The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Big Blind Media Sale! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Didn't see topic on this even did a search but it deserves a topic! Big Blind Media is having the Insane Download promotion! Full dvd downloads starting at a buck! This isn't some crap either top notch stuff! A lot are just 6 bucks! It truly is INSANE!

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/dealoftheday.asp
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thanks for the heads up, I will take a look for sure
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2013-09-27 05:42, MichalMystic wrote:
A lot are just 6 bucks! It truly is INSANE!

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/dealoftheday.asp

I think those prices are in British pounds, so a lot are around 10 bucks, not 6. Still some good deals though.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Thanks for the heads up on this, I'm on their mailing list and didn't get this !
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Veteran user
Scottsdale, AZ
331 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Tried to purchase a downloadable video and the order form won't allow it. Wants me to choose a shipping method and the only shipping method available for me is "Online Delivery."

Bah!

Jay
Mystery arts articles and thoughts: https://ExclusiveMagic.com
Free video crash course for numerology readings: https://LoShuNumerology.com
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Ordered some of these - great value for money.

I'm disappointed though that the downloads were in MOV format and not ISO format.

In ISO format you can browse just like a DVD to pick and choose what chapters/effects you want to watch. With a MOV you can't.

Best wishes,
Lar.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Lar, I haven't seen any video downloads in ISO format. Do you know of any - magic videos, that is.

Thank you.

Jim
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I would imagine iso file is too big?
Much quicker to download .mov or .avi
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Jmak, Clearly you haven't pirated magic DVDs then. Lol.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
As a member of the BBM family, I am thrilled they are doing downloads now. And the prices really are great. Should make a lot of people happy.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
MJMMagic is running a sale on the same media, since I already have an account with them and don't have to worry about figuring out the conversion rates I placed an order (I figure BBM is also getting a cut as well).

I love the convenience of downloads, but there are also some drawbacks as Lar mentioned. Losing that menu option from the DVD is a bummer, but since the video is being compressed we lose a lot of the quality as well. With the downloads I purchased (George McBride DVD, Killer Close-Up and Cassanova Concept), I'm not sure of the actual viewing quality of the DVDs but with the compression the video loses quite a bit of detail.

To those of you that have purchased directly from BBM, do they encode the video with your name before making it available for download? With MJM they did, and I don't mind it as much, except that it makes your video even smaller to view (click to see an example).

I know that this is done for piracy, but I think those who are going to pirate are going to do it regardless, unfortunately. And the bad thing is that they will have the higher quality version, while the legitimate customers have the inferior product.

Please don't take this as harsh criticism because it's not, I am very happy with the material I received and the price I paid. This is more on just trying to provide constructive advice. With what I purchased so far, again I am very happy but I would be disappointed if I paid full price. With the great sale on the Elmsley Tahoe DVD downloads I was contemplating purchasing them to replace my old VHS tapes (that's right, I said VHS lol) but if the quality is similar to what I've purchased above I will just transfer my tapes on my own.

For now I think I will stick to purchasing DVDs and ripping them myself but as the magic creators adapt I will as well. I used to be very skeptical on purchasing a Penguin lecture ("why buy that, I already have the DVD set that is professionally shot, has menus, etc.?"), but seeing what goes into the lectures I am now a convert, and love them. Justin Miller and Cameron Francis have also made me a believer on how great downloads can be, too.
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
Quote:

I know that this is done for piracy, but I think those who are going to pirate are going to do it regardless, unfortunately. And the bad thing is that they will have the higher quality version, while the legitimate customers have the inferior product.

Interesting point. I hadn't considered that before but your conclusion is undeniable from the screenshot you provided in your post.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 04:29, Jay Jennings wrote:
Tried to purchase a downloadable video and the order form won't allow it. Wants me to choose a shipping method and the only shipping method available for me is "Online Delivery."

Bah!

Jay

Online delivery is the only way to receive an online download?!
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Veteran user
Scottsdale, AZ
331 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 18:54, Liam Montier wrote:
Quote:

Bah!

Jay

Well, yeah, I would hope so. Smile
Mystery arts articles and thoughts: https://ExclusiveMagic.com
Free video crash course for numerology readings: https://LoShuNumerology.com
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 19:49, Jay Jennings wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 18:54, Liam Montier wrote:
Quote:

Bah!

Jay

Well, yeah, I would hope so. Smile

I think what Liam means is that surely there is no issue here - if you order a download, of course the only shipping option available is "Online Delivery". (I.e. they won't send it to your postal address!)

Just go ahead and place your order. When the payment has been processed, you'll be able to download your order.

I've just downloaded the Casanova Concert for £0.99! Thank you Big Blind Media - a very generous offer!! I can't wait to download, play, learn, then entertain. Smile

Rich
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 13:55, nooner wrote:
Quote:

Interesting point. I hadn't considered that before but your conclusion is undeniable from the screenshot you provided in your post.

Unfortunately, the quality of the video on the Killer Close Up download is even worse.
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
They added Joshua Jay's talk about tricks set to the offers 24.99 for the set !

I have a few vanishing inc downloads which have the piracy name thing , I don't mind it but it's a little annoying . I wish the quality was better , would be nice to have choice of a higher quality larger file .
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
I downloaded the Casanova Concept, and the quality looks fine to me.

Plus BBM's customer service is excellent. Considering I only paid £0.99 for the effect, when I couldn't work out how to download it (yes, I know I'm dense - feel free to burst out laughing Smile) Owen Packard very quickly and politely responded and told me what to do.

Then, without a further word from me, two days later he sent me a follow-up email to make sure that I had been able to successfully download the file. That's what I call caring for your customer! Smile

Thank you Owen for your prompt, courteous help and thank you BBM for the great deal.

Rich
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
I'd prefer it if the "piracy name" was an invisible watermark.
That said, this is an excellent offer, the Elmsley set and the George McBride video in particular.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
I think both parties could have handled it a bit better. Seems Glenn overreacted a bit and Owen certainly didn't help the situation with his response. I'm betting you guys are both a couple of good guys to hang around with, let's all just take a step back and take a deep breath. Smile

On a different note, I was having trouble with one of the BBM downloads that I purchased from MJM Magic. At two different times I sent an email pretty late at night not expecting a response for a couple of days. Both times he responded right away and was very helpful. This has nothing to do with what transpired above (I've had no issues with the BBM guys except that I'm jealous that they get to spend so much time with John Bannon), just wanted to give props to MJM Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Big Blind Media Sale! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL