(Close Window)
Topic: Square to circle routine
Hi to all!
This is my first official mail after the greetings!
Basically I works in kid shows (hobby) and I think the for this kind of show one of the most important thing is the presentation of the routine.
I’m not sure to be become a quite good performer for now but I think that in this years I improved my-self a lot. With this word I mean that all that situation created with children like the breakway wand or the nest of wand ….are fantastic for them (I’ve done some examples because I don’t know how to translate that kind of situation in English, sorry!).
One of the props that I’ve never used is the “circle to square”. Since I got it I didn’t find a good presentation of it that satisfy me. Unfortunately I don’t like to use it only as a gag of some second.
So I think to use it as gag with kids in the same manner as, for example, the break wave wand.
I give the circle to the kid say “Can you keep one moment this cirle” I change into square without looking and then surprised to see him with a square in his hand. Then I take again the square re-changing it into circle and so on creating an hilarious comedy.
But I think there are some problem:
- First the change (in particular from square to circle) is not so fast.
- Then when I gave the prop to the child it “fall down” meaning that it doesn’t stay in the right position as square (sorry for translate, I hope you understand!!).
Does any of you use it and try some routine as the one above explained?

Bye Bye
Ste
You should be careful with this item and kids, as they can get their fingers pinched in it. (so can you) Its definatly a flash performance type of thing. I have used it with small tabletop items to make a special "magic space" on the table. Some one told me that they saw a guy with doves use it for a apearance and perch.

Dont let the kids handle it. Nothing would be worse than to have a kid injured by one of your props. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: