The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kapital Kidvention DVD Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Hi Louis, My DVDs havent arrived as yet. Is there a tracking number?
Jimmy
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Ryan,

I've watched 10 DVD's of the series so far and find them outstanding. I'll happily post more comments when I'm done but so far my favorite presentations are Julian Franklin, Chris Capehart and James Munton. There are 15 DVD's so there is a ton of content.

Dan.
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Hi Louis, My DVDs still havent arrived as yet. Is there a tracking number so I can try to track where they are.?
I posted on here May 4th but as yet havent heard back from you.
Jimmy
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Jimmy,

Your set did go out April 25th and I will look for the tracking information. I will get back to you. Sorry for the delay, I assume it is because you are across the pond.

Louis
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of Wizzo the wizard
I bet the volcano hasn't helped as I was waiting for a parcel to come from he states and that took longer than normal.

Louis
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Hi Louis.
Yippeeeee. They are here with me now thanks.
Might have been a delay because of that dam volcano that has hit the air post.

Looking forward to trudging through all the discs now. Looks like a few hours work. lol.

Thanks
Jimbo
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Great to hear! Yes, you have about 22 hours of DVD content to watch. Let me know what you think as you watch some of them.

Louis
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Well Just watched the face painting one. On it she mentions another session in the afternoon. Is this on DVD anywhere as she was using multiple pancakes and I have just started my face painters using them in my company and it would have been great to see what she was doing with them Louis. Loved the forst DVD though.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jimmy
Some of my friends have been talking about the James Munton lecture. I hope after you get a good look at it you let us know how my friend James did. Let us know what you thought of the JR lecture too.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

Jame's lecture was outstanding! He clearly was one of the stand out presentations in addition to Julian Franklin and Chris Capehart. Will be certain not to miss it next year if they are any reflection of what to expect.

Dan.
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Jimmy,
I am sorry but only one face painting lecture was taped because there were always 3 break out sessions going on and I had to choose only one to be taped per break out session Smile Marcela, the face painter teacher, will be back at Kidvention 2011 because I got soooo many compliments about her.

Dan,
I am glad you liked them. After seeing the DVDs you can see how much fun this Kidvention was. Not only fun but top rate presentations. I hope to see you next year.

James' lecture was the most interesting because it caused a lot of controversy. I have gotten the most comments from his! If you haven't seen the DVD set you can still order them but I only have 2 sets left before I will have to place another large order of them and they will be months away then.

Louis
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
By the way, if you want to be on the Kapital Kidvention newsletter list then just go to the web site:

http://www.KapitalKidvention.com

and on the Homepage you will see the sign up for the email list. This is where I will start making the annoucements for next year.

Louis
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Everyone that has bought a set please feel free to post any comments about them here, I would love to hear what you think.

Louis
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Louis. I think my lecture would do really well at Kidvention. I am a showy routine type of lecture so you get the complete routines with all the gags and business for each routine. As I mentioned a while back, I may already be in Hollywood in January, so it would work out great for me to stay a few days extra and do a lecture for you and save both of us some money as I wouldnt have $800 of airfare to find.
Let me know. I can do a different lecture for you than the one I do for Kdabra.
Jimbo
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jimmy
Will you be in LA LA land for a screen test?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

I had promised to offer my comments on this DVD set. There are 15 DVD's with over 22 hours of content. Needless to say this took quite some time to view in their entirety and I am delighted that I had. I had many late nights as a few of these lectures had me completely engaged where I could not stop till the end.

My favorite DVD's were easily Chris Capehart, Julian Franklin (2 separate lectures,) Jim Snack and James Munton's lectures. These all had great content that I will use and have scribbled numerous pages of notes that are still spawning new ideas.

With Chris Capehart ... what more can I say ... while there wasn't a ton of new stuff here, his presentation style and further insights on his various routines are always pearls of wisdom. Easily worth the money alone.

I was completely unfamiliar with Julian Franklin and I was completely blown away. He had 2 separate lectures and each one was terrific. Julian is clearly a very gifted presenter who really inspires you in both motivation and rescripting your material to be more impactful & entertaining. I can't wait to see even more content from Julian in the future.

Jim Snack's lecture clearly reflects his years of success and experience inspiring you with numerous ideas in expanding different niche markets and networking opportunities. I had not seen Jim lecture before and since watching his presentation I have ordered and been quite happy with more audio lectures from his website.

James Munton's story is very fresh, honest and practical. His real life transition from a very successful following in the DC area to his unexpected move to a whole new market in the Dallas area. James is extremely open and forth coming about starting over and building a very successful following in short order. While one lecture certainly is not enough time to tell the whole story, he certainly gives you enough detail to inspire you and plant numerous ideas for success. I am definitely looking forward and hopeful to see more from James in the future.

I honestly can't say that I was disappointed with any of the lectures. Bob and Teresa Gretton seem like the kind of folks I'd just love to hang out with and trade entertainment ideas. Likewise with Jolly Roger ... His wit and passion to entertain are infectious.

I very much regretted not attending this venue and was delighted to feel like I participated in part of the experience through these DVD's. Needless to say that I will block off the 2011 dates on my calendar the moment I can register. I have absolutely no affiliation with this event and my comments are completely unsolicited other than Louis asking me to share my opinions good, bad or indifferent.

Dan.
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Dan,

Thank you sooo much for your comments.

All of these presenters put a lot of hard work into their presentations and I am glad that it comes through on DVD.

As the producer, I feel great that you enjoyed the content.

See you next year!

Louis
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Al.. I am always on LaLa land lol.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1785 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I bought a set, I'll review it as soon as they arrive...
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1785 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Just wondering when I can expect these. You don't seem to be responding to my e-mails and I paid for them quite a while ago. I haven't had an acknowledgement that you have even received my money, or a date for when they were posted.

Can you confirm this please?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kapital Kidvention DVD Set (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL