(Close Window)
Topic: Silk Prices
Does anyone know where to get silks (24") under $7? I need to buy many for an idea that I have and want to save some money. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Evan
Why $7 specifically? Remember, you get what you pay for!
I have seen silks around the 7 dollar range and nothing lower, any recommendations? Im currently looking at the ones at thetrickery.com, seem really good.
Take a trip to the Far East.
Hi Evan:

I think $7.00 per silk is about the best you're going to get, unless you find somebody on ebay clearing out their stock. Laflin Magic, which usually has the most inexpensive prices on silk, charges $8.00 per 24 inch silk. The Trickery is a good company, so the quality should be decent - keep in mind that the silks will probably be a thin quality which means they won't last as long as a thicker silks (which will cost you much more). But this can be a good thing because they take up less space when you pack more of them into a load chamber.

Unless you're really hard on them, they will still last you a long time.

Ron
You should try magic auction. They have 2- 24" for $10, or 8-24" for $37.50...
http://www.magicauction.com/Mag_auc/Silks.htm
Can you use the new 24" (rated) diamond silks. They are less expensive. Buy the 18" which is considered to be the same as a 24" silk in length.

It is hard to advise as you do not mention if you which to display each silk or compress them or what?
Hey again,

The silks cannot be diamonds as I am producing a bottle from them. What do you think of Rice silks? I know they are expensive but I hear they are the best!

Any thoughts welcome,

Evan
We have Silks 24" at 4,75$ AIRMAIL INCLUDED.

arve
[quote]
On 2005-01-01 08:59, Ron Reid wrote:
Laflin Magic, which usually has the most inexpensive prices on silk, charges $8.00 per 24 inch silk. Ron
[/quote]

Thanks for the information Ron, I have needed some new practice silks and didn't know of that site. Laflin is priced really well!

MM
Diamond silks are great for cover when used in a production. You stated you are using more then one. Then these will work just fine.

Rice and P&A are the best as well as Hughes for full size silks.
Hey,

I just ordered some full size 24" Rice silks. They are way beyond my expectations! Thanks for the advice.
Quality never goes out of style!

Enjoy!

Bob
Magic By Sander