We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fantasy Magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just ordered Fantasy Magician. Soon I will see what I have been missing.
frogstomper
View Profile
New user
Gold Coast, Australia
59 Posts

Profile of frogstomper
I saw the routine on Ken Scott's DVD. I'm not 100 percent convinced that it would be a winner. I'd be interested to know what other people think, who have actually tried it in a kids party.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2215 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I believe I read somewhere Ken does this every show and has been for a long time and it is his signature piece and always gets great response!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Smarty Pants
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Smarty Pants
If this is the effect I am thinking of, why would one need to buy it from a dealer? Surely any seamstress would be able to make up one of these, and then it would be unique to the performer; or am I missing something?
TheAstonishingLarry
View Profile
Regular user
I aspire to more than only
183 Posts

Profile of TheAstonishingLarry
I had the opposite reaction that Frogstomper had ... I saw it on Ken Scott's video and knew that it was perfect for my show. I feel it's a great piece of entertainment and a terrific photo opportunity. And it has huge potential for customization in simply how you present it ... which music you choose, what magic you perform, which comedy bits you include. I'm still working out my own routine, but I have this "prop" and it is a quality item.

Could I make one myself? Probably. But it would be hit or miss if I conveyed to the seamstress what I wanted exactly the first time. And now that I own Ken Scott's product I can say, "Yes, this is how I'd want it put together."

Regards,
Larry
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
The childrens talking about this magic ...
After evry show I ask "what magic faver for you"
80% sayd "fantasy magician"
10% sayd "bigger wands"
10% sayd "rabbit from box"

great props ...

Dudu
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
One time I saw Pulk perform it. He got great applause. I have some touch-ups planned.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Yep it has been in my show since 96 with great success. It is the most requested routine in my show.

Ken
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I love it because it makes the Birthday Kid the star! It's a killer Photo Op for Mom & Dad. It ROCKS at Blue & Golds. I'm a Fantasy Magician fan! Local corporate class act, Tim Dumas, uses it in his corporate shows with the company execs with some outstanding adult humor & by-play built in.

As far as making your own...by the time you figure your way through the expense and time of trial and error you could have bought the durn thing ready to go.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Where can one see a demo video of this performed?

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I heard it was on Youtube. I think Ken knows.

Those who use it, what tricks do you use?
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Hmmm.... I did a search for both Ken Scottt & Fantasy Magician and came up with NOTHING on YouTube.com
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ken, would you please mention where it is located on YouTube with a different performer.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12083 Posts

Profile of John C
Definitely 100% a winner. I use it in a school show, private parties and birthdays. The moms want to email me the video of their kid.

Until you perform it you won't know how powerful it really is. I bought mine from Kevin James years ago and never used it until about a year ago.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
The you tube video is not there anymore.

Ken
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yea, it starts half way thru the demo. A similiar version starts here in 7 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeShkOWYSyQ
Julian Franklin
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
139 Posts

Profile of Julian Franklin
This is, without a doubt, the single more talked about routine I do, with the possible exception of Steve Axtell's Magic Drawing Board. I agree that for what Ken charges, you would be penny wise and pound foolish to start cutting on a tuxedo to try and save $40 or $50 dollars. There is a lot more to it than just a slit down the back of a tux and Ken has done an incredible job of creating a product that will last through hudrends, and probably thousands of shows.

I just did it 5 times today at a school. I've performed it a total of about 500 times so far and it shows no meaningful wear other than it needs to be cleaned from time to time.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

--Julian Franklin
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
For those who feel uncomfortable with the idea of the magician coming into close physical contact with the child, an alternative (and one you can make yourself, Smartypants, or buy from inexpensive Halloween costume parts) is my Instant Wizard, from The Wizards' Journal #11. The effect as described is:

The Wizard has a talking hat, much like the “Sorting Hat” seen in the Harry Potter movies. The Wizard uses it to locate a helper who has some “wizard powers” and brings the child up to the stage (or the front). The Wizard congratulates the child on being a Wizard and tells him he is now in charge of finishing the rest of the magic show. With that, the Wizard puts the talking hat on a stool, goes into the audience and sits down to watch his new apprentice perform.

Most of the rest of the routine is done with you, the Wizard, sitting in the audience and the child following your spoken directions on the stage, so in this way, it is completely different from the “Instant Magician” or "Fantasy Magician," which is the topic of this thread.

Following your directions, the child wizard produces a magic robe to wear, a pair of glasses and a scar if you’re trying to achieve the entirely optional “Harry Potter look,” and a magic wand.

At this point, the article suggests some other magical effects using props you may already have or which you can purchase, that are completely self-working so the child can do them just by following your directions. Then a couple of special routines are included, once again easily made up inexpensively. You can read more about it on my site.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I just found a source for costumes for my version of "The Instant Wizard" mentioned above, as well as costumes that would work well in creating other little organized plays within your show.

http://smallmiracles.net/page3/page4/page11/page11.html

I found the actual individual costumes on sale at the local Rag Shop Craft Store.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fantasy Magician (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL