The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Publicity stunt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
I'm doing a publicity stunt this summer hanging from a crane parked on top of a parkade and hanging off in a strait jacket good for publicity and get news on me and stuff. the only pproblem is I cant find a harness that holds but just ankles (like a bungee jumping harness) anyone know where I could pick one up and there are no bungee jumping supplies stores in my city Smile
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi

The bungee jump ones are unavailable these days. No one makes them anymore as a couple of people slipped out and fell, at least one was killed. Bungee companies are now moving over to body harnesses. Its a pity, the accidents were likely to have been caused by poor application of the harnesses, rather than a problem with ankle harnessing in general. But fear of litigation has led to body harnesses (which are thought to be more dangerous by many!) taking over.

However, you can get them made to order by stunt companies, mine were made by the people that make ankle harnesses for fear factor and many hollywood movies. I can't remember their name for sure, but I think its 'the stunt stitching company', try a google search I think they should come up.

Whatever you get, a back up harness is a must.

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
A back up harness?

I found a company its called bungee designs

thanks for the tips tho davidstraightjacket
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
The picture at the top of this page:

http://www.bungeedesigns.com/BDequip.htm

that's what I mean by a back up harness.

I don't think they make the ankle one anymore there. The one the stunt company made me is almost identical to that one though.

This is who you need. The stunt sewing (above I thought it was stitching) company:

http://www.amspecinc.com/

These guys can make you anything. There ankle harnesses are great, and so comfortable.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
I called the guy today at bungee designs and hed make me one for $225 including shipping how much you pay for yours?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
There are quite a few ways to hang upside down. If you don't know the ins and outs of it, paying somebody 225 for a well-made harness, is not unreasonable. If you want to fall, it should really be planned into the scenario, eh?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I think it was $105 plus shipping from amspec. I guess bungee designs have gone back to making them, they had quit last year.

There are a lot of ways, I know, I've tried a good few of them. My first suspension rig consisted of a websling. Secure, but *** did that thing hurt. The security and comfort of the pro kit was well worth the money. Its like having my ankles softly carresed with a warm hamster... ummm ... luverly

MaGiShN46. This one was done with gravity boots and a trapeze. It was for a one off escape where I wanted to be able to lift a foot off part way through, so it looked like I was going to fall.

http://www.straitjacketcircus.co.uk/escapes20.jpg

From above:

http://www.straitjacketcircus.co.uk/escapes12.jpg

The escape was done with very little movement, slow and tense. I would not recommend gravity boots alone, espeially if you are going to be wriggling around. Or if you are likely to get blown by the wind.

The websling method, it can hurt like hell, and if you set it up wrong you are in big trouble:

http://www.straitjacketcircus.co.uk/escapes8.jpg

My Website
Add me on facebook
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
PM Clyde. He has a harness designed for the SJ to be suspended upside down.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
But is it in production yet. theres als a amature electronic supply that has a harness in their catalog to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Publicity stunt (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL