(Close Window)
Topic: Convention on Magic History
Does anyone know about the Convention on Magic History? I read about it periodically in magazines but I don't really see a web site or know when the next one is being held. Is it open to the public? And when is the next one being held?

Thanks for any information!
Evan,

There is no web site you can visit, unfortunately. The Magic Collectors' Association holds a convention every year, usually in Chicago. In 2005, however, the MCA convention will be held in Las Vegas. If you would like to join the MCA, contact David Meyer at magic.collectors.assoc@worldnet.att.net. All members are welcome to attend the convention, and membership (which includes a subscription to a wonderful quarterly magazine, "Magicol") only costs $25! WELL worth it.

The Los Angeles Conference on Magic History is held every other year, and attendance is on an invitation-only basis. The Conference is run by Jim Steinmeyer. Sorry I can't provide more info on this one.

Best,

Gabe Fajuri
If you collect magic or like it's history, then you have to join Magicol. Gabe is right on target.
By all means join Magicol, I think you will find it worth your time.
Thanks for the advice - I hadn't heard of Magicol. I'll join that, I'm quite curious about it!

-Evan
Feel free to contact me if you want to talk about history stuff. It needs to be continued on.
I write an article in each issue of Magicol, called what is it? You can submit a photo of a piece of magic you possess and the members will fill in the missing pieces. that might be worth the small investment of just $25.00 per year. The magazine carries many, many interesting articles--Terry Harris
It may be difficult to get in to the Collector's Weekend at this late date. The registration for this one is limited.
I believe on or about 5 June, In paris, there is going to be a HUGE Collector's Convention. Do a google search for "georges proust" (without the " marks) and I think you will find it.
As of last week, there were 22 registrations left out of 250. You'll have to act fast.

Good Luck,
Kevin
Is there another way to contact Mr. Meyer? I have tried e-mailing him at the address above and it keeps getting bounced back saying the address is temporarily suspended.

Appreciate any insight.

Michael
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (May 10, 2005 11:44AM)
Call Magic Inc.

They have everyone phone #.

I have his # but am not sure
where its at this moment.
I think the working e-mail address for the MCA is magic.collectors@sbcglobal.net. I know Mr. Meyer is busy but I'm sure he'll find the time to respond to serious membership inquiries. Clay
You need to delete the period at the end of the e-mail address.