(Close Window)
Topic: Stop the animated GIF madness
This is a tip for those of you who are annoyed with all the animated GIFs in messages. For example, I get bothered by six spinning quarters in a row.

Simply press the "Esc" key to stop the action and read in peace.
I don't know, Steve, I think one of the things that makes the cafe different is the fact that we can play around and be light hearted. Other forums and digests are very formal and rigid. Most of us use the smileys to illustrate a point. I suppose we could start capitalizing the words but what fun is that. If the smileys really bother you, it's good you found a solution.

Dave
I agree with topsinmagic, those smiles just make our posts better!
-Alan
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Aug 23, 2002 03:16AM)
I agree! GIFs are just a way to express our personality.
Agreed, but string 30+ animated gifs into one post and it can lead to epileptic fits in even the hardiest of us. Just use them with care..... 6 spinning coins in a row the other day made me a little lightheaded.
Hi Nae

I totally agree. One coin would be plenty. Six is way to much.

Duncan
Too much of anything is a bad thing. A gif here and there is great to express a feeling. I think an exception is reading Tora's welcome messages to new arrivals. It's always interesting to me to see just how many cups of coffee he can get on one message but that's expected. Gifs in other posts should be used in moderation.

Dave