The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..28~29~30 [Next]
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Weee finally received Extreme Burn

And look what I have for you guys who have a problem with bill sizes. This is the way I am going to do it.

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/mo......ametools
Yours,

Ivan
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 17:16, niva wrote:
Weee finally received Extreme Burn

And look what I have for you guys who have a problem with bill sizes. This is the way I am going to do it.

http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-games/mo......ametools

OMG, that's awesome. Can't wait to see if I can experiment with resizing them. Our Canadian bills are a different size than US bills (wider and shorter).
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Quote:
On 2008-04-04 17:10, MagicMan1957 wrote:
I would be curious to find out why Mr. Sanders who I am sure experimented with every configuration of this did not do the Face to Face change on both Slowburn and now Extreme Burn.

I think because US bills are the same color. You have to look closely at the numbers to notice the change. But if you do back to face, it is immediately evident there has been a big change.

Quote:
Has anyone here actually set this up Face to Face yet. If so, does the change look stronger to you?

I set mine up face to face. With Canadian bills of differing colors it makes more sense. The color change is the striking part.

Ultimately we all want the most visually striking change possible.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I set mine up face to face. While the effect remains the same as any other bill change, EB makes the actual change extremely visual, a big focus of this version is on the actual change. I just prefer a face to face change when all the focus is on the bills.

In all honesty, the impact is going to be there whether it is face to face or back to back or face to back, etc. It just comes down to personal preference.
Click to visit:
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2696 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I will set mine up face to face, as it just makes sense. I wonder just how many people are familiar with the backs of the American bills. The one is easy.. I do wonder why Richard set it up this way.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
He was on this thread at one time. Perhaps if we are lucky, he will re-join us!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Richard will chime in when he has time. He's a very busy performer.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6992 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Like I said before, I think the contrast between the front and backs of bills is stronger for the change. And I'd be willing to bet money that spectators would never question it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I never even realized the contrast until someone pointed it out in this thread. I even had the gimmick made and was using it!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2696 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Just for the heck of it, I've been handing people bills back side showing. They always turn them around face up. Whether it's because they don't recognize the back, and need to see the face to confirm what it is, I'm not sure.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Or maybe they're anal retentive....Smile
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I did this 10 times at my cousins Bar-Mitsvah today. It killed EVERY SINGLE TIME! People were putting on their glasses, and the workers even stopped and stared. This is awesome, just awesome. Since I got this and made it, I always carry it around with me. I'm never gone with out it. I think I am in love...
milez
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of milez
I have seen this and still prefer slow burn. Maybe its just me but I like the wave and change. Plus one less gimmick required.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
You can still do Slow Burn with the Extreme Burn gimmick.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
True. And plus you now have the option of switching to EB any time you want..so you get the best of both worlds.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I'm having a small problem getting the gimmick (bills) lined up perfectly.
Don't know how Richard was able to do it facing the camera..LOL..
Need to take more time I guess..
LOVE the effect

Don
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I've developed a routine that combines Extreme Burn with Larry West's Bill Counting Trick. I'll share my routine with those who PM me and can answer a question about the West effect, and if you don't know that effect, I strongly suggest that you learn it, it's a classic!

Larry
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-04-06 09:32, magicman1 wrote:
LOVE the effect

Don

Consider Richard has probably put hundreds, if not thousands of hour into this. You'll get it my friend.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2008-04-06 09:32, magicman1 wrote:
LOVE the effect

Don

Richard instructs to let the rubber cement dry first before putting the bills together. When you do this, you have to get the bills perfectly lined up on the first try. If you don't get it right, dry cement does not let you adjust. You can only peel it apart and start the process over.

I have found that if you don't let them fully dry, you can put them together and if they don't line up perfectly, you can slightly slide the bills over each other when the cement is still wet. This allows you to perfectly line up the edges. Once you get it lined up perfectly, place it on a table and press down. Then let it dry for a few minutes. This is much easier since you can adjust it.
Click to visit:
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks Dan..
Sounds like the fix I need..
Don
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL