The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm getting ...nervous!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
Rehearse more. Note that I did not say practice more, you need to physically stand up and go through the whole routine, dialogue and all either in front of someone you know well or just in an empty room. Do this until you think you are ready to go and do a show and then rehearse even more.

Also, try some visualization. Get a comfy chair or in bed and close your eyes. Picture yourself doing your routine. Hear the words you will speak, the sounds of the props moving through the air and your audiences applause. See what you are wearing, who your spectators are, the place you are performing in. Smell what you would really be smelling if you were performing. The more detail the better. Make it as real as possible.

Do this several times from the perspective of someone watching you perform and also from your own perspective, what you would see through your own eyes during the performance.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It's ok to be nervous. If you still want to perform, it's showing you have good interest. It's part of taking your first steps. Your nervousness will dissolve more and more the more you perform. But if you get fear inside of you, you have a problem.
bobdomeros
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of bobdomeros
Visualize your worst fear and then magnify it beyond all reason into humor.

My mom saw me palm the card. Now she's calling my dad. They start screaming at me that I've ruined their life. They file for divorce. They pack up during the night and leave. How could any son of mine be a card palmer! Before they leave they commit me to an asylum. My hands are locked in iron boxes for years. I escape by picking the locks with a pen clip left in my cell by the evil warden. My hands have atrophied into pale white claws with thin strands of hair combed over the knuckles. How could I have ever been caught palming a card! Demons plague my every move. All the dead people who have ever palmed cards and been caught wrap me in chains while I sleep, dragging me down to the ninth level of Hell, wherein lie the angels who blasphemed against God, the mass murderers Hitler and Stalin and their ilk... and the card palmers. I glance to the edge of a pit of fire and see my parents and everyone who has ever known me in my life, even the pretty girl I brushed up against accidentally once on the bus, and they are all pointing at me and shrieking in terrible anguished voices: "Card palmer! I saw him palm the card! Oh woe to all of us!"

Well, either it works or it makes you crazy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm getting ...nervous!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL