The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Magician's Study - Live parlor Show in Las Vegas (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

acortest
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of acortest
I just heard about this Live (parlor?) show called 'The Magician's Study'. https://www.themagiciansstudy.com/

Postings from their Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/MagiciansStudy ) says that in June or July, they will be celebrating their 1 year anniversary, so the venue must've opened initially around June or July of 2021.

I can't find any information here on The Magic Café about the show. Has anyone else heard of it or better yet, attended one of these performances?

I would like to find out who the magician(s) is/are that perform the shows and what type of venue it is (I assume it is a parlor setting, something akin to Steve Cohen's 'Chamber Magic' show). Sounds like shows and audience are both very small & intimate, which may account for the ticket prices.

Tickets range from $89 - $149 (and those are touted as being 'discounted') and there are 2 shows nightly from Thur-Sun. at 7pm & 9pm.

They have a caveat on their 'Tickets' page that says:
*Please note that visiting The Magician's Study is an exclusive experience and you must first obtain a secret codeword to be able to purchase tickets

Also, it says they have returned with 'The Secret Sessions' (an exclusive 'Pop-Up' experience) until they re-open The Magician's Study (I assume the normal show venue).

Anyway, if you have any info or insight on The Magician's Study, please post it here.

Thanks!
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of acortest
I found a good article on the Las Vegas Review Journal website dated Aug 31st, that has a good description of the show and 17 photos (all with 'The Magician' wearing the rabbit head/mask)

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainm......2632371/

The most interesting thing (to me) in the article is that "The show is performed at a single location now, but The Magician has ideas to broaden to multiple Studies, all designed to be favorable to close-up magic. He is likely to recruit and train more than one magician, including a woman, to be added to the roster."

I hope they get enough interest that they can eventually open up multiple venues, which would also encourage repeat customers who want to see the other venues and experience these evenings of magic with other skilled magicians. Hopefully the shows would be different enough so as to cater to the strengths of each particular performer, instead of teaching each performer to perform the same, exact show.
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of acortest
I guess either no one else heard about this Las Vegas magic show, or no one was as curious or as interested as I found it.
bentpenny
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of bentpenny
After reading the article, it sounds like a fun night of magic. They're really trying to play up the theatrics of exclusivity and secrecy with the secret word, and hidden entrance. As a piece of theatre, I think it can be quite entertaining. I'm a bit surprised I didn't read anything about a dress code.

I like that they're thinking of expanding the roster and potentially opening new Magic Studies in other cities. I think there could be an appetite for an intimate magic club-like venue (like we see comedy clubs) especially in Vegas. They're clearly not going for an amateur night/open mic sort of vibe, but at $100 a night (and having to "first obtain a secret codeword to be able to purchase tickets"), it might be priced a bit too steep (and too annoying) for people who just want a fun/pain free/cheap date.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2518 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Thanks for posting this. I RSVPed and got the code and am now trying to figure out when I can make it out to Vegas. Many of the shows are sold out so it might not be for a month or two.

Thanks again!
bentpenny
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of bentpenny
I'd love to hear what you think of the show once you see it. Please post a review Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Magician's Study - Live parlor Show in Las Vegas (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL