(Close Window)
Topic: How can I cover me
I'm planing to do a comedy routine with the airmail bag the problem is that I need a cover and I work without assistants. I'm afraid that in some moment the espectators can take a look inside the cabinet if they are holding it, and a more sophisticated cabinet is not practical to me. I need something very practical. Any idea?

Darío
Yes

Don't use the cover.

In the Novak book on the mail bag he gives other ideas.

Years ago when I did the Abbott's bag I noticed I could "twist/roll" the bar until the lock came inside the bag. So I never used the gimmic again, I just picked the lock.

You can cover this with your body and the way you roll on the stage.

However, DO keep in mind you can't see anything while you are going this and it can lead to problems with jerks in the audience.

Twisted testicle!

Never forget those words!

Mark
Message: Posted by: Dr_Stephen_Midnight (Sep 17, 2004 09:07AM)
I used two, nested bags. After being locked in the mailbag, a second cloth bag would be pulled up over me, mailbag and all, and tied shut with an 18" length of pliable nylon rope, which can be untied easily through the cloth of the bag.
After getting out of the mailbag and getting it 'back in order,' you untie the outer bag and emerge triumphant.
If you roll around and such, you look a little like the caterpillar from The Mummenschanz.

Steve
Thanks very much, great help folks!

Is the Novak book still available.Where can I find it?

If someone have another idea to sugest it will be well recive....

Darío
I also use a nested bag.

The only difference is that on the second bag, I use a piece of wire (it's about 8" long, and has a crimped look at either end).

I secure it with a [url=http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/padlocks.html]SIGHT-UNSEEN INSPECTABLE COMBINATION PADLOCK[/url].

To escape from the second bag, my hand finds the lock, then set I have to persuade it to open. :)

James
Yep do it without cover, plenty of movement with the neck of the bag away from the audience, it works a treat. You can also do this in front of a truck or roller heading toward you (You get plenty of visibility) So no worries.