(Close Window)
Topic: Doug Henning poster
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what Doug Henning's World of Magic poster is worth? This is the poster of Doug floating cross-legged above a field of flowers. I just bought one (posted as an original)on E-bay for $91. I did a search of the internet and couldn't find one to compare the price. It doesn't really matter as I really like the poster and have no intention of selling it. It would be nice to know however if I got a good deal on it and what it is actually worth.
Thanks in advance...
Mitch if you bought it to enjoy. and your happy with it the price etc. then I'll say its money well spent.
You are absolutely correct. It arrived today and I am very happy with it. I'm taking to be framed tomorrow. I was just suprised I couldn't locate a copy of it anywhere to compare.
Mitch, I've seen them sell on Ebay from anywhere around $125 to as much as $300, I'd say you got a deal.
Carnegie - Thanks for the info. Again, I have absolutely no intent on selling this poster but was just interested in what it's "worth" was vice what I payed for it. It is a very colorful and cool poster and quite a contrast to my other and much older magic posters. I'm looking forward to getting it up on the wall once the framing is done.
Mitch,
Forgive me but I misread your original post. When I saw Doug Henning poster I was thinking it was highly collectible Doug Henning Water Torture poster. In regards to the poster of Doug Henning floating with his legs crossed, I have seen this also go for up to $150. It's a beautiful poster for sure and will grow in value over time.
Carnegie - No sweat. I'm still happy with it and the price I paid for it. I have seen his Water Torture poster and I like his World of Magic poster a lot more, in fact I could have bid on the Water Torture poster at the same time. I just think the artwork and layout is better on the World of Magic poster.
Speaking of Henning posters, Does anyone know what the one sheet Magic Show poster goes for? This is the poster, not the common window card.

Thanks,
Kevin
Message: Posted by: Silly Walter the Polar Bear (Jan 28, 2005 10:56PM)
Many years ago, I found some Doug Henning posters in the trash. I ttok one out because it was the only one that didn't have stuff all over it and I eventually got him to sign it. I ended up selling it at a magic swap meet at the VFW in 1977. If I had only held on to it.