The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Outfits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3190 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I use a small HISONIC 25 watt system. It was inexpensive, works great (for a sidewalk show -a little small for a circle show -I'd buy one of the 35 watt or higher ones) and was complete in one box for under 200$.

I doubt I'll upgrade any time soon.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Wear what you are comfortable in to perform.
Make it fit your style.
That is all that there is to it.
Gwyd
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Gaddy, I'm not positive yet, but I might start off with the 35 watt.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3190 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-07-23 16:05, Dynamike wrote:
Gaddy, I'm not positive yet, but I might start off with the 35 watt.

Probably a better option. When I bought mine the online store I used was out of the 35 watt unit, and I wasn't savvy enough to know I'd want more power output...

It works for me, but I'd certainly want the extra wattage if I could have it.

For the extra 20 bux it's no bigger or heavier a unit, and the extra power translates into a clearer sound at higher volumes.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-07-21 14:47, gaddy wrote:
I use a small HISONIC 25 watt system. It was inexpensive, works great (for a sidewalk show -a little small for a circle show -I'd buy one of the 35 watt or higher ones) and was complete in one box for under 200$.

I doubt I'll upgrade any time soon.

I have this one also. Some rooms it works great. Other rooms I get distortion and feedback. I do not understand it. When it has no feedback, its great and the sounds carrys fine. Any suggestions?

I have put it high and ensure I stand behind it, not close etc.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
What about reflected sounds? Does it work best in large rooms, or rooms with curtains? Or thinking the other way around, does it feedback in smaller rooms with no curtains?
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Rooms...hee hee. Indoors....snicker. Reflected sounds....whahaahooo!

Whata youz guyz tawlkin' about?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12011 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I will adjust the mic volume tomorrow night. I tried to do it but was uncertain of which was the mic volume.

Of course when I got home it worked great.

The first room was more enclosed then the second room I used it today when it had the feedback. I work at an old west salloon.

I will spend more time tomorrow night doing mic checks.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-07-19 02:48, Tom Frank wrote:
Dress for comfort

I gotcha Frank. After watching a couple DVDs I noticed I rather dress in light colored clothing, not black because of the sunlight. It will be good to have loose clothing also.
Quote:
On 2008-07-19 06:40, gaddy wrote:
Mike,

In your avatar you're wearing an patterned orange suit. Glass houses and all that. It looks fabulous and all, but I'm just sayin'...

As to your question, I think you do need to wear a costume that differentiates you from the audience. And looking like you might need a buck or two never hurt anyone who's a street performer! I usually wear some silver jewelry, but it fits in with my "gypsy garb" I've got going on. When I'm out there, people can see that there is "something" different about me from a block away, many people understand that I'm a magician, even from that distance.

I understand you, Gaddy. I noticed most street buskers wear black outfits. I rather wear something colorful so it will attract more attention further distances. I also learned to replace "hobo like" for gypsy style.

I do have large chunks of jewerly I would like to wear, but I might not make as much because some people might not go with "hip hop" style.
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
391 Posts

Profile of Magic1
I know that this thread is old, and you have probably solved this for yourself, but for the sake of discussion- I would embrace your hip-hop style and make mention of it into your act. Make jokes: "please help to keep me iced-out" "I'm a (Cups and) Baller"

use rap lyrics as quotes when something happens. When a spectator does something cool" "Go on brush your shoulders off"

There's a magic book called "Do the stuff that's YOU" - don't change your style, become your style, then people will start (I'm sure they already do) IMITATING that cool performer Dynamike - and you will watch people doing YOUR lines and think "he should be referencing the music HE'S into, not the music- I'm into"

I myself am in the process of figuring out my character- thinking about who I am if not a busking-gypsy, and it's hard. But as Gaddy said, you already have so much style. Rock your stuff HARD and don't move Detroit to Sheffield- bring the cups and balls to Highland Park!

Keep on, keeping on M1
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Good look'n, bro. Ya kno' wha' I'm say'n?
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
391 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Cool Dynamike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Outfits (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL