(Close Window)
Topic: Floating rose
Hey there,
I'm working on a floating rose rounite that uses the old hook to your thumb up to the ceiling around 2 hooks and back down to your other thumb. What type of t****d do you use and what type of back drop works the best also lighting.

Thanks,
Jeff
That's sound too complicate. What wrong with Kevin James floating rose's method. It's the best so far
I didn't explain my self to good. I'm using a silk rose to float around and not flash paper
You are thinking more along the lines of a floating ball. I used to perform that, but it is a very complex set-up. As far as lighting you need to stay away from yellow and red and stick with blue, green and rose on a solid color background. If you have the luxery of a mylar backdrop then lighting isn't really an issue at all.

MDS
Buy the Kevin James Floating rose! Its a winner!

j
I agree with jamieallan, it is pretty good.
I use IT and some Flash paper to make my rose flash out on the end! :D
[quote]
On 2005-01-09 02:37, Jeff77 wrote:
Hey there,
I'm working on a floating rose rounite that uses the old hook to your thumb up to the ceiling around 2 hooks and back down to your other thumb. What type of t****d do you use and what type of back drop works the best also lighting.

Thanks,
Jeff
[/quote]

I suggest you get any of the floating ball books or floating light bulb book. The routine would be similar. For T just use any good black line at the hobby store. It seems the new backdrop of choice is the 'eyelash' material.
Thanks wmhegbli that's the answer I was looking for. I'm not using the Kevin James method of flaoting a paper rose (flash paper), I'm using a silk rose to float around like a ball or a light bulb.

Jeff
The Burling Hull book should still be available from Abbott's Magic. There is Floating book by a german available that should give you all the info you need by Braco.
I recommend Yigal Mesika´s Spider Pen: the thread that's included is very good.
I always test the thread before any performance: just pull out thread and go to the spectators view point and watch for any glitches on the thread.

Check out Spider Pen:
http://www.yigalmesika.com/

Kevin James Floating Rose:
http://www.kjmagic.com/catalog/videos.html
Hi, has anyoneused a ITR with the floating rose set up. can it be done
Here is something just released, no clue how good it is:

Floating & Bowing Rose w/ Cloth $29.95

Floating Rose with a Knock-Out Climax!
Cloth Included with Ingenious Rose

Display a long stem Rose as completely normal , or remove it from a vase on your table. Show a patterned cloth front & back, nothing inside at all!

The Rose begins to float & dance behind the cloth!
Both your hands are holding the far ends of the cloth, an elegant floating illusion.

Perform all the moves side to side & up & down similar to a Zombie Ball.
After the Floating fun, set the cloth aside & show the Rose its time for your bow.

The Rose Bud BENDS DOWN 90 degrees taking a deserved bow!! Fantastic Climax
What I found out is if you run a black marker on the IT thread...it becomes magically invisible. I could honestly say, I lost the thread there for a second after I ran the black 'El Marko' on the thread. Works better with a black coat/shirt on too.