The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card effects with good storylines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Another vote for Scott's A Chip and a Chair! I used it in a celebrity poker tournament and it was indeed a pleaser.

I have worked on another version called The Boss' Holdem! Its with Scott!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Having recently picked up Scott's "Chip and a Chair" (tip o' the hat to Sam the Bellhop), I will echo the statements above that this deserves a look if you're looking to entertain an audience with a great story.

Scott has put a lot of work into what is still a piece of work that you might get a jump on everybody else if you were to pick up now. In other words, this material is extremely fresh right now.

This routine takes a bit of work, but it plays very large in these poker wise times. It also adapts nicely to each individual performer in its unique method of presentation.

It comes from Scott as the most professionally prepared E-Book I've yet seen, and is a bargain relative to its impact on a crowd.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
John G's Lost and Found!!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Murdoch82
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Murdoch82
Bob Neal has a book which came out a year or so ago. Life Death and Other Card Tricks. Good stories applied to "old basic effects".
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
739 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Thank you, Rannie and silverking.

Rannie, your performance of your version of "A Chip and a Chair" on the Celebrity Poker show was fantastic!!!! And . . . I understand you didn't do too bad playing, either. Smile - Scott
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
Paul Greens Jeaporday and Greg Gleasons awsome devil went to vegas!
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Take a look at Hollingworth's "Once upon a time". More a storyline with card effects that the other way around, but it's quite nice.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card effects with good storylines (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL