The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Here is another Magiro effect worth mentioning (and also near impossible to find):
Bank Note Miracle – This is a penetration effect using a barrowed dollar bill. You have two tubes, two shot glasses that fit inside the tubes and a square plastic plate. A glass is placed inside one of the tubes and the plate is placed in top of it. The 2nd glass is now placed on top of the plate. A barrowed dollar bill (whose serial number has been recorded) is folded, wrapped in tissue paper and a rubber band and paperclipped together. This packet is placed inside the top glass and the 2nd tube place over it. Abracadabra! Remove the top tube and the bill has disappeared from the glass. Remove the plate and the lower tube. The bottom glass now has the tissue paper wrapped around its mouth and held in place with a rubber band. The barrowed bill is inside the glass. A very cleaver method indeed!

Kirk
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Those tricks seem amazing Kirk - thanks for the information!

By the way if ayone is interested in buying Magiro's Coin And Bolt or Magiro's Block And Wand grab one here: http://www.cannon-secrets.de/Index.html - I've just bought one of each and the seller is a pleasure to deal with! Highly recommended Smile

I think I'll start another thread for these Tenyo-like items ... seems there is a lot of interest.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
David, did your copy from Cannon come with a wooden paravent? Because the one I ordered there years ago was made of plastic although they advertised it as wooden.... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
To be honest the postman (actually woman) brought the package today but I wasn't home. So I don't have the tricks yet ... . I have a (very) old miniature version made out of wood and perhaps this one is made from white plastic as the one in Cormatches video ... (is it plastic Roberto?). His website does mention it is wood indeed ... I'll let you know monday Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Thanks. Hope you won't be disappointed, just in case....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Oh great David... here is something else I now need to order because of you <g>. I have Magiro's Psychic Pen's which are cool. Bought them from Hank Lee's many years ago.

John
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 16:51, Killertweety wrote:
To be honest the postman (actually woman) brought the package today but I wasn't home. So I don't have the tricks yet ... . I have a (very) old miniature version made out of wood and perhaps this one is made from white plastic as the one in Cormatches video ... (is it plastic Roberto?). His website does mention it is wood indeed ... I'll let you know monday Smile

mine is white plastic
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
2. “The Cube Prison” is also a great Tenyo like effect. A 3 sided folding panel with a window at the bottom covers a plexiglass tube that sits on a wooden base (see attached picture). The tube has two metal screws crossed at the top and are permanently locked in place. A spectator selects one of two cubes. This cube is dropped behind the panel and now can be seen through the window. The panel is lifted and the spectators can see that the cube rests inside the tube having magically penetrated the fixed metal screws.

great contribution....thank you!!!....the Cube Prison is complete new for me....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 16:59, Nicolino wrote:
Thanks. Hope you won't be disappointed, just in case....

I'm not dissapointed, but it is indeed white plastic. The quality feels fine though. Mine is exact the same as the one on Cormatches video, as expected.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Honestly, I was a little disappointed not only because they listed it as wooden made but they also showed (and still show) a picture of a wooden paravent.
Nonetheless it's a fine version, no doubt about it, and quite affordable as well. Have fun with it!
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have orderd this as well. I was wondering if the photo shown is the stage version versus the close-up version?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I believe the photos on the website are both the stage version yes - that version is probably made out of wood.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Have any of you guys heard of the other tricks there? "Pure Telepathy" sounds a bit like de Cova's Symbolicus, imho.
And "Any Number"? Could be something like Dick Christian has re-released last year....
Any thougths?
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Never heard of them, but I do own Symbologic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_qDjSPfSrE (a great trick by the way - hihly recommended), which uses the same principle as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShMp22hokgM - an Alan Warner effect that I think has just been re-released in some form by another manufacturer (viking?).

I have seen the video of Pure Telepathy and it is an entirely different trick it seems. I don't know about the other you mention, but they also seem to use another method. I realize after typing this that actualy I can't help you in any way Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
*LOL* David - believe it or not, it helps!
I have owned "Symbologic" in the past, and it's a completely different principle than "Symbolicus"

Could you forward me the video link of "Pure Telepathy", please?
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I thought Pure Telepathy might be like Danny Archer's "Animental...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=684FaP7_PK4

There have been several versions of this on the market over the years.

Hank Lee has several Magiro Tricks listed... Pipe Dream, Disk of Mind, Atomic Die, Psychic Pens (I have that one). I believe Hank was the only North American dealer to carry these items.

John
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Boy, hasn't this principle been exploited to death already...?? Smile
At least here in Germany, any children's magic set has a set of cards relying on that idea.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Pure Telepathy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAtlHfy3f8

About 'Animental', ok trick and enternaining, but absolutely nothing new indeed Smile

That 'Pierced' trick from Magiro looks interesting, I have asked the German site I mentioned a few posts back about it but he didn't have them anymore. Does anyone own this trick and if so, what's your opinion? Looks more a puzzle to me but that doesn't have to mean it's not good.

Pipe Dreams also looks interesting, anyone have this?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yes indeed... the idea has been used in many forms. I used the idea in a Power Point presenatation a few years ago using different company product shots and it went over quite well.

Looked at the video Kilertweety but the effect is not that clear (typical of many videos)

Cheers,

John
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2012-04-16 15:39, Killertweety wrote:
Pure Telepathy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAtlHfy3f8

Somehow I strongly doubt this clip shows the Magiro trick....imho it's the title of a DVD with different tricks. A friend of mine has it, IIRC, so I will as,him tomorrow.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Happiness is......... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL