The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Always trying to help (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
So, I am driving down the road and it is at lest 98 degrees outside, and I see this young man walking down the road. It is hot enough but the asphalt reflects the heat and creates an oven. I normally don't pick up hitch hikers and such, but I can tell he is really struggling so I slow down. roll down my window and offer him a ride.

He was really grateful and we hadn't gone far before he said, "I really appreciate this ride, today it is hard to get a ride because you never know, I could be a serial killer."

I paused a moment and replied, "I thought about that but decided, what are the odds of two serial killers in the same car, on the same day, in a little town like New Bern?"

He wasn't going too far and I let him out at the next intersection. Probably would have made it that far without my help, despite the heat. At least I tried to help.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Thanks weepinwil. Another killer story.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
scottishpiper51
View Profile
Regular user
of Gris-Gris
138 Posts

Profile of scottishpiper51
LOL Smile

You are so delightfully weird, weepinwil
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
You always make me laugh! Reminds me I need to finish reading "Return to Hayville".
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Willie. I laughed out loud while reading it. Your dry sense of humor cracks me up.

Thanks for the first smile of the day.

Timex
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2018, KOTAH wrote:
Willie. I laughed out loud while reading it. Your dry sense of humor cracks me up.

Thanks for the first smile of the day.

Timex

Just remember: The undertaker may put a smile on your face but he always has the last laugh.
scottishpiper51
View Profile
Regular user
of Gris-Gris
138 Posts

Willie, someone should put together a collection of your aphorisms... a Poor Richard's Almanack of Funerary Wit, if you will. You could make it available on the merch table in the rear of the reposing room.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2018, scottishpiper51 wrote:
Willie, someone should put together a collection of your aphorisms... a Poor Richard's Almanack of Funerary Wit, if you will. You could make it available on the merch table in the rear of the reposing room.

Actually most of them are contained in the 3 books I wrote.
scottishpiper51
View Profile
Regular user
of Gris-Gris
138 Posts

Interested... where might one acquire said books?
scottishpiper51
View Profile
Regular user
of Gris-Gris
138 Posts

For clarification, I checked Amazon, but they only have volume two in stock. Is volume one only available secondhand?
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
I ordered directly from Weepin Wil. The envelope it was sent in smelled a bit like embalming fluid but I figured that was the price I had to pay for a good read.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2018, scottishpiper51 wrote:
For clarification, I checked Amazon, but they only have volume two in stock. Is volume one only available secondhand?

The book has been out of print a few years. I still have some copies of both if you are interested in acquiring a copy of both. Plus I will autograph it for you. Just pm me to let me know.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What are the books about 🎥📽🎥☎️ Will it be a movie some day????
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2018, Slim King wrote:
What are the books about 🎥📽🎥☎️ Will it be a movie some day????

Doubt it would be a movie but I do have theme park rights. It is about a man who goes to his friend's funeral in Hayville. The plot rotates around the funeral business and a humorous view of death. If you can visualize the Addams Family in Mayberry, you can picture Hayville. I think there are several reviews on Amazon for Weepin' Willie and Return to Hayville.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Serial killer with a crematorium seems like a winner
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Particularly the first book deserves a movie. I've never read something like it. It's a cult novel.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2018, Delimbeau wrote:
Particularly the first book deserves a movie. I've never read something like it. It's a cult novel.

Thanks for your kind words.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2018, RCP wrote:
Serial killer with a crematorium seems like a winner

Nothin' says lovin' like something from the crematory oven.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Always trying to help (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL