(Close Window)
Topic: Rollin's Ringo
On one of his TV specials, David Copperfield vanished a lady's ring and made it appear around the stem of an hour glass (he called it a family heirloom). To vanish the ring he used a jewelry box. A ribbon was passed through the ring and the ring was then placed in a slot inside the box and the box was closed. The lady held the ends of the ribbon. David then pulled the ribbon out of the box and then opened the box. The ring had vanished!

I read a similar description for a trick called Rollin's Ringo and bought it. However, I am disappointed with it because, I cannot vanish a ring as smoothly as David did. Since I had taped that show I saw the trick several times and still David's handling appears to be different from that described in Rollin's Ringo. Am I doing something wrong? Is Rollin's Ringo different from the trick David performed?
It sounds like Bruno's ring vanish from the late 1960s. It was sold as a borrowed finger ring vanishing from a ring box and reappearing on a wand type, Oriental letter opener. I bought mine at Tannen's when it first came out. I believe many of Bruno's effects have been in print but can't give a source.
Best wishes,
Steve