(Close Window)
Topic: Good starter hypnosis reading material?
Hi,

I want to get more information on hypnotism etc.

I have "Practical Hypnotism" by x. "Woolf" I think, which is ok, but it's a bit thin, just a bunch of routines - some of which (the medical routines) are a bit dated.
Thanks,
Get Robert Baker's book "They call it hypnosis". That will give you a better understanding about it and then get a copy of Prmand McGill's New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis" which will then help you more.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/abstagecraft
There are a few good new ebooks out also that can be of interest for the beginnger Stage Hypnotist.

Google Alexander Duvall

Wayne Perkins

they both have good ebooks.
New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis - Ormond McGill
Inside Secrets of Stage Hypnotism - Jerry Valley
Complete Idiots Guide to Hypnosis
Hypnotherapy (formerly Findings in Hypnosis) - Dave Elman
I went to Ebay to check out what they had in regards to hypnosis and came across Bill O'Connell's products. Has anyone ever read through his booklets/CDs and can you recommend him?
Bill has a complete course that covers a lot. It won't give you all the answers but it will give you many. But I caution you not to buy into his garbage about doing your first stage show seven days after studying his course. It won't happen. I will recommend it, but I don't believe he markets it the way he did when I bought it. Mine came with his stage hypnosis package, marketing package and flash cards all in one. I believe he sells them all seperately now. So what I am recommending is based on your getting all three products.