(Close Window)
Topic: hello!
Hi,

My name’s Martin, I’m 29, and returning to practicing / performing magic (after a long break) simply for the sheer love of it. I’d site my early teen-age influences as Jay Sankey / Richard Sanders, Paul Harris, J.C Wagner, Larry Jennings, Jerry Sadowitz, Peter Duffie, Stephen Tucker, Vernon and Marlo...not forgetting the classics; Bobo’s Coin Magic, Royal Road, etc.

My claim to fame so far – slips back a decade - to when I illustrated a book for Martin Breese, written by Peter Duffie entitled, ‘Applications.’ I did this whilst attending Art College (fill in the memory gaps...please!), an excellent book, still residing proudly in my portfolio and C.V. (Résumé).

By the age of nineteen, I found myself performing the odd table hopping gig, plus a couple of stage shows...but then drifted away from the magic scene. Why? Really, I’m not certain! I guess the cupboard marked ‘miscellaneous life hurdles’ (hitting twenty and all its woes) took precedence. However, inside; a passion for the art always remained...especially when someone would thrust a pack of cards in my paws down the pub.

I’m back with a humble returnee-thing. I have NO knowledge of the current magic world status; its recent trends, controversies and favourites. I’ve been lurking in the wings of the Magic Café for nearly two weeks, and it seems like a great site, championing the art of magic; so I really do look forward to participating.

Cheers!

Martin
:)
Welcome back and if you need any thing please let us know. I am a close up worker. Any thing you need close up.
:dance:
Welcome, Martin. You'll find many here who share your interests. Pull up a chair, and have a free day-old donut. (Okay, I don't have fine Turkish coffee on hand like our friend, Tora...)
:donut5:
Glad to have you at the cafe, Martin. The menu has much to choose from. I'm sure you'll be well fed. Most of us have gone through the no magic phase and have come back. Feel free to ask questions. We're all here to learn. While you browsing, have a cup of coffee :hotcoffee: and a donut on my bill. I'm sure Tora's turkish coffee is on the way.

Dave :magicrabbit:
Hi Martin! No doubt you'll find all of the recent trends, and handles on classic material you'll enjoy.
Hi martin

Welcome to the fora. Have fun here

Duncan
Welcome to the Cafe.
Welcome aboard, Martin.
You'll find that the second time the magic bug bits is far more effective -- and permanent -- that the first.
Glad you made it here!
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Thank-you all for your gracious welcome!
Welcome to the cafe my magical friend. Nice to have your around!

Hope to see your posts soon! :coffee: :hamburger:
Welcome Friend Martin!

Being one like you, who left magic for a number of years, I find this place the best place for a proper homeconing to the art!

I am sure that you too, will feel at home here.

Glad you decided to join us.

BroDavid
You and I would have much in common. I took a break as well. If magic is a part of who you are, do not ever let go of it, it is a gift!