your style! I best say we stick to our own styles, and not diss the other unless you have stepped into his shoes. Only then will you understand, only then.

Oh and yeah, remember: get your copies today, the rest of you guys!

-Kev
So I guess this means that you have actually seen the DVD right?lol don't think so. 2 handed pivot cuts and sybil variations. same difference.

jinx
Regardless of what ever you may think, the system is going to be tight. If you think its all sybils then fine, your lose. I think and know its going to be great.
How about....nobody makes any comments, until the ACTUAL DVD comes out? We could argue about what it MIGHT be all day, but that won't get anyone very far.
[quote]
On 2004-10-01 02:24, Jordini wrote:
How about....nobody makes any comments, until the ACTUAL DVD comes out? We could argue about what it MIGHT be all day, but that won't get anyone very far.
[/quote]
That's a good idea.
I preordered, but I'm begining to wonder if the thing I ordered has even been filmed yet!

No, I'm joking of course, but still - get a move on d&d!

Roman
I agree with Chris Keppel the Bucks dvd is goin to be tight and people need to shut there mouths
Lol.. "ok"
[quote]
On 2004-10-13 21:05, sinamon wrote:
people need to shut there mouths
[/quote]

What do you mean shut your mouths anyway, when have you ever heard us speaking, all we have done is use our fingers to tap on keys and produce letters and words, never spoke on here, ever...
I like cheese
I'm all for bashing...wait, let me rephrase that...

I don't mind "constructive criticism" of anything which is less than par (even if it is only that way in a particular person's eyes) but why don't we wait until someone has actually seen the DVD to start in with the bashing. That's all I ask. And LiquidSn, you BEST be talking about EXTRA SHARP CHEDDAR!
The System = Cheese
I like cheese too :)
Yeah cheese rulez. But when does that slice of cheese arive at some houses (but not my house ;))

Imp
Gotcha.. ;)
This dvd =rotten cheese
Your opinion of a DVD not even out yet = worthless
So cheese is worthless.......
Well maybe it's because I just woke up...
Imp
I agree with you pasteboard. I think some of these people are just trying to get a few more post by posting stupid garbage. Oh well, there lose, they most likely cant do any of the material anyway.
Hehe... remember what happened to Tupac and Notorious B.I.G?

They wouldn't stop dissing each other, and in the end they BOTH died. How sad.

Is it gonna happen again? :P

-Kev
I think that would be a little far fetched. I don't see any guys throwing up signs here..lol

is it a red card blue card thing?....lol

Drive by card springings....how bad will it get?
OFF TOPIC!:

"Drive by card springings....how bad will it get?"
LOL. Hilarious!

had to comment this. even if it's off topic
Boy oh boy. You can't even post a single joke in here. And why should I want more posts? This is the only subforum in here, so I don't care about the rest.
It's almost like a classroom........

Well let's get back to the topic: The DVD.
Already any news on that one?

Imp
Imp.... everything is out the Bucks hands as of right now. They sent out the master DVD weeks ago only to be told that there were problems with it. They re-sent another master over 2 weeks ago and are simply waiting on the finished product. They are hoping for its release shortly (next week or the following). More details can obviously be found on their site or forum.

S.Segal
Hey IMP, I was just jokin man, I know the amount of post don't matter. I was just farting around anyway. You can make all the jokes you want. Im alwasys up for a laugh. Anyway, thanks for the update Segal. I cant wait to check it out. I know your good friends with D@D so I'm sure you seen it and know the dvd rocks. Since Dan or Dave really doesn't get on the Café can you sort of keep us posted on all the recent news. Thanks man.
Buy if you think its good, and obviously leave it alone if you don't.
1. Give anyone that produces a DVD/Products the due respect, its not easy.
2. Why dissing and give mean comments on what's obviously not seen by.
3. The community isn't really too big, if the dissing and war stuffs keep coming around. It's gotta be so tiring. Why not spend the time practising/training than to sit in front of the computer and dissing one each other.
4. Personal view: Only people that had bought/own/seen the products are entitled to give their most sincere views/comments.{For those people that posted untrue/false comments, its a sin.:dizzy: The DAMAGE was prevent people from getting their handz on a(real good, but degraded by competitor's ******** comments product), they are not here to help, just here to kill products}
*All mentioned above are not my comment/review of "The System". Just didn't like the way things go.

Anyway,

I'am not a great fan of D&D, I don't even own any of their products.
What I have/owned are all stuffs from SuperHandz/HL.
Their stuffs still rocks my world. They are the best as far as I had come across.(Just my personal opinion) Plz don't start another "Who's the BEST, who's better" dissing again.
But I wouldn't mind buying D&D products if I had got the money, I always place my prioriy on SuperHandz's products. But WAIT. O'ya.. .. I'am banned from SuperhandZ.lol.:crazydude: (Don't ASK me why)

So./......:goodluck:

Peace,
S;KING:bat:
How come the bucks one handed fans are so ****ty?
Fingerfit,
when you have half the skill the bucks have, come back and talk crap. (yes, because I HAVE seen your videos)

If you want to go ruin a good peaceful thread, go and do it somewhere else. NOT here. I haven't seen any handlordz threads attacked by people who like the Bucks' work and I believe we deserve the same respect in return. Period. If you have nothing constructive to say, just get the crap out of this thread. Jeez.

