(Close Window)
Topic: Mario Manzini
Mario Manzini "Guinness World Champion Ecapologist" will be attempting to break his Guinness World Escape Record by ecaping from a Strait-jacket supplied by the Boone County Sheriffs Dept and also at the same time have a pair of Hinge Police Handcuffs supplied & locked on his hands by Chief of Police Randy Bohem.
Manzini will then be hosted upside down over the payment in down town Columbia, MO 100 feet in the air after the length of rope that his ankles are tied to, to the end of the crane is saturated with gasoline and set on fire. The rope is set to burn in two within a minute or less.
Manzini must escape from the CHALLENGE Sheriffs Dept Strait-Jacket & Police Hinge Handcuffs and get lowered back to the ground in less than a minute before the rope burns through sending him crashing head first onto the pavement below. No Saftey Net or Air Bag will be used.
If he survives this stunt, he will be performing his eloborate stage show "A Tribute To Houdini" at the Historic Missouri Theatre Performing Arts Center in downtown Columbia, MO. on Fri evening, Oct 29th.
His finale in the show after all of the escapes and Illusions will be the water filled locked giant Milk Can while heavily shackled, chained & handcuffed.
Manzini is offering $ 5,000 in cash to any police officer who can supply any type of handcuff of their own and lock them on Manzini. If he should fail to escape in less than 20 seconds, the $ 5,000 cash reward will go the the Police Officer who supplies and locks the handcuffs on Manzini behind his back.
EXTRA! The handcuffs may be HINGED cuffs and double locked. Manzini will attempt this Challenge escape during his stage show on the night of Oct 29th in FULL VIEW OF THE AUDIENCE after a nude search behind a drape to make sure that he is not concealing any tools to aid him in his escape attempt.
Cool!
What a great (and dangerous) idea. I wish I could be there to watch this event. Hopefully, all will go as planned and Mario will once again be triumphant!

Break a chain Mario!
Rather him than me, sounds pretty heavy, but great publicity all round, good luck.
Message: Posted by: Steve Baker - Mr.Escape (Oct 20, 2004 07:41AM)
Mario,

Way to go!!!
Hope your publicity stunt goes as planed!
Great to see a Pro at work,pull this off
and you'll have a packed house on the 29th!

Wish I could be there to cheer you on, All
my best wishes for a safe escape, and a packed
house Friday night!

Good luck, Mario

May You Always Escape,

Steve Baker
Dear Mario, all the best with the escape. All eyes will be one you and some maybe on the new assistant, thanks for the photo. Please have it video taped so I can see it.

All the best

Ian
It was Mario taught me the SJ and other bits way back in the early 60's....these days I can't hardly hang my head over the couch or get up off the floor with out it hurtin' somewhere..."Go Mario" from the deepest part of my heart is my understatement of the year to a true all around entertainer and trooper.

I hope this ALL gets on tape and made available!

Doug
Best of luck from both of us. We were honored to have met and spend time with you this past year.

Kevin & Kristen
Mario

Best wishes. Sounds great!!

Riley
Go for it.
Best of luck with both the show and the escape.
Best of luck to you Mario! I'm betting you can do it!
Good luck and a big thumbs up :)
Heard it was a great success. Way to go Mario!

Don
Message: Posted by: GreatWizardoftheEast (Oct 30, 2004 11:36AM)
Just got my magicmasters thing in the mail. Mario is selling lecture notes and a video. I just put my order in. It's going to be cool to see Mario on video. I hope he does more.
Message: Posted by: GreatWizardoftheEast (Oct 30, 2004 11:36AM)
Just got my magicmasters thing in the mail. Mario is selling lecture notes and a video. I just put my order in. It's going to be cool to see Mario on video. I hope he does more.
How much is the video and what are the contents of it. Don,
Message: Posted by: GreatWizardoftheEast (Oct 30, 2004 06:20PM)
The notes are $25 the lecture video is $35. I think the tape covers handcuff escapes at least that's what the ad says.
At least their affordable. any idea what the notes might contain.
Hope they don't cost $110.00

Don
I don't think so. $110.00 is the highest I have seen for a dvd. I also bought shade at wal-mart today for $5.50 others spent about $20.00 on this a few months ago. and the movie was only in the theatres a short time.
Well I just got back from spending the weekend with Manzini. The Friday night Houdini Tribute show went great and it lasted over 2 hours. I MCed the show and did some comedy magic as filler during the scene and costume changes, as well as assisting Mario with some of the escapes and illusions. It was great performing on the same stage as one of my idols, and I learned a lot about escapes, and performing in general. I also had the opportunity to watch the footage of the burning rope SJ escape, as well as Mario's lecture video, which I highly recommend. The video is basically the lecture that Mario gave at the Indy convention last year, but without being cut short. Mario covers different aspects of performing many escapes but the feature is on escaping from handcuffs in a law enforcement challenge situation. The tape is done in a very casual style and you get the feel like you are hanging out with Mario in his back yard while he regals you with stories of his more than 40 years experience in the business as well as all the tricks of the trade that he picked up, the hard way, along the way. This will be the first in a series of lecture tapes that Mario will be offering.
Mario told me that he tried to get on the Café last week to thank everyone for all of the kind words and support shown to him but met with some technical difficulties, so he asked me to relay the message of thanks. He also said that he will try to get the SJ footage and the newspaper clippings on his website as soon as he figures out how to get it done. I'll keep everyone updated as I get more information.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
How does one acquire these videos and why cut someone short.
There were a lot of restrictions placed on us at the convention based on the fact that we were attached to the Lock show. This is one of the reasons that Mark Cannon has decided to detach the convention from the lock show and go it alone next year. You can contact Manzini directly for his DVD at MARMANZINI@aol.com. Mario's a great guy and loves to hear from other EAs. Mention my name if you like.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Tony Will Do. Since its in Cali it will be hard for me to Drive out there or even be driven out there. one person mentioned that the others might like to see the BackPack that I have.
I would have liked to see it myself but maybe at Houdini Days.
Maybe I was going to do it for the competition but. 5 minutes for it No Way I have a Funny Routine and I don't want to cut any of it short I need to do a video soon so I'll let you know.
I know that there was a competition the first year but it did not take place this year. I'm not sure what the plans are for next year. Tony Parisi
This year was the 2nd houdini days going on.