(Close Window)
Topic: M&Ms
Once I was at this party and they had M&Ms, everyone knew that I was a magician and I was asked to do a trick and I had nothing on me, so I picked up some M&Ms and I did this whole routine with them, vanishes, color changes, it was really funny. I believe that magic can happen with anything and even when your not prepared someone else may have something for you to use, after all, they are asking you to do the trick.
Nice! You're a coin worker?
I love to take a yellow peanut M&M, pretend to smash it into my forehead, and have it come out my nose, except when it does, it is green.

Gene
Is this your table hopping opener? ;)
Sometimes, it's a good icebreaker and it's a quick way to see who at the table reacts best to magic. But it's only good if there are M&Ms at the table and preferably in an open bowl.
That's a great idea, plus at the end, eat them all and you are left clean!
Try this sometime.

Put an M&M in a glass of water with the M side up.

After a few minutes (depending on the temp of the water) the "M" will
peel off and float to the top.

Just a curiosity, but you could probably think of good use for it, if only a bar bet.

Dan
Here's an idea.

On the M&M website, they will custom print any message on M&Ms.

http://shop.mms.com/customized/printing/step1.asp

Perhaps the wrong forum, but you could do some cool stuff.

Jason
Hey, you can do a matrix with them, over the head, or jumping M&M. Cup & M&M routine with a final load of dinner roll.

The custom print is good also endless possibilities, plus you can pick the colors you want to use. Have your name put them, phone number.
Great job - I think as a magician, the more we can do with everyday items the better!
I recently saw a guy do a small routine with M&M's and Skittles. He called it S&M&M and used a miniature riding crop for a wand.

It was a very strange evening at that event. But I have to admit that it was also a pretty funny line!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
Nice!!! golden.... I also like the idea of having a force card or word printed on an m&m.. such good ideas..
Of course there is always the "slowly becoming obese magician" trick where, over a period of time of eating M&M's, the magician grows larger before your eyes! ;) Kind of like watching a person commit suicide by throwing themselves in front of a glacier. After about 1,000 years, they get crushed to death. :goof:
Being blindfolded and remembering what different color M&M's taste like. If doing peanut, you could tell where the peanuts were grown.