The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The end of my Rope Trick. Chris Philpott (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone used this for Adult close up. I will be buying it soon, mainly for my family shows,
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2016, wally wrote:
Has anyone used this for Adult close up. I will be buying it soon, mainly for my family shows,

It's fine for that. If you have the space you will use rope, and if you are performing it close-up for just a handful of folks who are close to you you will use string, ribbon, or something similar. It kills either way. Believe me, it'll work for your family!

Jim
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Chris Philpott
Thanks for the kind words, Jim!

Hey Wally, Jim's right -- this works very well with string for close up for adults. For "adult close up" you may want to check out "French Postcards". Smile
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

As some of you know, we had an email malfunction so some of you didn't get your bonus material for almost two weeks. As a thank you for your patience, I've just posted a free effect on the End-of-my-Rope Trick Facebook page. It's called "Sherlock's Questions" and it's from my book Intimate Mysteries. I've also included a passage from the introduction to the book because some of the ideas in this are pretty new and it might help to have a little context. I hope you enjoy it!

-Chris
carp4865
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of carp4865
Chris, I am new to magic and don't have many supplies except for cards. The only rope I have is clothesline for
some simple tricks. What rope would be best and where would I get it? I am a family/friends magician, so I would need a small amount.
I am looking forward to your DVD arriving at my home.
Thanks in advance for anyone's help or comments. Mike
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Most all the magic dealers on the internet sell magicians rope. The 25 foot length a standard and is reasonably priced.
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
carp4865
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of carp4865
Thank you Ron. I have the End of my Rope DVD from Chris Philpott and being new wondering
if one type would be better then another. Thanks again for your Information, Mike.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Get the 10mm (approx 1/4") size. The thicker sizes would be more dificult to cut with a lot of loops to cut through. On line cost run around $12.00

Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
This rope works really nicely, is soft and cuts easily. I like the red personally. 64 feet of rope for $12 and free shipping if a prime member.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
carp4865
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of carp4865
Thanks Kaliix I will look into it, Thanks again, Mike
philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of philipsw
I'm a little late to this party, but TEOMRT is a fantastic addition to this branch of magic. For me its great pluses (is that even a word?) are the drama of the restoration and how visual it appears. Lots of variations taught. I've posted a full review which includes a video of a fantastic performance of the 'souped up' version of this which was performed on Penn and Teller as an example of how practical the method is (though it didn't fool them!). Great release Chris! Full review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2016/11/0......e-trick/
http://www.morethanmagic.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Better late than never. Smile

Chris Philpott
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Thanks, Ron and Kaliix, for answering rope questions.

Thanks, Phil, for the review!

A new review today on Scott Wells Magic Words Podcast:

"This really fooled the pants off me. It's as clean as it gets. What more would you want from a trick? Beautiful, love it, this is great!"

Thanks, Scott! The review is 55 minutes into the the podcast which features an excellent interview with Mike Pisciotta: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

And just noticed this review from Paul Romhany:

"An amazing cut and restored rope that in my opinion has raised the bar for any cut and restored rope routine. THIS is going in the act!!!"
-Paul Romhany, Vanish Magazine

Thanks, Paul!!
rgemagic
View Profile
New user
uk
55 Posts

Profile of rgemagic
I think this is a great effect. I can't help think that it's part of a stronger effect but well worth looking at.
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Thanks, rgemagic!

New review in Linking Ring Magazine -- I haven't read the whole thing but saw this quote:

"The best Cut and Restored Rope I've ever seen."

-Phil LaPorta, Linking Ring Magazine.

Thank you, Phil!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The end of my Rope Trick. Chris Philpott (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL