We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nick Wenger IS BACK! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey guys,

It's been a while since my last post however I feel there is something that needs to be known in the magic community.

About a month ago I was looking for a spirit bell and my various online searches led me to discover the amazing work of Nick Wenger. His Bell From Hell (BFH) was unlike anything I'd ever seen before and I dare say would create an unforgettable moment for any audience watching it. If you don't know what the BFH is, watch this video.

However, as I kept reading review after review of Nick and his work (posts from a few years ago), the glowing reviews slowly changed into warnings and 'buyer beware' type of posts informing other magicians to stay well away from Nick and his work due to his lack of response and horrid customer service. Some even said that they had made payment but not gotten their product.

Needless to say, I became very wary of purchasing from Nick and even went so far as to look for a second hand BFH I could purchase.

But then I thought I'd try to reach out and contact Nick personally, see what he had to say.

And I'm so glad I did.

Nick was warm, very responsive and honest during our e-mails. The complete opposite of the picture painted from what I had read about him online. I told him I wanted a BFH and he said he would build one for me if I was serious.

I then asked him about all the negative stuff I had read about him and he very candidly shared with me that during that particular time, he was going through a very challenging time in his life personally and medically. He expressed that he was not on top of a lot of things and even refunded over $3000 via Paypal for unfulfilled orders. He insists that he never touches a penny until the prop is completed. Of course NONE OF THIS is stated anywhere online, so potential buyers like myself have no idea about the integrity Nick has. He assured me that I wouldn't have to pay a cent until I see my unit in full working condition via video.

I decided to take the plunge. He asked me when I needed it and proceeded to get to work.

He sent me pictures of the unit while it was being made, showing it drying on a bench with my name on it. Small touches like that built my confidence in him and increased my assurance of his services.

A week later and finally my unit was finished. He sent a video clip showing my unit in full working order, with my name on a sticker attached to the prop. Only after seeing that did I send my payment with confidence. He then sent me another video just before shipping it out, you can even see the box he was going to use to ship it out behind the prop. Amazing customer service!

I received it a few days ago and I've been playing with it ever since.

Nick is a genius and all of his creations are hand made to perfection. His packaging and shipping was excellent and the video instructions he supplies are clear and concise. It isn't cheap but it is certainly worth it. The wood, nails and bell were all aged very well and look like they came from a graveyard hundreds of years ago. The construction is unbelievable and it will pass casual handling by the spectator.

My friends, the purpose of this whole post is to establish that NICK WENGER IS BACK! And he needs to be acknowledged for the quality work that he produces, especially in this day and age where most things aren't made well at all. Yes, he made a few mistakes in the past, name me a person who hasn't.

But he has NEVER profited from cheating others or not sending out their orders. From what I understand from Nick, all unfulfilled orders were refunded. Plus, through my experience with him, I can tell you that he is honest, transparent and VERY responsive. He will also give you a lot of assurances regarding his work and he will stand by it.

Nick hand-makes products that you cannot get anywhere else and he really is the best at what he does.

I'm not getting paid for this, I just feel that the last few posts of him and his work don't do him the justice that he deserves.

So if any of you are looking out for an amazing spirit bell, or other custom made props, head over to http://nickwengermagic.com and buy with confidence.

Tell Nick that Aman sent you!

Stay safe guys,

Aman a.k.a. Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Logan, glad to hear it. I always thought Nick was a warm and friendly guy. And I understand personal problems and low points....been there done that. Even so, all it would have taken was for Nick to have acknowledged the issues publicly here (he knew of the threads here long ago.) I was initially a proponent; my snake basket is second to none. But he never sent the video instruction link as promised, nor complete a second prop for me for my summer 2018 shows as promised. He continued to take orders during his "issues" rather than posting a notice on his website. I hope he IS back...I think he's a genius...but it will take a tremendous effort to restore confidence, I'm afraid.,
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12355 Posts

Profile of John C
Maintaining a reputation is a heck of a lot easier than reestablishing one.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4182 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Exactly John C. Once bitten twice shy. And as for his claim that he refunded money through paypal, that is a complete crock. Yes I got a refund, but ONLY after I filed a claim and followed up repeatedly with paypal. He didn't voluntarily refund anything. The exact opposite. He took my order, made many initial promises...and then completely disappeared after I paid and refused to answer any of my multiple emails. Only after paypal intervened did anything happen. So anyone that believes he is an honest guy or that "he's back" is the type of sucker that con men feed on. So you are completely naive if you think he "NEVER profited from cheating others."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12355 Posts

Profile of John C
He may have a better chance of just slowly coming back into the fold. Quietly. Unassuming.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
Ya I would steer clear after the 2 year wait and junk Nick sold me. Nick Wenger is a great scammer.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
I see there is still quite a bit of hate towards Nick.

As I said, I ordered through him and everything was more than fine.

Nobody is perfect and I'm very sure Nick may have upset many of you in the past but I also believe in second chances.

He sounds very committed to serve his customers NOW and I have experienced it first hand. To judge someone based on his past actions and ONLY on those past negative actions is a little polarizing and you're basically not allowing that person any chance of redemption. He has explained himself and DID administer FULL refunds for unfulfilled orders. So it's not like he ran away with your money.

I'm not saying he is perfect, name me one person who is. I'd be ****ed off too if someone took my money and didn't fulfill my order, but this is life and crap happens in our lives that sometimes knocks us down so hard we can't be on top of everything. I believe that's what happened to Nick. Sure, it may have taken him a while and you may have had to go through Paypal to get your refund, but the refund WAS administered. It's not like he insisted on a cheque or something. He uses a platform that ALLOWS you to have that insurance to claim a refund in the first place.

I am just sharing MY personally positive experience with dealing with him and wanted to tell you guys that Nick is back, very reliable and not at all like the picture painted of him in other threads.

All I can say is that I have full confidence in him. I believe in Nick Wenger & his services. If you guys insist on focusing on the past, think about the fact that he has successfully made & delivered great props for many pros in the past and guess what, he is still doing so today. Not to get too philosophical, but if you're gonna gauge a man's value by his actions in the past, then be fair and look at both the good and the bad.

I can't force you to love Nick or forgive him for his missteps, that's up to those of you who he wronged. Again, he did issue full refunds to all unfulfilled orders, which is better than some other people out there. For those of you who still aren't happy with him I suggest you e-mail him and talk it out. We're grown adults here.

This is just to inform those of you out there on the fence about Nick and his products that you have no reason to be worried or afraid. I had a great experience dealing with him, as have many others. I just feel not enough positive stuff is said about Nick and I find that unfair.

Again, this is based purely on my personal interaction & dealing with him. Take that as you will.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2671 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, Logan wrote:
He has explained himself and DID administer FULL refunds for unfulfilled orders. So it's not like he ran away with your money.


He DID? says who, Nick? LOL

He hasn't explained himself except to you. Where's Nick's post? He has an account. Why hasn't he put his big-boy pants on, come on here, and explain, apologize, etc.?

Rick had defenders too...
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4182 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Exactly. He hasn’t done any of what Logan claims. He might now be playing Logan like a fiddle, but that’s all he’s done. But hey, if Justin Miller and Bernie Madoff are looking for a PR guy, Logan might be the guy Smile
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, Logan wrote:
He has explained himself and DID administer FULL refunds for unfulfilled orders. So it's not like he ran away with your money.


He DID? says who, Nick? LOL

He hasn't explained himself except to you. Where's Nick's post? He has an account. Why hasn't he put his big-boy pants on, come on here, and explain, apologize, etc.?

Rick had defenders too...


You're right. He should come on here to explain himself but perhaps he knows the current climate here isn't too welcoming.

I would like him to come on here but since he isn't, I figured I'd help clear his name up a little.

As I said, I'm basing all this on my personal experience with him which was excellent. And yes he did explain himself to me and I do believe him. You can call me naive if you'd like, won't affect me one bit. Either way, other magicians have also mentioned that they got their money back, which does corroborate what he told me.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, emyers99 wrote:
Exactly. He hasn’t done any of what Logan claims. He might now be playing Logan like a fiddle, but that’s all he’s done. But hey, if Justin Miller and Bernie Madoff are looking for a PR guy, Logan might be the guy Smile


No need to be rude Eric.

I didn't put any shade on you, I'd appreciate the same.

As for Nick, are you saying that he didn't give you a refund? Does he still have your money?

Let's focus on facts, not what you think is happening because a lot of what you're saying is based on your assumption. I'm basing my points on what he has shared with me (which are his statements) and what I've personally experienced. Anything else is just speculation at best.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Logan, I think "hate" is a strong word when branding those who have responded here to your original posting. You admit to speaking to YOUR personal experience with Nick, and the "feelings" that you have personally extracted from that experience. I applaud your recent success; it is finding a flake of gold in an otherwise mountainous wasteland of experiences described here by others. In that regard, I believe the premise that "Nick is BACK!" is the problem. Your single result does not warrant that type of proclamation. Perhaps a statement of "yay! I got my order" on the other main thread highlighting these issues with this person would have sufficed.

Regardless, I cannot understand why this vendor continued to accept orders during this "low point" you describe, while giving refunds to those who pressed the paypal button in good faith (this type of action could, rightly or wrongly, be seen as a type of ponzi scheme... .in retail it's called "floating deposits.") Or why he continued to make excuses that, as time told, he apparently had no intention to rectify. And finally, why he has not personally addressed this here, and/or with those slighted. Pain? Fear? These are conditions he personally created, so he alone must work through them. Forgiveness? Of COURSE, but accountability is always a component of true repentance. As a famous quote goes, which I modify in parentheses, “Truth is its own defense, therefore if something (or someone) can't speak for itself, it’s not truth.”

I hope the "journey" back for Nick continues, but until more steps have been taken, I would think you not be so critical of those who do not share in the cup you have offered as eagerly at this point.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4182 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2018, Logan wrote:

Let's focus on facts, not what you think is happening because a lot of what you're saying is based on your assumption. I'm basing my points on what he has shared with me (which are his statements) and what I've personally experienced. Anything else is just speculation at best.


Logan, apologies that my last post was so harsh. However, what you just wrote applies exactly to what you are doing. It’s you that doesn’t know any of the “facts” and most of what you are saying is based on your “assumption”. I do hope you actually get your order. Feel free to comment on your experience all you want, but believing the claims of a con man and so vehemently defending a con man based on his false claims is a fool’s game.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12355 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2018, stempleton wrote:
Logan, I think "hate" is a strong word when branding those who have responded here to your original posting. You admit to speaking to YOUR personal experience with Nick, and the "feelings" that you have personally extracted from that experience. I applaud your recent success; it is finding a flake of gold in an otherwise mountainous wasteland of experiences described here by others. In that regard, I believe the premise that "Nick is BACK!" is the problem. Your single result does not warrant that type of proclamation. Perhaps a statement of "yay! I got my order" on the other main thread highlighting these issues with this person would have sufficed.

Regardless, I cannot understand why this vendor continued to accept orders during this "low point" you describe, while giving refunds to those who pressed the paypal button in good faith (this type of action could, rightly or wrongly, be seen as a type of ponzi scheme... .in retail it's called "floating deposits.") Or why he continued to make excuses that, as time told, he apparently had no intention to rectify. And finally, why he has not personally addressed this here, and/or with those slighted. Pain? Fear? These are conditions he personally created, so he alone must work through them. Forgiveness? Of COURSE, but accountability is always a component of true repentance. As a famous quote goes, which I modify in parentheses, “Truth is its own defense, therefore if something (or someone) can't speak for itself, it’s not truth.”

I hope the "journey" back for Nick continues, but until more steps have been taken, I would think you not be so critical of those who do not share in the cup you have offered as eagerly at this point.



Thinking the same thing myself with regard to the word "hate" Logan threw out.

I don't think these guys HATE this cat just recalling their dissatisfaction with their previous dealings with him.

Hate is not fair. Probably most of his customers don't even know him. You have to know someone to be able to "hate" them.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
Since Nick took 2 years, I did not get a refund from PayPal as I was past the time period. I just ate $450 of hard earned money. He also did not reply to calls, emails, or text for 1.5 years of me asking where my prop is. He did send me an email calling me many curse words after I recieved a non working prop. He even offered to buy it back from me for 40 percent of what I paid lol. He even promised to make more accessories for it which he never sent and said I did not deserve that as he changed his mind.

You can of course still buy from him, but you would be crazy to after reading all the negatives about him here on the Café, with people of similar experiences.

Quote:
On Dec 22, 2018, Logan wrote:
I see there is still quite a bit of hate towards Nick.

As I said, I ordered through him and everything was more than fine.

Nobody is perfect and I'm very sure Nick may have upset many of you in the past but I also believe in second chances.

He sounds very committed to serve his customers NOW and I have experienced it first hand. To judge someone based on his past actions and ONLY on those past negative actions is a little polarizing and you're basically not allowing that person any chance of redemption. He has explained himself and DID administer FULL refunds for unfulfilled orders. So it's not like he ran away with your money.

I'm not saying he is perfect, name me one person who is. I'd be ****ed off too if someone took my money and didn't fulfill my order, but this is life and crap happens in our lives that sometimes knocks us down so hard we can't be on top of everything. I believe that's what happened to Nick. Sure, it may have taken him a while and you may have had to go through Paypal to get your refund, but the refund WAS administered. It's not like he insisted on a cheque or something. He uses a platform that ALLOWS you to have that insurance to claim a refund in the first place.

I am just sharing MY personally positive experience with dealing with him and wanted to tell you guys that Nick is back, very reliable and not at all like the picture painted of him in other threads.

All I can say is that I have full confidence in him. I believe in Nick Wenger & his services. If you guys insist on focusing on the past, think about the fact that he has successfully made & delivered great props for many pros in the past and guess what, he is still doing so today. Not to get too philosophical, but if you're gonna gauge a man's value by his actions in the past, then be fair and look at both the good and the bad.

I can't force you to love Nick or forgive him for his missteps, that's up to those of you who he wronged. Again, he did issue full refunds to all unfulfilled orders, which is better than some other people out there. For those of you who still aren't happy with him I suggest you e-mail him and talk it out. We're grown adults here.

This is just to inform those of you out there on the fence about Nick and his products that you have no reason to be worried or afraid. I had a great experience dealing with him, as have many others. I just feel not enough positive stuff is said about Nick and I find that unfair.

Again, this is based purely on my personal interaction & dealing with him. Take that as you will.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2018, stempleton wrote:
Logan, I think "hate" is a strong word when branding those who have responded here to your original posting. You admit to speaking to YOUR personal experience with Nick, and the "feelings" that you have personally extracted from that experience. I applaud your recent success; it is finding a flake of gold in an otherwise mountainous wasteland of experiences described here by others. In that regard, I believe the premise that "Nick is BACK!" is the problem. Your single result does not warrant that type of proclamation. Perhaps a statement of "yay! I got my order" on the other main thread highlighting these issues with this person would have sufficed.

Regardless, I cannot understand why this vendor continued to accept orders during this "low point" you describe, while giving refunds to those who pressed the paypal button in good faith (this type of action could, rightly or wrongly, be seen as a type of ponzi scheme... .in retail it's called "floating deposits.") Or why he continued to make excuses that, as time told, he apparently had no intention to rectify. And finally, why he has not personally addressed this here, and/or with those slighted. Pain? Fear? These are conditions he personally created, so he alone must work through them. Forgiveness? Of COURSE, but accountability is always a component of true repentance. As a famous quote goes, which I modify in parentheses, “Truth is its own defense, therefore if something (or someone) can't speak for itself, it’s not truth.”

I hope the "journey" back for Nick continues, but until more steps have been taken, I would think you not be so critical of those who do not share in the cup you have offered as eagerly at this point.


I agree with you stempleton.

And you're absolutely right that my one positive encounter with him probably may not warrant a complete shift in perspective towards him. At the same time, I do feel that what is currently written about him doesn't tell the whole picture in it's entirety. I also agree that he should have come forward and done some to rectify issues himself.

Thanks for putting your points across so eloquently.

I've shared this link with Nick and I want him to see that those positive steps will lead somewhere great if he continues to take them, he just has to continue winning hearts over. He doesn't strike me as a con-man nor do I think that is his entire agenda with his business, he does make excellent items.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2018, emyers99 wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2018, Logan wrote:

Let's focus on facts, not what you think is happening because a lot of what you're saying is based on your assumption. I'm basing my points on what he has shared with me (which are his statements) and what I've personally experienced. Anything else is just speculation at best.


Logan, apologies that my last post was so harsh. However, what you just wrote applies exactly to what you are doing. It’s you that doesn’t know any of the “facts” and most of what you are saying is based on your “assumption”. I do hope you actually get your order. Feel free to comment on your experience all you want, but believing the claims of a con man and so vehemently defending a con man based on his false claims is a fool’s game.


Apology accepted Eric.

And if you've read my original post, I DID get my order and I was very happy with the entire transaction.

I'm not saying that Nick didn't wrong you or others, I'm just saying that I do see him being a stand up guy and just wanted to spread the word.

I don't believe he is a con-man though Eric and to call him that outright takes some serious facts to back up. I mean, I got my order and the workmanship is amazing. He has made mistakes I'm sure, but that doesn't warrant the need to call him a con-man right off the bat.

There are online con-men who sell you promises and take your money and then are never to be heard from again. Now maybe his behaviour in the past was similar to this due to the issues I mentioned in the original post which are reprehensible and I do not condone. HOWEVER that isn't the case NOW at least. He DOES seem to be taking steps in the right direction and I think we should support that.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2018, Alex R. Weinberg wrote:

You can of course still buy from him, but you would be crazy to after reading all the negatives about him here on the Café, with people of similar experiences.



That's exactly why I am writing the original post. Plus most of the posts were from a few years ago. People can change.

Almost everything I found of him was negative but it turned out to be the complete opposite in my experience with him.

I am shocked to hear what he put you through though, that's horrible. As I said, I do understand why some people don't support Nick, we all have our own stories to share. Perhaps you can e-mail him and see what can be done to make amends?

I do believe people can change though, but perhaps that's just me.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
725 Posts

Profile of Winks
Hey, Logan, Eric apologized to you - how about YOU apologizing for the word "hate"? Nick wronged many of us. For anyone to refuse to deal with him after that is not hate, it is wariness. So, man up, Logan. Apologize for your awful characterization.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey there Winks,

If you had read what I have read about what some people have said about Nick, you probably could see where I am coming from when I say there may be some 'hate' towards him. It's hard to classify someone as being a 'scammer' or a 'con man' without having a sense of distaste towards him. That's all I'm referring to.

Though if Eric, or anyone else here for that matter feels that the 'hate' word is too strong then, yes, I do apologise wholeheartedly.

To touch on your point of being 'wary' of him, the whole purpose of my original post is to dispel any wariness towards Nick. He was a stand up guy in our communication and delivered what he promised me and therefore I feel he deserves a second chance, that's all.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Nick Wenger IS BACK! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL