(Close Window)
Topic: From Portland OR, fairly new to magic
Hi, I've been studying magic off and on for a couple years now. My main interest is in manipulation, mainly balls, coins, and cards. I'm at the point now where I'm learning as much as I can, and practicing many of the basic sleights...but I'm not at the point yet where I can put together my own routines and do impromptu routines in front of an audience. I'd like to get good at most of the basic sleights and then start working on actually performing tricks.

You'll see me mostly in the coin, card, and stage manipulation forums.
Welcome to the Cafe. Practicing the basics is the best place to start. enjoy. :clownonball:
Hi Brad,
Great picture, is that a drawing ??
Welcome, you've come to the right place.
Many willing, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you, and I'm sure your posts will help others too. Sit back, relax,
and hope you will feel welcomed here. Here, have a hamburger and a Pepsi while you browse :hungry: :pepsi:
David Paul..... would you like fries with that??
Welcome Friend Brad!

Portland seems like a real hot bed of magic!

We already have a number of fine members form there, and you are also welcome.

BroDavid
Davidpaul...thanks. And yes, it is a drawing. That's what I do in my spare time, when I'm not practicing magic. ;)

BroDavid...good, I'm looking to meet more magicians! And it does seem that there are quite a few from Portland. My next question is how can I find out about all the magicians and magic shows in my area...but I'm not sure which forum to post the question on since there are like 50 forums here!
Welcome aboard, Brad.
You'll find plenty of other magicians willing to share on this, the best magic board on the 'net.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Brad,
You draw like that in your SPARE time. Boy, I don't know, looks like a full time profession to me. You are good.....
David Paul
Actually that is more of my full time job...I just got a new website up at brads-art@brads-art.com So if you liked that one, check out my other stuff. ;)

I'm gonna try to do some magic related paintings and drawings eventually...I've got some contact juggling stuff like the one you see.
Welcome to the Cafe Brad,

You've got some nice work on that site of yours. But the site should be http://brads-art.com
You just gave us your email address.

Cheers,
dchung
Welcome
dchung, thank you, you are correct. I got in a hurry and put my e-mail instead. Thanks for correcting me. :)
Welcome to The Magic Cafe Brad,

It's great to welcome you here. You are really going to love the Cafe, good people, good advice, and good coffee!

Please be sure to read the FAQ and the Cafe Rules and Etiquette before you begin posting. It will make your visits more enjoyable.

Glad to have you in the family!

Joe Marotta
Great to have you at the Cafe, thanks for joining our magic family.
:hotcoffee:
Welcome to the Magic Cafe!
Welcome!!
Welcome Brad , I sure will check out your website. Great drawing. Check out Michael Ammar Card Miracles,there all good.
Welcome to the cafe!
Sounds like your on the right road...
Good luck
:magicrabbit:
Welcome Brad,
I see you are an artist.
I hope you will enjoy your stay. Have some coffee and donuts on me.

Dolini :patty: :hotcoffee:
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Aug 27, 2002 03:50AM)
Howdy, Brad! :magicrabbit:
Hey!

Welcome...I am a new user as well....

I lived in P-Land for 4 years...there is a magic shop at Lloyd Center. (I'm sorry I don't know the name) Check 'em out. Quite a few magicians hang there.

Peace
See you shortly Brad. Welcome to the Cafe!!

:angel: