The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Was bored, So I pulled out my Raven.. the results... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
... Everyone reading this I am sure knows my vampire approach, so that is the angle.

Some one asks, "How do you do that?"

"Pardon", as I turn and look at them inquisitivly.

" Your tricks! "

My eyes then leer at her, "Tricks." grin, "To be honest I am not quite sure, It has to do with the shadows my old master told me many years ago: Here, if you will lend me your hand" then reach for their hand, take it and turn it palms up, " Hm, we need something to demonstrate this.
Magicly pull a coin out of no where. still with glassy eyes place the coin in his or her hand, preferably her as women are more responsive to magic.
" We need the shadows."
Bow your head as showing respect entering their space, cover your hands over hers.
" Now niether of us will see this but we both will feel it I assure you."
Acting is required to get them to get spooked.
"The creature he is coming. Do you feel him!?" Now get a slight wide eyed look. but very subtle.
The coin is now gone.
Slowly with elgance break apart your hands as you turn them face up. With a look of confidence but yet misunderstanding.
"I love the night. It's the only time I feel really alive."

---Helen Chandler in the film "Dracula" (1931)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to l
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Really nice way to do the Raven coin vanish!! I like the invocation of the shadow creature - very suitably spooky.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
Yeah, great idea! Fits with your character, and perfectly motivates holding your hand over their hand. I'm not sure about the shadow "creature" part, though. I'll bet it could be done, it just strikes me as a little too specific, and in this case, a little inconsistent. You say, "I am not quite sure," and "now, neither of us will see this, but both of us will feel it, I assure you"--good line, by the way--but then you go on to talk about a creature. Which is it? Do you know it's a creature, or are you not quite sure?

Perhaps better would be only giving hints as to what might lurk within the shadows, rather than actually calling it a creature. You could still say that you felt something coming, but it might be less of a stretch if it's kept vague. Maybe some talk like, "have you ever felt a presence lurking in the shadows, but when you turned the light on nothing was there? Perhaps there's something in the shadow itself..."

Just a thought.

-Travis
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
I just wanted to say that I'm very impressed at your effort to create character and story! I've read several of your posts, and you seem to be a far cry from most guys your age with their "hey, hey, look at this" approach to magic. It's also great to see polished pros like Lee offering support to you. I like the mood you have created with this effect and I second Travis' suggestion to be a little more vague about the "energy" or "force" in the darkness, rather than creature. It adds a little more tension and mystery. Sometimes it's better for us to let the spectators paint their own pictures in their minds, and I think your approach is a perfect example of where this would work to your advantage. Keep up the creative thinking!
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
The "Shadow" is a very cool idea!

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Whoa! That is a great idea!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Actually, that shadow concept opens up the door for nearly every effect, really.
Most everything is done undercover, after all. It's a great universal alibi.

Mayo, have you played around with a Bat (isn't that apropriate ;-) or an M5 yet ?
I think you'd love it. That and loops.
Mental powers should fall in nicely with the vampire theme. I think somebody else mentioned Luke Jermay to you, that definitely sounds enticing, albeit advanced.

I thought of another feeding effect - good for Valentine's day, anyway.
I have no idea if this is original. I also don't really care, it's just something that popped into my head.
Either palm a small bladder/bulb or, better, keep it in your armpit, with a long tube running down to just inside your hand - a wristwatch band could help keep it reined in place, plus a loose elastic band on your upper arm too. Surgical tubing or tubing from Home Depot/Lowes would be fine - now, ahead of time, fill the bulb with fake blood.
To peform: make a Napkin Rose, (with Michael Mode's red/green napkins), and when it'd done, sqeeze the petals using the same hand that has the tube attached to the arm. Squeeze your arm in to force the blood out. You can't get blood out of a stone, but you can get it from a rose !
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
Ah I see travisb, you are right the whole, " I dunno how it works, but that lil fellow comes and takes it. I just don't know how this works." Dose seem a bit swashy so revised.
Some one asks, "How do you do that?"

"Pardon", as I turn and look at them inquisitivly.

" Your tricks! "

My eyes then leer at her, "Tricks." grin, "To be honest I am not quite sure, It has to do with the shadows my old master told me many years ago: Here, if you will lend me your hand" then reach for their hand, take it and turn it palms up, " Hm, we need something to demonstrate this.
Magicly pull a coin out of no where. still with glassy eyes place the coin in his or her hand, preferably her as women are more responsive to magic.
" We need the shadows."
Bow your head as showing respect entering their space, cover your hands over hers.
" Now niether of us will see this but we both will feel it I assure you."
Acting is required to get them to get spooked.
"The shadows, do you feel them? Just as I feel them, Getting heavier, thicker." Now get a slight wide eyed look. but very subtle.
(The coin is now gone.)
Slowly with elgance break apart your hands as you turn them face up. With a look of confidence but yet misunderstanding.

I love tossing around patter Ideas!
Aslo myst very cool Idea with the rose, takes me back to the stage makeup effects Smile and makes for a really entertaining effect!

Um personal crisis at hand I will be back to tack on to this post later guys.
"I love the night. It's the only time I feel really alive."

---Helen Chandler in the film "Dracula" (1931)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to l
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Was bored, So I pulled out my Raven.. the results... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL