The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Raven (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I agree. The Raven is a great utility device (not a trick) that can accomplish miracles. It definitely takes practice to get the knack of.

Also, I don't like the design. It could have been engineered way better.
It does not have to be so large. It is plenty strong at half the size.
I opened mine up and narrowed it down and now it works even better and doesn't get hung up so easily.
Daniel Faith
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Quote:
On 2005-07-27 11:51, Eric Leclerc wrote:
are you kidding me? Only do it once? Reset?? I must be doing it wrong then cause its always ready to go on me even in a t shirt.. Its the best gimmick I use..

Humm.... Eric, I am a little confused. Only a t-shirt? How does that work? I can set it up in a jacket, or t-shirt and shirt on top, as explained in the documentation and companion video, but what is the set up with just a t-shirt? T-shirts have short sleeves... and no opening in front, unless you stuff it down your pants... I have to think about this a little more!

Anyways, personnaly I never had a problem with reset. Use the stopper, it works! But you do need to learn to handle the gimmick in order to stop it from hanging up. Practice makes perfect!

Have a good day!

Louis Jutras
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Think waistband and you can work in a tee. Hold on! didn't blaine do it in a tee?

If you wore the right sort of shorts you could do the raven in just shorts and no top at all. You would have to be very careful indeed but it is not impossible.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
I think you are right about Blaine doing it in a Tshirt. I still have to workout the waistband, but I have to say it is more by intellectual curriossity. When doing close-up I always wear a jacket, so my set up is pretty strait forward. I have done it a few times in a shirt with sleeves roled up, but not often .

Thanks!

Louis Jutras
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Do a search for raven in secret sessions (use Raven and my username in your search), I describe waistband in detail.
- Mark Twain
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
The raven is a nice gimmick. I personally love it. it took me some time to get used to it but I think it was worth it.
anyway , does anyone own the raven x2? I saw so many commercials on the net.
they say it's better than his predecessor. I've heard it's larger.
is that true?
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
hype
View Profile
New user
Oshawa Ontario Canada
28 Posts

Profile of hype
I have one and I need to fix the ***t on it covering the *****t can some on pm me with this information

thanks
"The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful."

Doug Henning

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

Unknown
KidCrenshaw
View Profile
Special user
USA
537 Posts

Profile of KidCrenshaw
Quote:
On 2005-02-25 22:06, magicnewb wrote:
I have the raven and it can be used for thing like paper clips and stuff. See you can do so much more than just coin vanishes. For example, I papercliped a small card with a metal clip and ravened it.

Yeah, that's exactly the type of stuff you don't want to do "NEW-B". That pretty much takes the guessing game out of it for anyone reading, let alone watching it done.

I love my RX2. A whole new world of switching things right in front of peoples eyes. If you need to replace the material, get some from a shop and use hot glue. Simple.
"Put your faith in Providence, but always cut the cards"
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Quote:
On 2005-08-24 05:13, Partizan wrote:
Hold on! didn't blaine do it in a tee?

No, he was actually wearing a lightweight coat for that segment.

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Small-hands Luke
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Small-hands Luke
I generally dislike gimmicks and things but I make an exception for the Raven. It's that good.

Show your hands empty, wave them over the coin or whatnot and its gone. It's versatile, imperceptable and easy. I strongly recommend it.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2005-08-24 05:13, Partizan wrote:
Hold on! didn't blaine do it in a tee?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, he was actually wearing a lightweight coat for that segment.

=Frank=

Ahh, thanks Frank!
I am very happy to know that blaine has not ripped off my handling Smile
- Mark Twain
Gislain
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Gislain
One thing I dislike about the raven is the noise it makes when I use it.
I had to add some tissue in order to keep it more quiet.
I don't know if this changed with r2.
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
No it didn't. It makes the same noise . R2 is just two r's joined together.
I radically reduced the noise though by sticking on a round felt sticky patch I bought in a one pound shop ! I believe they are used to put under kitchen products as some sort of protector .
Who wants to buy the new Raven silencer gimmick and save that old bird from the drawer of oblivion !
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Just been reading over all the reviews and comments here for The Raven. I've been thinking for quite some time about purchasing this. My main concern was the 'noise factor' though, when the Raven does it's 'thing'.

Then, a few days ago, I was surfing and came upon the new Raven X2, so am very confused now as to which is better to purchase. I don't have big hands, and have heard from my local dealer that the X2 is a 'little' harder to use, as it is a little bigger.

Anyone here have the X2 and like it better than the original, or is the original really the best buy. It's going to cost me about a 100 dollar bill in our Canadian currency, as I also want to get the DVD. The X2 here is 60.00 Canadian, the DVD 20.00, and then of course shipping and taxes.

Is this item worth this much of an investment? My dealer assures me there really is NO reset involved, so you could pretty much do this in a walk around situation.

However, how have those of you who own this, dealt with the 'noise' factor?

You can either PM me, or comment here.

Kind Regards...

Smitty
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
I do own the raven and have to admit that it is a nice gimmick. however, it is only limited to vanishing "stuff" or exchanging...and a big downside to it, it's only PERFECT with long sleeves (it can be done sleevless if wearing a buttoned tshirt)

I fell on a nice utility device called Subterfuge, which allows you to do what the raven does but you can do it SLEEVELESS or even NAKED if you want! plus it's not limited to vanishing stuff....i really recommend checking out the video to get a better idea http://www.subterfugemagic.com and check out this thread

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&182

and just to quote a few...

"Tom Cuts said

Quote:

Since you have all made the comparison already I can tell you my first thought, the name of this should be "Free to good home: Raven. Won't be needing it any more."

Haywire said

Quote:
Tom is right, "Free to good home - One raven,I won't be needing it anymore".

Haywire said

Quote:

The system worked quite like a bird of another feather, but without the problems and hassles I've had with that
system."

the new bird flu disease is called subterfuge! just my two cents!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
MagicDan21
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of MagicDan21
Ravens really good, not just for coins either, I'd recomend it..now the tricky part is not forgetting it :-/
gibson99
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gibson99
So would you guys say that in terms of vanishing a coin from someone's hand, the Raven is the cleanest?
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Subterfuge is the cleanest (you can do it TOPLESS if you want, and no buttoned t-shirt)
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
gibson99
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gibson99
Unfortunately I have NEVER worn a ring in my life and it would be quite obvious to those who know me that the ring has something to do with it. Blaine's vanish lloks amazing to me. You guys say he uses the Raven? If so, than that seems to be my best bet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Raven (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL