(Close Window)
Topic: Tired of lame pop up add websites trying to be pros
Is it me or are you all tired of cheap add related pop up websites. I mean these guys say they make a living at doing magic but they have a website that has a pop up everytime you click on something different in there site. They have pop ups when you enter, or navigate, and advertisments all over them. I mean, come on. My website cost me 7.50 a month to have it hosted and I don't have any lame pop ups or advertisments trying to sell you crap you will never buy. I wont mention names but I saw a website the other day where in the booking info it showed prices for shows. The cheapest show the guy did was a walkaround gig for 200.00 an hour. His stage show was starting out at 1500.00 bucks. Your telling me this guy makes this much on his shows and cant fork out a measly 8.00 bucks a month for a real website. I get tired of pop ups every 2 seconds and an add trying to sell me some insurance or some crap like that. How do you all feel about this. I know add supported websites most of the time are free but come on, its 2005. Websites don't cost that much anymore these days. I think if you cant afford 50-80 bucks A YEAR for a clean, real, normal website, then you shouldnt have one at all. Just want to know your thoughts on these sites. Some that I have seen were very nice sites, it just got old with a pop up or advertisment every 2 seconds. After a minute I just didn't want to look at them anymore. I think these kind of sites really hurts the magicians look, and there clients. How is Sprint going to want to pay you a large amount of money for a show when you can even afford a real website. Just my 2 cents.
That is true argument from your side. However, do know that some pop-ups are FROM your own computer.

We call it Spyware. It's a software that is installed in your computer without you knowing and it will pop-up advertisement based on the websites you visit.

I hope you don't have this problem. I know my friend did and he complained about websites having pop-ups when the pop-ups are from his own computer.

I hope your computer has no Spyware...

I do agree that if you are a well-paid magicians you should have a minimum of decent looking, pop-upless website. However, do note that of them are really 'nerds' (apologises for that term) in computers and don't know what is pop-up!

I think it's time to have a web-hosting company specifically for magician...
Here is a way you can shut down MOST spyware pop-up ads (They depend on this program) on your computer:

Click Start
Click Run
Type in Services.msc
Click OK
Look for "Messenger"
Double click and choose disable
Click OK
Cool thanks for the tip David!
No, I have spyware, I don't get any pop ups except from add supported sites that you can tell the pop ups are coming from them. Even them I just hear a sound letting me know the pop up got blocked. Just wanted to see what you all thought about these sites
I won't surf them, so that should give you a pretty good idea of what I think of them. As soon as the first ad comes up, Im out of there.