(Close Window)
Topic: Self-working Card Tricks by Karl Fulves
I've been into card magic for a while (couple months tops) but I decided to give this first book a whirl and boy was I surprised. Even though most of the tricks may seem simple, to my amazement, they still hit the specs pretty hard. Anyone else got any opinions on this or the 2nd book of the series?

Magically Yours,
Todd
I use/teach "Quick as a Wink" all the time. Quite simple and maximum impact for the work involved. Proof that you don't have to be a knuckle-buster to get results.
I would like to add here just on very brilliant saying: "Everything simple is actually brilliant" :)
More Self Working Card Tricks is even better than the first one! When my shop was open it sold better than 3 to 1 over the first! You'll like it. Best,

Brad Burt
http://www.magicshop.com
There's a 3rd volume in the series also. The real beauty of this and most other self-working tricks is to add some sleight back into them as you learn more and more and really have some baffling material.
I have most of the Karl Fulves self working series and they are superb books to have in your library
Yes the self working books are very good. I have the cards and also the mental book.
I have used items from both books to make one routine.
I have both volumes, currently working through "MORE Self-Working Card Tricks". I've identified about 15 I like and fit my style. There are some real gems here. One I particularly like says, "The routine has not previously appeared in print." Buried treasure, anyone?
Lots of great stuff in this book. Add a bit of simple sleight-of-hand to some of these tricks to enhance their impact.