(Close Window)
Topic: Steve Baker/Red Von Connection
OK, before everyone jumps down my neck, I am just passing along a rumor I recently heard from a fellow in the UK about Steve Baker and Red Von. It seems this Red Von is actually Steve Bakers protege and the two are working together on some new escapes, which I'm told pack the same punch and may even surpass the spectacular escape stunts that Baker was famous for. I for one find this rumor to be very interesting and intriguing to say the least, and if true, should be something to see down the road. What makes this all the more intriguing is the complete silence of Baker when asked any questions and the mystery surrounding Red Von. I know I have been a little hard hitting in the past about Steve Baker and Red Von, but the prospect of seeing something new and spectacular in this field would be a breath of fresh air in my opinion anyway. Has anyone else heard anything along these same lines?

Don Randini
I havent heard anything but would like to see what is new.
Yeah, would definitely like to see some new big escape stunts.

Don
I consider Steve Baker to be a man of princible and honour so I very much doubt that he would be in any way involved with the likes of Red Von.
With the likes of Red Von? Most interesting comment Kondini. Care to elaborate? I've never heard anything bad about the guy myself, but hey, everyone has a different story I'm sure.

Don
No comment, wouldn`t waste the time or space.
Don't stop now Kondini. You brought it up! Hmmm, sounds like an ego thing to me.

Don Randini
I am coming up to retirement,having nothing to prove or ego to hold.But as a person I can choose who I wish to associate myself with or otherwise,that`s it.No further comment.Made without predujice, my own opinion.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Fair enough Kondini. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion for sure! Just was a odd choice of words and sounds a bit like a bruised ego, but that is just my opinion.

Don Randini

What ever the story is, I say bring on Baker and Von and lets see something new for a change.

Don Randini
I say just give it time and see what happens. if Kondini don't want to post anything about it. that's up to him posting about something can lead to a big argument which a lot of people have been avoiding and getting along.
Whos arguing???

Don
No Ones Arguing Yet. but it usally Leads to Arguments.
Interesting Thread - I'll let you know if I hear anything!

Red Von
Your a funny guy Red Von. I challenge you to appear at the next escape artist convention. What do you say to that?

Don Randini
Don Randini what is up that your so interested in meeting Red Von.
Just trying to put some rumors to rest! Seeing is believing correct?

Don Randini
Yes but don't forget Curiosity Killed the Cat be Careful. there are others informing others as well. Be Careful.
Be careful of what?

Don
[quote]
On 2004-12-15 12:42, Don Randini wrote:
OK, before everyone jumps down my neck, I am just passing along a rumor I recently heard from a fellow in the UK about Steve Baker and Red Von. It seems this Red Von is actually Steve Bakers protege and the two are working together on some new escapes, which I'm told pack the same punch and may even surpass the spectacular escape stunts that Baker was famous for. I for one find this rumor to be very interesting and intriguing to say the least, and if true, should be something to see down the road. What makes this all the more intriguing is the complete silence of Baker when asked any questions and the mystery surrounding Red Von. I know I have been a little hard hitting in the past about Steve Baker and Red Von, but the prospect of seeing something new and spectacular in this field would be a breath of fresh air in my opinion anyway. Has anyone else heard anything along these same lines?

Don Randini
[/quote]

I speak to Mr. Baker every week or so.

I know of no connection between them or even who Red Von is. I also know of no personal student to Steve at this time, other than e-mail assistance.

As to new escapes, with only two exceptions, all the new ones I have given to Steve, and he LOVES, I put right here in the forum. Didn't seem to be much interest here, so I don't do that now.

Yes, we were working on a project and still are, but some bumps in the road have slowed things down a bit.
If anyone wants to establish the identity of a person hiding behind a mask,you can do so via their own e-mail address,providing you can proove (Print out of e-mails etc)That derogatory statements have been aimed at yourself.First you get a Solicitor to contact the mail provider who in turn will be required by law to act on such notification. The details are then Policed by an arbitory internet Police authority who in turn will enforce whatever action is deemed required. If your claim is proven you will receive notification of the mailer,either the phone line number or name of the biller to that number.With this info you can do a White Pages serch or reverse lookup to find all the details you require.
Quote :
I speak to Mr. Baker every week or so.

I know of no connection between them or even who Red Von is. I also know of no personal student to Steve at this time, other than e-mail assistance.

Mark, are you saying Steve Baker tells you everything? Just because you have been told nothing or know of any connection, does not make it so! If my sources are correct, I suspect you will be proven wrong at some point. There are some people on this very forum who do in fact know of a Baker/Von connection. Why they don't come right out and say it, is beyond me! Steve Baker has not denied any connection to Red Von! Has Steve Baker ever denied any connection to you Mark? A simple solution will solve the whole matter. To Steve Baker, do you know who Red Von is? Yes or No? The question could not be more simple! It would be nice to hear from Steve Baker on this one.

Don Randini
<<<Mark, are you saying Steve Baker tells you everything?>>>

I would say, in as much as I am working on the bio of his life, that he does.

<<< Just because you have been told nothing or know of any connection, does not make it so!>>>

No more so than what you say either.

<<<If my sources are correct, I suspect you will be proven wrong at some point.>>>

Possible, but unlikely.

<<<There are some people on this very forum who do in fact know of a Baker/Von connection. Why they don't come right out and say it, is beyond me!>>>

Perhaps because once public, it can be questioned as I have?

<<<Steve Baker has not denied any connection to Red Von! Has Steve Baker ever denied any connection to you Mark?>>>

He says he knows who he is. He told me the name. I have never heard of him. Now, define "connection". What ever Red posts is not under the direction of Mr. Baker. They are not the same person as you claimed before. Is knowing someone a connection? What you have infered is simply not the truth.

<<<A simple solution will solve the whole matter. To Steve Baker, do you know who Red Von is? Yes or No>>

As I said, yes, he knows the name, they have had a vew e-mails.

<<<The question could not be more simple! It would be nice to hear from Steve Baker on this one. >>>

Remember, silly stuff like this drove him off the boards so no one will hear from him.

Mark Tripp

As a PS to this, I just got an interesting PM from Mr. Randini. Needless to say he is upset.

Remember that first, Baker and Red Von were suposed to be the same person. Now there is a secret "connection". I can't address that unless we define it.

After all, we are all "connected" in some way.

How any of this makes anyone more money, or improves their performance is beyond me....

...but people tend to settle on what they do best.
I thought Don Randini left the Café???
He was here to PM me..... On Christmas Eve no less.
Santa Must of Brought Him Back :) that must be a Clause.