Anyway, the dvds are out of the Bucks' hands and it's up to the printers to duplicate the dvds fast and send them out for shipment. The Bucks have already kindly apologised for the delays experienced, and the wait won't be much longer. ;) And it'll be entirely worth it...
[quote]
On 2004-10-24 05:29, brokenfinger wrote:
[/quote]
Im with CLJ get out of this thread if you have nothing positive to say. Lets see some of your video's and see how great you are? Or are you just jumping the "Lets bash the Bucks new DVD" bandwagon. Bucks are amazing at what they do, face it. I cant wait for "The System" to arrive at my door and neither can a lot of people, so stop ruining these threads.
[quote]
On 2004-10-24 05:29, brokenfinger wrote:
[/quote]

WAHAHAHHA... true. But still, if you ever tried doing a fan with a deck of Jerries, you'll understand.

Anyways, some news is due soon. Hope I can give y'all an update... peace

-Kev
Jerrys don't spread very well when you one hand spread with them.

Most people will never be able to enjoy the feeling of a crappy fan due to the fact that you are using Jerrys. They are great for so many other things though.
It has arrived...n-o m-o-r-e w-a-i-t-i-n-g

Go check out the full Channel 14 trailer while you're at it too. ;)
The packaging looks sick! The countdown till it arrives on my doorstep has started.
Checked the trailer- All this non-sense should stop when they discover girls. :dancing:

Yes, they can handle a pack of cards, but it's so boring.
Idiot Chris

Roman
[quote]
On 2004-10-26 04:51, Roman wrote:
Idiot Chris

Roman
[/quote]

Hey, man, where have you been? That article you sent me rocked. Greatly appreciated!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...cough....hahahahaha

IDIOT CHRIS

Look man you find Michael Ammar interesting, and the Bucks boring. WTF man? LOL

Roman
Okay, now that the little altercation there is over, let's move on back to the main topic. ;)

It's gonna be a very happy pre-Christmas for all flourish/XCM guys out there... the System finally arriving and following that De'vo's Cobra Collection. :)
Ammar is intresting. :P

Its nice, will start shipping in 4 days, ill probably have it in 1-2 weeks now.
Roman knows Ammar rocks! He's just teasing me. Ammar was learning from The Professor when the Bucks weren't even in diapers yet.

Roman, I still appreciated the article you sent me. I had no idea Guy Holligsworth was that tall!
[quote]
On 2004-10-26 08:24, MagicChris wrote:
Ammar was learning from The Professor when the Bucks weren't even in diapers yet.

[/quote]

I would hope so seeing that Ammar is in his 40's and the bucks are only in there 20's
[quote]
On 2004-10-26 15:34, Chris Keppel wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-10-26 08:24, MagicChris wrote:
Ammar was learning from The Professor when the Bucks weren't even in diapers yet.

[/quote]

I would hope so seeing that Ammar is in his 40's and the bucks are only in there 20's

[/quote]
Hey Chris... the Bucks are only 19.

S.Segal
All I have to say is that this DVD should be very good considering the people who worked on it..Chris Kenner who even De'Vo respects and so does a bunch of other magicians, Homer Liwag who is like Chris Kenner's good friend and is also one of the top magicians, Paul Wilson, Chris Korn, Nate Kranzo, Lee Asher, a bunch of talented guys worked on this and you can expect nothing but the best from a team like that. And I'm pretty sure the Bucks had some good influences and help on their cuts by these guys. So I hope you guys get this DVD.
Christian
Hey Syd.

Hmm, I thought they were 20 already. Still you know where I'm coming from. Hey Pm me if you have any new info on that dvd you were telling me about. Im going to for sure pick me up a copy. Later

Kepp
Jonathan Bayme would blow the bucks out of the water in a flourish contest!!
Yeah, onto the ground, and he would fall into it himself, right?

Hehe, I haven´t seen much from Jonathan bayme, only that ellusionist cut,
it didn't flow well in my opinion so I have no big expectations.
Never heard of the Jonathan guy.
Never heard of the Jonathan guy either.
I mean, I know some no names that have mad skills, but I would never say they were better then the bucks or tudor, so on. I know they could be classified as right there with them.
[quote]
On 2005-01-22 05:30, MagicChris wrote:
Jonathan Bayme would blow the bucks out of the water in a flourish contest!!
[/quote]

Lol. How can you say that Chris? Have you seen the both live in action?
Who cares if one can blow the other out of the water, this isn't a competition, and I don't think they released their dvd to prove they are better... Im sure there are some folks out there that can compete with De'vo, but I don't think he released his dvd's to say that he's better than many out there...
Just to let people know that are waiting for their replacement Dvd from the Buks,I just recieved mine today!
Jonathan Bayme is a godo performer but he wouldnt stand a chance iwth the BUcks let alone De'Vo.